Winter meet in Essex - Waldegraves 23-25 November 2012 Mersea Island (3 Viewers)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I just spoke to Holly at Waldergraves about WIFI and was informed its £7 a day or £14 for 3 days.
There is Sky TV in the bar if anyone wants to watch Chelsea v Man City on sunday.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
1st night done and dusted nice putting faces to names here
steve and jane aka tibs got me rat arsed knowing full well i don't really drink but never mind still no hangover i wonder if jane has 1 :ROFLMAO:
and good moaning to you all

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Nice putting names to faces, great bunch of people here :thumb: case of Budweiser done, looking forward to tonights fancy dress:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:Cool:ROB&JANE:Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
1st lot of pics now uploaded to waldesgrave meet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
after an extremely windy night - almost felt like the motorhome was going to blow over:Eeek:- we are starting to pack up ready to leave after our Sunday lunch.
Nice to meet everyone especially the new members, hope you all make it to one of the meets when it's nice & sunny:Smile:

I have to say that I am astounded at the charge of £7 per day for internet here and wil definetly be firing off a letter to the manager when I get home. I cannot understand how these campsites think it's a good money spinner by charging so much for something that costs them so little! Apparently there are over 3000 vans on this site each week in the summer, if they charged only £1 per week they'd still be raking it in!
Internet is so much a part of everyones lives now it is almost a basic requirement!
I don't normally have a problem as my iphone gives me thethered internet but the signal on this site is rubbish (not only me but others as well).
Would rather go without for a few days than pay £7 per day:Angry:

Anyway rant over - safe journey home everyone.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
after an extremely windy night - almost felt like the motorhome was going to blow over:Eeek:- we are starting to pack up ready to leave after our Sunday lunch.
Nice to meet everyone especially the new members, hope you all make it to one of the meets when it's nice & sunny:Smile:

I have to say that I am astounded at the charge of £7 per day for internet here and wil definetly be firing off a letter to the manager when I get home. I cannot understand how these campsites think it's a good money spinner by charging so much for something that costs them so little! Apparently there are over 3000 vans on this site each week in the summer, if they charged only £1 per week they'd still be raking it in!
Internet is so much a part of everyones lives now it is almost a basic requirement!
I don't normally have a problem as [HI]my iphone gives me thethered internet but the signal on this site is rubbish (not only me but others as well).[/HI]
Would rather go without for a few days than pay £7 per day:Angry:

Anyway rant over - safe journey home everyone.:thumb:

Indeed, and I'm sure they know that ... but about half the cost of the CC prices which are:

£5 for 5 hours
£15 for 20 hours
£40 for 100 hour

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
We got a reasonably good signal on our iPad, we are on 3 network.I would not pay for wifi.Any way our first rally done, nice to meet so many funsters, what a friendly bunch we all are. Many thanks to Gail for getting us altogether, she is a very nice lady. Hope to attend other rallies in the Future many thanks.
Tony and Jen.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
back home now just getting ready for a sunday lunch this time not a liquid 1 lol
once again a massive thanks to gail and co for a great meet and we will certainly be attending another 1 asap
safe journey to you all
bill and linda

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Home safely now, had a good journey. Good to meet some of you as they say put faces to names.
Many thanks to Gail for all the hard work and organization.
Look forward to the next one.

Sally and Pete

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Just like to thank Gail and Tony, for once again a fantastic meet, it was good to put names to faces, so after FUNSTERS lunch its Bon Voyage to all our fellow funsters. Keep safe. :thumb:

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
Our thanks to Gail and Tony for an excellent weekend - pity the weather wasn't better!The venue was great and as this was our first meet with Funsters we are already looking forward to the next one.Nice to meet everyone, take care.
Colin & Liz

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Home safe & sound, thanks for a great meet Gail & Tony.
Not looking forwards to cleaning all the mud from the van tomorrow - inside & out:Eeek:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
A big thank you to Gail & Tony for organising what was a great weekend:thumb:
Good to meet loads of new Funsters, Roger & Sheila had us laughing all weekend, Jaws's clown bike wasn't mastered by anyone and Bills blow up doll never saw daylight:ROFLMAO: Hope everyone got home safely.:Smile:

:Cool:ROB&JANE:Cool:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Thank you to Gail and Tony for soldiering on in what was terrible weather at times. Well done :thumb:

We arrived home to a very soggy Yorkshire at half past four.
All unpacked now so just the clean up to start tomorrow (weather permitting).

Now I know some of your faces there is nowhere to hide.

Looking forward to the next one and hoping for better weather. ::bigsmile:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Hey what a great weekend ... the weather can't ever be so bad that it dampens funsters spirits can it ! We needed a tow to get us off the grass, but Paul was very quick and efficient and we soon got going then had a good journey home. All unpacked, just getting the house tidy ready for the people who are coming to view it at 08.30 tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed that they fall in love with it and buy it !

Anyway - back the the Meet and .... Gail and Tony you are amazing ! fantastic organisation thank you so so much...

and it was great to meet so many of you and start to get to know people !

Anna & Mark xx

Last edited:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
A massive thank you to Gail and Tony for organising such a great meet.
We laughed so much! :roflmto:and met some crazy lovely people.....:ROFLMAO:

It was our first but most definitely not our last!!!:thumb:

Apologies to Paul and Debbie for your name (you'll know what I mean)!!!:Doh:

Safe journey everyone

Steve and Jane

Nov 1, 2011
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
since August 2012
Just arrived home safely, back to beautiful Bury St Edmunds.

Nice to meet so many new friends over the weekend. Great fun despite the weather and special thanks to all of those who help get my Pilote motorhome off the grass!

Also, thanks to Gail & Tony for their hard work.

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Ah - the Quiz ! Can we have the answers please ? It was fun to do but somehow we forgot to see how well we did ...
anna & Mark

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just got home from waldergraves, nice to meet so many nice people still not sure of anyones namesbut thanks to gail and family for organising a great weekend where will i fiind the photos ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi there everyone, we got home just in time for the start of the GP and Dawn disappeared off to collect all the remaining dogs - now all at home.

A really big thanks to everyone for being........ Funsters..... and it was great to meet so many of you. Apologies for forgetting names.

Finally, a massive vote of thanks to Gail and Tony & co for the organisation of it all amidst some of the worst weather we have seen for a long time. Superb. Safe travels everyone:thumb:

P.S. Dawn says that the birthday cake was delicious - so much so that somehow my piece was taste tested as well:winky:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We too are safely home although the motorhome is absolutely filthy, inside and out.

A great weekend despite the weather. [STRIKE]Gale[/STRIKE] Gail decided she would organise her namesake to pay us a visit overnight.:winky:

Today's lunch was lovely, and a fitting end to the weekend (Tough luck to all those that missed it). :ROFLMAO:

Tony, Gail, aided and abetted by young Robert did us all proud. Well done and thank you.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Thanks Gail

Just arrived home safely, back to beautiful Bury St Edmunds.

Nice to meet so many new friends over the weekend. Great fun despite the weather and special thanks to all of those who help get my Pilote motorhome off the grass!

Also, thanks to Gail & Tony for their hard work.

Thanks indeed to Gail & Tony
Great weekend
could have done with a little less wind last night
still the Curry was good first
Best Wishes to All
Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Glad everyone got home safely, us that are left its a quiet less windy night.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back