Will Rap music get me through the crisis. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Sick of the gloom made worse by the number of solo male artists presently whingeing and moaning about the women in their lives who are dumping them. Hardly surprising as none of them are lookers. You know who you are ginger boy. Anyway this week I started playing an album I downloaded about a year ago called Astroworld by a rap artist called Travis Scott. I deleted about 5 songs as they were a bit too rappy. Left with 11 songs and 39 minutes of great music. What I'd call 'progressive rap'. Been playing it every day for a week and can't get the hooks out of my head.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sick of the gloom made worse by the number of solo male artists presently whingeing and moaning about the women in their lives who are dumping them. Hardly surprising as none of them are lookers. You know who you are ginger boy. Anyway this week I started playing an album I downloaded about a year ago called Astroworld by a rap artist called Travis Scott. I deleted about 5 songs as they were a bit too rappy. Left with 11 songs and 39 minutes of great music. What I'd call 'progressive rap'. Been playing it every day for a week and can't get the hooks out of my head.

How's about sharing some of them on ambulancekidd brilliant thread

It's been a while since we had a music thread.

Can someone post the link here please. TY.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I
How's about sharing some of them on ambulancekidd brilliant thread

It's been a while since we had a music thread.

Can someone post the link here please. TY.

Broken Link Removed
Interested in that thread but can't find it even when I go through ambulancekidd postings. Not everyone's cup of tea but after a few listens you can get into it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
can't get the hooks out of my head.

Oh dear
Sounds like some scary movie

DE991C00-F586-4E33-B7FA-4D0208CC80AB.jpeg

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
There is nothing that rap can’t make worse. I recommend Drive by Truckers for some proper music. Decent guitar and that there Southern sound.

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Ha Ha! You were all warned! As for the Drive By Truckers....great recent album but.....far too political for this forum!

Reactions: Jim
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Not too bad but not really rap thank goodness. Had leanings towards the Troutman Brothers (Zapp) but without the upbeat sound.

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Nope! Don't get on with over-produced electronic music.....and my cousin is the front man for this lot - I don't listen to it.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I'll throw this in...

How about Eminems 'darkness' off his latest album? Based around a sample from Simon and Garfunkels 'goodbye darkness my old friend' he echos the despair of people in the US regarding the upsurge in gun crime and in particular mass shootings.

He's spoke before about his own issues with mental health and this track is heavily putting these type of problems forward as a reason for so many shootings. Of course the S&G original was created through mental health so the whole thing comes together beautifully in my opinion.

I particularly love the way the song ends my merging in and out of news audio reporting the real life atrocities.

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I'll throw this in...

How about Eminems 'darkness' off his latest album? Based around a sample from Simon and Garfunkels 'goodbye darkness my old friend' he echos the despair of people in the US regarding the upsurge in gun crime and in particular mass shootings.

He's spoke before about his own issues with mental health and this track is heavily putting these type of problems forward as a reason for so many shootings. Of course the S&G original was created through mental health so the whole thing comes together beautifully in my opinion.

I particularly love the way the song ends my merging in and out of news audio reporting the real life atrocities.

I can listen to that. Good example of video working well with music to examine a real issue. Like I said many of our solo artists are just moaning about lost love. Never thought at my age I would be able to take to this type of music but like most music you have to be prepared to be open up to it and listen to it more than once.

J H

Funster
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No

This is the full performance of BTS at the Melon Asian Music Awards last year. The first song is Rap and the last song is an old fashioned spectacular, they threw everything into it. 5 songs in all. They always sing livee, no lip sync.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I have a very open mind for music. If I like it, I like it.
BUT one thing I have never liked is the Vocoder (electronic pitch matching effect on the microphone). Just tells me the singer is not actually a singer.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Can you believe it was 1982 when Fat Larry's band released this memorable hit, did they have any idea that 40 years from then we would still be listening to this great number. I know exactly where I was when I first heard this song.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back