Year 2000 Peugeot Boxer, same as Ducato, radio wiring advice please. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We recently purchased this vehicle, its an Auto-sleeper Executive & I'd like to replace the Sony radio CD player. However, I'm having some problems with the radio even as it is.
Every other vehicle I've ever had has two positions on the ignition key, but this thing has either Off or ON where the key is concerned. There doesn't appear to be a position One on the key, it goes straight from Off to On with ignition lights showing! Furthermore the radio that's there just now is losing all radio channels the minute the ignition is switched off, this must mean that there is no permanent live feed, that shouldn't be too difficult to rewire. More of a problem is that I've always liked having the radio on when sitting enjoying a nice view, but with no obvious position one on the ignition key, the ignition would need to be fully on to listen to the radio! Is this normal with these vehicles?
Could anyone tell me the what the normal radio wiring colours are & where they should be going if I put a new radio in?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
My 2003 ducato radio was wired to be on with ignition. I had it changed to permanent live to do as you wish to, listen to radio when stationary.
But you do have to be careful, mine is lit up like a Christmas tree when off, so there is a battery drain, fortunately it had a removable face plate so I take that off when not in use

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I wired my radio direct to the Leisure battery with an inline switch to isolate it as and when , works perfectly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back