Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Afternoon all
Can you let me know if you have the Xzent system in your cab. We have an Autotrail F74 and we have had real problems with the system. For example, I can be driving down roads that have been there for years and all of a sudden, the screen goes crazy and puts me in adjacent fields, driving across streams. According to the system, it had me driving at 185mph, when approaching traffic lights!!!
George

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Apologies for reviving this thread but can I ask if anyone has managed to connect an Android phone to an Xzent X-F285 ? Consider myself technical after more years than I care to remember in computer industry but this is defeating me. Tried numerous apps but none will connect. Seriously thinking of going over to an iphone to use Carplay - is this any better ?. Upgraded software in Xzent from 4.1 to 4.3 this afternoon thinking I had bricked unit at first when update failed but tried a slightly different way and it worked. Amazed there is no failsafe and if update fails the unit goes into an endless reboot sequence waiting for the correct file !

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
It should connect easily. Depends what you want to use from the Android. Bluetooth certainly works, and you have to make sure you use the USB1 flying lead to link the phone directly to the Xzent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
I thought connection would be easy but I’m not finding that the case. Main reason for connecting to Android is to use Waze as I trust it more than the xzent nav. Bluetooth works fine and am now thinking that’s how I was able to play music from phone. Ford only offer 1 USB port and am sure that is connected to USB1 on the xzent as I have been able to update the software to 4.3. Really feel that the problem is less xzent but more finding the right app on the Google Play Store to install on my phone. Have tried a few already but still get no device connected. Have my name on a used iphone coming free next weekend and will probably leave it until then unless I hear of an app that works.

Thanks for replying, do appreciate it !

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Depends on the age of the head unit. The 280 doesn't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto only the 285.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
The Xzent unit which came with my van, new in mid-23, did Apple Carplay but not Android Auto. Instead it provided a very flakey Android screen mirroring app which was not acceptable to me. I sold it, which went a good way towards the cost of a replacement.

I bought and fitted a Pioneer SPH950. Initially the supplier sent the wrong fitting kit and also a low spec interface for the steering wheel controls which didn't provide full functionality. Once those were replaced it has worked very well.

I didn't buy the Pioneer satnav software as the intention was to use apps on my phone via Android Auto. I either use Google maps or for pre-planned routes I use Myroute Navigation which I also use on my motorcycle as this has very good and easy to use route planning which includes the ability to take into account motorhome dimensions. The Android Auto integration on this is still being developed, so for the time being I am keeping a phone mount on the dashboard so that I can use the phone directly in case of problems.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back