Wiring loom replacement (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Our Autocruise Starspirit 2005 is built on a Peugeot Boxer 2.8Hdi chassis. We had a phone call last night from our local garage who very apologetically told us, that while welding the beam under the engine, some of the insulation caught fire and destroyed some of the wiring loom. He has promised to repair it but cannot source a new one.

Can any Funsters recommend a source for this loom? We have been with this guy for years and I trust him completely.
Thanks.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Our Autocruise Starspirit 2005 is built on a Peugeot Boxer 2.8Hdi chassis. We had a phone call last night from our local garage who very apologetically told us, that while welding the beam under the engine, some of the insulation caught fire and destroyed some of the wiring loom. He has promised to repair it but cannot source a new one.

Can any Funsters recommend a source for this loom? We have been with this guy for years and I trust him completely.
Thanks.
Can he just get an auto electrician in the recreate it.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
No time for recriminations he has come clean, error yes but honest one it seems.
First port of call in John Reint Ducato spares NL. A breaker that has helped me out many times. VIN and description of the part, possibly the ABS harness however cannot be sure with the description given. If you have difficulty locating the website let me know

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Had to have the wiring room replaced in a Fiat Burstner in 2009 when 12 months old due to a dealer using scotchclips on it, it cost around ÂŁ3000.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A commercial vehicle dismantler would be my first thought, as a new old stock one is likely as rare as unicorn poo. Failing that cut out the melted section and repair one wire at a time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
At last we have the moho back. Our mechanic has sorted out all the burnt wiring and I haven't noticed anything failing.......yet.

He doesn't want to charge me for the welding work which caused the damage. I'll probably make a contribution as he is one of the most honest garages I have ever come across.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I sent alight to my Vauxhall VX490 in the seventies welding the chassis, managed to put it out but the inside was a mess and it stunk rotten took it down the breakers yard.:(

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
20 years ago, while working breakdown recovery, the dash wiring on the old Ford Hiab caught fire.
The truck was maybe late 70s so no chance of a new harness.
Boss set one of the recovery drivers on rewiring it
Eric, the driver, kept coming into the workshop to ask what colour we though such and such a wire was...
Turned out Eric was colour blind. :LOL:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
20 years ago, while working breakdown recovery, the dash wiring on the old Ford Hiab caught fire.
The truck was maybe late 70s so no chance of a new harness.
Boss set one of the recovery drivers on rewiring it
Eric, the driver, kept coming into the workshop to ask what colour we though such and such a wire was...
Turned out Eric was colour blind. :LOL:
Did he miss a lot of Traffic Lights then?. :giggle: ErRR? is the top one that`s Red or the bottom?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back