Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We have seen a couple of good motorhomes but they are a bit above our price range, so at the lower end we have seen this one, it’s a couple of years older at least than what we wanted, it’s private so no dealers warranty but we would have someone do a habitation check, I’m thinking the payload may possibly be a bit low, but then everything is. Other than that it ticks most of the boxes. What are your thoughts?
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravan-club-classifieds/motorhome/rapido/997m/884417/

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Buying privately you get more information and history about the vehicle. Trade warranties may or may not be of value.

Whatever you buy check for damp and check underneath for rust. Check MOT history and service history/ cambelt change, age of batteries and tyres. IMO condition is more important than age. The van looks good to me....but I'm not buying:)

Upvote 0
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Looks a nice mh as long as it meets your needs, it does have a lot of extras fitted. Maybe the chassis could be up rated from the 3800kg ? If your worried about payload. Just try to be sure and happy about buying it or wait until you get that "I want it" feeling :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
It's a common question on here. But there is little we can do for you other than say take an expert to view.
I paid a lot less for a 1999 vehicle but I crawled over and under it myself and even bought a moisture meter. I spent 90 minutes at least quizzing the owner and asked about all the weak spots I researched beforehand. I then budgeted £2K for repairs and upgrades most of which I did myself.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks, I will take note of the points. If we buy privately we will definitely have a pre purchase inspection, I’ve Looked at the mot history, nothing worrying.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sucoz

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
After Jev88 mentioned weak spots I looked up the ‘Mercedes sprint-shift’ and there are quite a few negative comments, think we may keep looking.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back