Woman MH drivers (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
coach Built
Exp
we are newbies
We had two occasions when Fiona was driving where I had to admire her self control.

One the isle of Harris Fiona was preparing to reverse as we had decided the single road we were on would not offer any wild camping. A local stopped to see if we were lost, nice friendly helpful chap but his first comment to me was "why wasn't I driving"

Then when we broke down I was up the road re-siting in warning triangle when the tow truck arrived.
So the drivers first question to Fiona was "did your husband say what had happened"
Fiona replied " He didn't, he wasn't driving"

So to all you MH drivers who are also female, whats your best scathing reply when people assume it has to be the man driving.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
Thanks Julie,
I get very sad when I read of ladies who will not tow/drive a large vehicle.

It is not like we're not capable .....

Years ago, before it become politically incorrect, women paid less for insurance because we had fewer accidents, which I interpret to mean we are careful and competent drivers. I know I won't change anyone's mind, certainly not my friend referred to above, and that is such a shame. My husband knows that some of the very best trips I have had in the caravan have been when I've gone away completely on my own and left him behind :D

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Friends have just changed fro a California to a coach built, she has been taken off the insurance, she rarely deove theVW and says she wont ever drive the one they have now. She is a very competent lady and a great driver, however her husband 'instructs' her all the time, funnily enough John says that is why I do most of the driving as I am a terrible passenger :oops:

Upvote 0

Julie and Charles

Free Member
Sep 6, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own a MH yet
Exp
15 years under canvas, 13 years in a caravan
I've always enjoyed driving.
My dad taught me how to tow when I was 18, he worked shifts so, this meant I'd get left a note to pick up the caravan on my way home from work, it also meant I would drive and tow the caravan so he could sleep in the car on his last night shift.
I went on to Fire and rescue appliances, off road driving clubs, and test drive things I like the look of, with no intention of purchase. I do them a favour by keeping things running::bigsmile:
The only thing I never did was, obtain my motorcycle licence, My only regret.

Julie

Upvote 0

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The only thing I never did was, obtain my motorcycle licence, My only regret.

Its never too late.

I did my coach test a couple of years ago, just because I always wanted to :)

I have no intention of driving one commercially as I couldn't deal with some of the type of people that use buses ;)

Get out there and have a go (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
May I say with a comical picture in my opinion
this is the difference between men and ladies