Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Don't understand puters much dont understand what that flushing thing is only the one in the loo, left puter turned off for a couple of hours and bingo it 's working.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Divorce on the cards,,,,, comes up on this little fart (The wifes net/notebook) but not on my laptop or my main puters...

What am I doing wrong and how do you flush your dna`s.... cant be doing with this silly little thing.... 5 glasses of wine down me throat and still not got any where.....

Please some one point an ignoramous in the right direction in as simple terms as possible... Thankyou.. :cry:[/I]

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you are on Windows 7 you can try this.
1. Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
3. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Also restarting your router may help depending on where you get your DNS service from.

Karl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
flushed DNS cache....turned lappy off and back on... shouted at shirl... kicked the dog...still the 'old server' message...was going to give up and subscribe to the darkside :Blush:

saved from a fate worse than death when MHF reappeared. :thumb::roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Mine was working fine then said I was on he old server again I flushed and flushed made no difference then back she came all on her own:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Missed you John, where you been:roflmto:

flushed DNS cache....turned lappy off and back on... shouted at shirl... kicked the dog...still the 'old server' message...was going to give up and subscribe to the darkside :Blush:

saved from a fate worse than death when MHF reappeared. :thumb::roflmto:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
worked ok at first earlier this afternoon and then got the message to flushdns. Decided to reboot router and remove cookie before going to dnsflush and then back on

stew

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
yeh yeh yeh

Nothing all day:ROFLMAO: - just tried and yippee back on:thumb: - thanks Jim - was not brave enough to try flush:Doh: - blonde and senior - but here we are back to fun xx

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Well played, Jim Lad, early to bed tonight, with our thanks ringing in your ears!! (plus England's win yesterday!)

Now for the ruderies. (Ladies, avert your eyes.)

Thinking of the froggies, bless, and reading your first post here, you mentioned Grommet and serving. A grommet is a rubber ring thingy which goes into the hole - often called a Fr*nch l*tt*r. Now is Karl a sort of German letter, like a French one only more efficient? Certainly a very efficient service, liebling, schone danke, only I can't find an umlaut in this font.

Thanks guys.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well after fiddling with my computers all day (Laptop & Biggun) and getting no where and her silly little netbook/notepad working fine.... :Sad:

I slung her and her netbook thingy out the fourth floor of our bungalow and thought i would try my lappy once more before I go and have a few more bottles of wine..... :wine:

And low and behold it`s there, and very fast... :thumb:

Thanks Jim.. :thumb:

Should I let the misses and her silly little puter in the house now or wait.. ? :Nowink:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This morning got on first time, come to log on about a half a hour ago and its took me until now, but it does seem a lot quicker going form thread to thread, now my cookies have got on again perhaps it will be ok. Thank you Jim for all your hard work.:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Having loads of problems. Flushed DNS, binned cookies and browsing history. Sometimes i log on and it is the new server sometimes the old one Pffft.

Scuse my higorance but when we move to a new server why don't we bin the old one then the ISP could only find the new one? :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just wrote a quite lengthy thread and tried to post it......(copied it the second time round :thumb:)

no such luck.....'old server' message AGAIN ?

flushed the DNS yet again and i'm back...but for how long ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Having loads of problems. Flushed DNS, binned cookies and browsing history. Sometimes i log on and it is the new server sometimes the old one Pffft.

Scuse my higorance but when we move to a new server why don't we bin the old one then the ISP could only find the new one? :Smile:
Snap Ken.....old, new, old, new....i know Jim has his reasons for the change but this aint fun :Angry:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry guys its the propagation of the new address, for some ISPs it seems to take longer than others, and depending on the route your ISP takes to find us it will go to the old one or the new one, if the old server was not there, you would still be taken to where the isp thought it was. Because the route taken might be different each time it can flip flop between old and new. :Sad: By this evening everyone should be here with us:Smile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
One good thing PJ is your moving avatar is moving again - on the old server it was stuck in one position :ROFLMAO:

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
rvoc

Hi all
anybody know if rvoc is up or is it just my machine

Cheers
Pete

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
It can take longer than a few hours until its totally settled Jim, sometimes it can take upto a couple of days

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Tried all day but no luck accessing the site, so panicking. Didn't flush DNS as I read about problems with Vista when doing this.:Eeek:
Felt so depressed.....and had withdrawal symptoms...... :cry:

Thought I'd give it one last try about 10 mins ago and BINGO here you all are!!!:ROFLMAO:
Phew, thought I'd lost you for ever.....

Thanks for the hard work ,Jim.
Lucille

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Been trying for hours and suddenly you appeared ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well I'm off to bed, I'll be up early, any problems discovered, just shout up in this thread. Night all:thumb:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm not getting an email notification anymore that someone has replied to the threads I'm following. Do I need to tweak something? :Eeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back