Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Not had solar fitted yet, but plan to do soon. I was thinking however, that adding a panel or two to the roof might give rise to some wind noise when travelling. Those with solar, can you please advise if this is noticable and any guidance to reduce the wind noise if you can hear it, such as positioning of panels to reduce impact / use of spoiers / etc.. would be appeciated.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Not had solar fitted yet, but plan to do soon. I was thinking however, that adding a panel or two to the roof might give rise to some wind noise when travelling. Those with solar, can you please advise if this is noticable and any guidance to reduce the wind noise if you can hear it, such as positioning of panels to reduce impact / use of spoiers / etc.. would be appeciated.
I’ve had two Hymer A class vans both with two solar panels and the have been the quietest vans I’ve been in.😊
I should say at front of roof and still have second Hymer.😊👍

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have a panel cant say we notice any wind noise.

is it going to be any noisier than the items already sticking out of the roof?? roof lights any Ariel etc etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
No noise from ours although it is set back on the back half of the van.
We do get some noise from the front skylight sometimes.
After I removed the stupid Ducato roof rails the noise got less.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
No noise neither of our last two vans both with 2 panels. Latest also has Oyster satellite dish which is quite a lump but never hear anything.
I should also say that they don't make any noise in the wind at night when static.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back