Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Afternoon all
Can you let me know if you have the Xzent system in your cab. We have an Autotrail F74 and we have had real problems with the system. For example, I can be driving down roads that have been there for years and all of a sudden, the screen goes crazy and puts me in adjacent fields, driving across streams. According to the system, it had me driving at 185mph, when approaching traffic lights!!!
George

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Have you checked the software is the current version? Bit of a convoluted process but there are downloads from their website to USB stick.

There are various models of the Xzent. Can't recall what is in my Autotrail PVC but the sat nav functions do from time to time appear to put me in fields alongside the road, suggesting the GPS calibration goes awry. When I had the unit out of the dashboard, trying to check the DAB aerial as that is also fairly pants, it was apparent the GPS aerial is buried in amongst other dashboard wires so the signal probably gets interference.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Have you checked the software is the current version? Bit of a convoluted process but there are downloads from their website to USB stick.

There are various models of the Xzent. Can't recall what is in my Autotrail PVC but the sat nav functions do from time to time appear to put me in fields alongside the road, suggesting the GPS calibration goes awry. When I had the unit out of the dashboard, trying to check the DAB aerial as that is also fairly pants, it was apparent the GPS aerial is buried in amongst other dashboard wires so the signal probably gets interference.
Many thanks for your reply. I have always thought that the unit was not set up correctly. For your information the MH is only 2 months old!! I have been in contact with the dealer, who has contacted Autotrail, but they always seem to want additional information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Had same with mine, did the updates which helped but also make sure your mobile etc isnā€™t sitting on top of the unitā€¦..affects the sat nav on mine!

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Afternoon all
Can you let me know if you have the Xzent system in your cab. We have an Autotrail F74 and we have had real problems with the system. For example, I can be driving down roads that have been there for years and all of a sudden, the screen goes crazy and puts me in adjacent fields, driving across streams. According to the system, it had me driving at 185mph, when approaching traffic lights!!!
George
Give up on our Xzent sat nav and bought a Garmin camper sat nav, the rest of it works ok if a bit lumpy.

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Afternoon all
George

Hello Georgeā€¦..cut your losses. Iā€™ve had two Xzent A-F270ā€™s and a Zenec (made by the same company) returned to the dealerā€¦.I spent hours trying to sort them out. Two years and 5 different head unitsā€¦ā€¦now on number 6, expensive Pioneer ( being fitted in Ducato 8ā€™s) and it appears to be a quality well above the others.

Time will tell. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
I must admit, even after this short time of having the MH and sat nav, I am thinking along your lines (separate sat nav). I shouldnā€™t have to, as I feel that I have paid for it!!!

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I must admit, even after this short time of having the MH and sat nav, I am thinking along your lines (separate sat nav). I shouldnā€™t have to, as I feel that I have paid for it!!!

I got rid of the whole unit. The DAB was awful and ours didnā€™t have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. The company I used to fit the Pioneer plugged the unit straight into the Fiat fitted DAB arielā€¦.works better than my car radio.

Trying to update the dam Xzent was so frustrating.ā€¦.and didnā€™t work. I contacted both Xzent and Naviextrasā€¦..neither able to help.

If you get a head unit with Android Auto or CarPlay, you can use any of the Sat Nav Apps via your phone. (y)

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
First thing to do is use the unit to tell you how many satellites you are receiving. Go to the menu and look under INFO. It should be in the range 8-10. Electronic equipment near the unit can affect this, as has been said above. Could be a tracker fitted near by.

Then, as has been, said go onto the Xzent and Naviextras website and update the unit. Its really not very difficult if you follow the instructions on the Xzent website. While its a new van, it may have been quite some months ago when the Xzent was made. Updates definitely improve the DAB radio.

The unit does work very well. So far this year I've travelled nearly 8000 miles through 8 countries, and its never let me down. Its actually Tom Tom camper software in it, and it does warn of height problems and avoid narrow roads provided you set the route preference to EASY.

Upvote 1
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Tried using Google Maps or Apple Maps on. a smart phone? There are others which also work with Apple Car Play so having a CarPlay unit installed does the business. the 1st two do not need maps downloaded as they use live mapping which means that congestion points show up. A USB cable connected to your smart phone works best. I have an Ā£80 chinese Car play radio with the app off the phone. Works a treat. My son has the Panasonic unit which is better in many respects but then the price is or was well over Ā£300.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Tried using Google Maps or Apple Maps on. a smart phone? There are others which also work with Apple Car Play so having a CarPlay unit installed does the business. the 1st two do not need maps downloaded as they use live mapping which means that congestion points show up. A USB cable connected to your smart phone works best. I have an Ā£80 chinese Car play radio with the app off the phone. Works a treat. My son has the Panasonic unit which is better in many respects but then the price is or was well over Ā£300.
The Xzent will run Google Maps and Apple Car Play, or any other mapping programme you have on your phone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
Thanks all you responders, that is so helpful. Will let you know how I get on. Iā€™m hoping not to end up in a river or a field!!!! Take care.

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Android auto is unable to navigate correctly out of the cul-de-sac I live in half the time.

Playing Google Maps through it doesnā€™t appear to be a problem, I havenā€™t tried any others yet.

I agree, the updates should be easy, but the three Units I had were anything but. It took me no time at all with my new Pioneer unit, which had exactly the same instructions. I literally spent hours, going backwards and forwards between the van and PC in the house to try and get the Xzent and Zenec Units to work properly. Two years of tryingā€¦ā€¦I gave up.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Eventually, the Dealer coughed to having ā€˜numerousā€™ (his words) units exchanged, gave me a part refund and I went elsewhere. (y)

Upvote 0
Jan 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
5W!b*ab3K#
Afternoon all
George
I had a similar problem until I changed the antenna and fingers crossed it seems to be sorted. The one I fitted was an
ALPHA4A/1M/SMAM/S/S/26 by SIRETTA. It has a 1m lead that if your arial is mounted on the dashboard seems to be long enough. I also added some aluminium tape under it to give a stronger isolation to interference

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I have never met a single person who says that Zenec, Xzent or Naviextras products are fit for purpose.
(They are all the same software company using Tom Tom mapping)

I will be swapping my Zenec unit as soon as i find a decent replacement.

I currently use a 5 year old Tomtom device which, using the same base maps, is far better, easier to use, and above all, reliable.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
I have never met a single person who says that Zenec, Xzent or Naviextras products are fit for purpose.
(They are all the same software company using Tom Tom mapping)

I will be swapping my Zenec unit as soon as i find a decent replacement.

I currently use a 5 year old Tomtom device which, using the same base maps, is far better, easier to use, and above all, reliable.
T

Upvote 0
OP
OP
George E C

George E C

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Keymer
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since March 2017
How did you get on? Did you keep the xzent? Curious as i have the painful 275
Hi Birty
We are having the whole unit changed on 2nd March. So am hoping that the ā€œproblemā€ gets sorted. Will let you know how it goes.
After that, we have to get the self locking habitation door sorted out. Autotrail are convinced that it is a Ford problem, whereas Ford say the opposite.
George

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Caravanned for 30 years, nearly two years in with the motorhome.
Hi, search down on the Benimar section under continental vans and you will some additional info. It took us 5 replacement units and it turned out to be the location of the aerial cable, sorted by the supplying Xzent engineer eventually. Dealership just kept replacing the unit and wasting my time and cost. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Afternoon all
George
George, we have loads of information on this on our F Line Owners Group on Facebook. Essentially the GPS is fitted in the wrong place and needs relocating plus they maybe an issue with the age of the software. It should be version 3.3. although 4.1 is imminent.

Please note, map updates aren't part of the delivery scope of either Auto Trail, your dealer or Zenec. They are the sole responsibility of the consumer.

Come and join us, there's loads of tech support, info on accessory fitting and hacks to make the F Line a bit more user friendly.

Iain

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Don't know how many people you've ever met, but I'm quite happy with mine. It works well.
Hi Old Gibber

As a positive poster about the XZent infotainment system/satnav I though I hope you dont mind me asking you for some assistance with mine.

History;-

Have just taken (6 weeks) delivery of my Autotrail Imala Brand new 2023 model which has the XZent F275 inoftainment system with the sat nav pre-installed on the first two trips, back from the dealership and on the trip to have an alarm installed it gave me a hard time however on the return journey it worked fine and also the other day on a local trip to have additional work carried out, both ways.

I had decided to just run with it for the time being and see how things went.

You may have guessed I am a technophone!

Today though I thought I would try and link my Android (Pixel 3a) phone which I hoped would be a simple procedure but even hard wired it said no device present and again when trying bluetooth no device was found with just this limited info. are you aware of any steps I should take or may have missed to achieve a connection.

I feel I need to get to the bottom of this because I believe updates require a connection.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ray

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back