wild camping Thetford Forest (1 Viewer)

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/wild-camping/21971-wild-camping-thetford-forest.html#po

have driven through the forest on many occasion and noted these good areas but as i am only 20 miles from home not had a need to, i have seen the odd van there but don,t know if they were wild campers or just walkers.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
theres every possibility it could be patrolled by the 'camping police' during the night. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I thought you had stopped doing that Richard ?

But if you aint, I would advise folk to avoid north of Thetford !

On a serious note, a couple of my friends wild camp in various places ( Nice places on the 1065 between Mundford and Swaffham )
You could also probably pull in to Thetford Rugby club grounds ( On the 134 about 2 miles out of Thetford heading towards Kings Lynn )
When someone turns up to open the bar I am sure if you ask nicely there would not be a problem

OP
OP
B

Biker

Free Member
Apr 10, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
Exp
Thanks for the replies guys,,,,

Jaws I hadn’t thought of the Rugby club grounds, that’s where we used to have the Bird bash init !!

:thumb::thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
"Forget not hospitality to strangers, for some have thereby entertained angels unawares!"

Hi Imprint,
Lovely quote: where did you find it?
John

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
We have camped in the carpark near the desert rats memorial on many occasions when we used to live in Wiltshire and visit friends and relatives in Norfolk and never had any problems. We also used to camp in a picnic area out towards Swaffham raceways, it is patrolled by police and a couple of times we made them coffee and chatted, they were fine as long as we were only staying the one night. On the road from Brandon to Santon Downham there are a few places you can pull off the road and stop over night, if you are lucky you will be able to watch the deer come out to feed around you in the evening :thumb:
I haven't been to the picnic area you mention, one of my fav places to wild camp used to be a place called the Devils Punchbowl out through croxton village on the way to Wrettham camp, but they have barriers there since a house was built out there :Angry:

Tina

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back