YukonJac is back after a 3 year exile to the colonies!!! I missed you guys... (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
I believe I was last seen by Funsters laying around a Sicilian campsite in the winter of '15/16. After scarfing way too many cannolis and gelatos, I went on a colossal 7000km bike ride around Europe with my little dog Murph, and after that, a slightly skinnier me reluctantly headed to frozen Canada to be with elderly parents. Actually, I'm still in bloody frozen Canada (-30c here at the moment), but thank God, I'm off for another epic bike adventure in three months - Nordkapp, Norway to Gibraltar. If I survive that lunacy, I'm heading back to the UK - that is, if the drawbridge hasn't been hoisted up; I'm an icky EU national. In any case, I've desperately missed my UK/European motorhome life and am hoping to buy another one when I get back. Glad to be back on this great site - feels like coming home!
So what have I missed????

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Welcome back.

You've missed lots, not least the passing of two great Funsters JudgeMental and Tootles :(.

It'll take you the next three years to catch up.

How's the little doggy? And what were the logistics of travelling with her?

Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Welcome back.

You've missed lots, not least the passing of two great Funsters JudgeMental and Tootles :(.

It'll take you the next three years to catch up.

How's the little doggy? And what were the logistics of travelling with him?
Oh dear - I thought we may have lost a few. RIP to them both.
Well, I left for Sicily just before the Brexit vote - David Bowie and Europe in one year - sheesh. So yes indeed, I have no idea what I'm coming back to.
The Murph is getting old - she'll be 15 this year but still going pretty strong. She's desperate to get out of this icy hell-hole and back to the sandy beaches in her native N Norfolk. She travels in her own chaise lounge on the bike in true comfort. She absolutely loves long-distance bike touring. International flights she does in her cushy travel bag in the cabin with me. We are both very well-seasoned travellers! We are trying to be patient regarding what will happen with her UK pet passport - I have no idea if we'll be able to use it when we land in Amsterdam this May. Total pain in the arse, and only the start, I reckon.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome back animated 2.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
:wb:, really looking forward to reading and following your future adventures and fun filled travels.. (y)
Hello! I remember you!
Thank you very much - I'm planning to blog and perhaps VLOG. We shall see.
Hope you are well!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome back.

Your bike ride with your dog sounds amazing. Have you written it up (blog) or similar? Any photos of the dog on the bike?

We are in a slightly similar situation with our dog, travelling in Europe at the mo and have no idea if we can get her back when we return in May. Put it like this - we will get her back by legal or other ways! :boxing:

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hello and welcome back.

Your bike ride with your dog sounds amazing. Have you written it up (blog) or similar? Any photos of the dog on the bike?

We are in a slightly similar situation with our dog, travelling in Europe at the mo and have no idea if we can get her back when we return in May. Put it like this - we will get her back by legal or other ways! :boxing:

Thanks!
There is a link below in my post to my old blog - mostly Sicily campervanning, but quite of few pics of our bike stuff too. Have a look. Yes, the pet travel thing is now extremely awkward. Coming and going to the continent will be so much more expensive and inconvenient if we're listed as third country. We can only watch helplessly...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome back! Norway to Gibraltar will be a doddle - downhill all the way. :) Sadly, you may have to do the EU bit in three months but things are still a bit murky on that subject. :(

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Welcome back! Norway to Gibraltar will be a doddle - downhill all the way. :) Sadly, you may have to do the EU bit in three months but things are still a bit murky on that subject. :(
Hello John! How are you, mate?
Are you still a Murvi man? I may be looking for another when I get back but the Canadian dollar is even crappier than the £££. We'll see how the exchange pans out. Hope we run into you on the return!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome back to FUN, really enjoyed your travel notes and am looking forward to reading more. :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Wow! Have just flicked through for photos of the dog on the bike, but have bookmarked it for a proper read. Your adventures look amazing and put our cushy travels in the shade!

We will be in Norfolk ( near Kings Lynn ) in the late spring, if you are about I would love to meet up and compare notes.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
By the way @YukonJac, if you need any help or assistance in and around Gibraltar we have good friends who live nearby and work on Gib. They are also slightly crazy, but very welcoming genuine people.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Wow! Have just flicked through for photos of the dog on the bike, but have bookmarked it for a proper read. Your adventures look amazing and put our cushy travels in the shade!

We will be in Norfolk ( near Kings Lynn ) in the late spring, if you are about I would love to meet up and compare notes.
We'll have to keep in touch for sure. I'll be in arctic Norway about that time though - starting a really big bike tour that will, minus any major incidents, take us to S Spain (or Sardinia or Crete - I will go with the flow). Should be back in the UK by December if I don't find myself stuck in paradise. I'll probably be on the forum a lot - I love to run into Funsters when I'm bike touring - usually means a nice glass of something and a good chat!

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
By the way @YukonJac, if you need any help or assistance in and around Gibraltar we have good friends who live nearby and work on Gib. They are also slightly crazy, but very welcoming genuine people.
Oh wow - great to know!! I'll probably be looking like Tom Hanks in Cast Away by then...

Last edited:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Welcome back :) lovely to see you are heading back into civilization again soon lol. Hope to see ya somewhere on your travels keep us all posted if possible on your tour x

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Welcome back :) lovely to see you are heading back into civilization again soon lol. Hope to see ya somewhere on your travels keep us all posted if possible on your tour x
Garry my man!!! Happy days playing Bocce with you in Punta Braccetto!! I see you are using a pic of me as your avatar, you cheeky beggar!! See you soon. XO

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hello John! How are you, mate?
Are you still a Murvi man? I may be looking for another when I get back but the Canadian dollar is even crappier than the £££. We'll see how the exchange pans out. Hope we run into you on the return!
Still got the Murvi and off next week to Devizes for another Murvi meet, we usually manage one a year or so. Then in May off to Corsica and Sardinia which we are looking forward to. We visited Sicily in 2017 and had a great time but Corsica and Sardinia are a bit more involved to get to because I've decided to book the ferries we need in advance. For Sicily you can just turn up at the port.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Still got the Murvi and off next week to Devizes for another Murvi meet, we usually manage one a year or so. Then in May off to Corsica and Sardinia which we are looking forward to. We visited Sicily in 2017 and had a great time but Corsica and Sardinia are a bit more involved to get to because I've decided to book the ferries we need in advance. For Sicily you can just turn up at the port.
All my very best to the Murvi club folks!! Can't tell you how much I miss my Murvi - it was probably out of my league really, but I'll aspire to another one one day. Looking at lower-end used PVCs at the moment - I had a Trigano Tribute at one point and it was more than adequate.
I went to Corsica off-season in my Romahome years ago - from Marseille, I think. A seriously beautiful place, of course, and a bit more interesting thanks to the separatist movement there! I hope you have a GREAT time. Scritches to your cute little pup!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Scritches to your cute little pup!

Charlie's grown up a bit now, 3 years old but still largely untrainable! This was taken on Dartmoor a few weeks ago. The white dog isn't ours but we were looking after it for relations who were on holiday. There were sheep about so I had to tie Charlie up while I took the photo. :)

DSC_0110.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back