Wurzen Pass Austria and Vrisc Pass in Slovenia advice ? (1 Viewer)

Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good afternoon all . We are heading off to Croatia next week so looking forward to this trip. We have had some great advice from a funster on this forum who has done these passes numerous times to get to Croatia. I have now seen the video of someone driving through the Vrisc pass. It looks absolutely stunning and the advice is go early, and now i can see why :whew:. Right people who has travelled these passes ?? and what were your experiences. We have an easylifter motorbike trailer on the back which has castor wheels on it, so not your standard pivot trailer. With this on the back we are 10m in length. Look forward to your replies. (y)

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Good afternoon all . We are heading off to Croatia next week so looking forward to this trip. We have had some great advice from a funster on this forum who has done these passes numerous times to get to Croatia. I have now seen the video of someone driving through the Vrisc pass. It looks absolutely stunning and the advice is go early, and now i can see why :whew:. Right people who has travelled these passes ?? and what were your experiences. We have an easylifter motorbike trailer on the back which has castor wheels on it, so not your standard pivot trailer. With this on the back we are 10m in length. Look forward to your replies. (y)
Worsner pass !! Just to see the name sends a shiver down my spine. I’ve never been on a road so vertical😳. In first gear, there is a bloody great sign that says “get in FIRST GEAR NOW! as you near the bad bit. We had a Rohill tag axel on that trip & it was touch & go. Can’t remember the % but it was scared. Interesting Cold War bunkers at the top though.

Ah I may be reading worsen pass & assuming worsner? Just noticed.

Upvote 0

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
The Wurzen pass is easy enough, did only have a 7m MH though ...........

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Worsner pass !! Just to see the name sends a shiver down my spine. I’ve never been on a road so vertical😳. In first gear, there is a bloody great sign that says “get in FIRST GEAR NOW! as you near the bad bit. We had a Rohill tag axel on that trip & it was touch & go. Can’t remember the % but it was scared. Interesting Cold War bunkers at the top though.

Ah I may be reading worsen pass & assuming worsner? Just noticed.
Glad you back tracked :coolest:

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Virsic Pass is stunning and I didn't find it too stressful.
Lots of switchbacks, many of which are paved with stone setts which have become polished with use and it occurred to me these may become slippery in wet weather ?
Watch out for the suicide motorcycles riders coming the other way on wrong side of the road 😲
It wasn't that busy when I was there and there are lots places to pull over and admire the scenery and the history of the place and how the pass came to be built.
I didn't have a trailer and no idea how it might affect your journey.
Enjoy, it's a great experience

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Thanks Yes so am I 😂. Should have. Deleted post really. Worsner pass was Italy to Slovenia I think & really hard for our van. Geography is not my strong point!
No worries thanks for your input anyway will make sure we don't entertain Worsner pass :whew:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If you have motorcycle then why not do it on that? Unless you need to travel it in the Mh I find scenic roads are often seen better from a bike/scooter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
If you have motorcycle then why not do it on that? Unless you need to travel it in the Mh I find scenic roads are often seen better from a bike/scooter
Hi we plan to do that, but we need to get past the pass first in the MH as its our route to Croatia (y)

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We went over the Vrisc Pass last year. Not for the faint hearted but we really enjoyed it. The cobbled hairpin bends and sheep road invasion add to the experience!

The scenery really is spectacular, and don't forget to stop and visit the wooden Russian church. Very humbling.

PXL_20230912_134533555.jpg

PXL_20230912_134059951.jpg

PXL_20230912_140323648.jpg

PXL_20230912_132235991~2.jpg

PXL_20230912_133940793.jpg

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You will be fine, go for it, go early though 😉 We are 5t 7.5m and Comfortmatic, no problems at all.
Wurzenpass, road suface is shocking, vrsic pass is much better though on the Austrian side the hairpins are cobbles, not a problem in van but I’ve done umpteen trips up and down them on the bike, a bit spicy in the wet😁😁 Go over the top and the road gets better and the road down the soća valley is awesome👍👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
You will be fine, go for it, go early though 😉 We are 5t 7.5m and Comfortmatic, no problems at all.
Wurzenpass, road suface is shocking, vrsic pass is much better though on the Austrian side the hairpins are cobbles, not a problem in van but I’ve done umpteen trips up and down them on the bike, a bit spicy in the wet😁😁 Go over the top and the road gets better and the road down the soća valley is awesome👍👍

We went over the Vrisc Pass last year. Not for the faint hearted but we really enjoyed it. The cobbled hairpin bends and sheep road invasion add to the experience!

The scenery really is spectacular, and don't forget to stop and visit the wooden Russian church. Very humbling.

View attachment 895179
View attachment 895180
View attachment 895181
View attachment 895182
View attachment 895183
Great photos what time of day did you do the pass ? Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!