Wild camping at Castellon Spain (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Hi Funsters, We are heading south to the sun next week and one of our favourite places to stay is the beach parking area at Castellon just up from the Aire which is usually full and way too cramped for our liking. Has anyone been to this area recently? We wondered if you can still park in the beach parking area? We've heard rumours that there's a new parking area by the aerodrome. Can anyone give an update on the camping situation in that area at the moment please?
Thanks!

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
There is indeed a new Aire right near the aerodrome and the toilet is opposite of the road,

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks Poutie57, That's great thanks! Can you give us a bit more detail please - does it have water and black waste disposal? Can you still park in the beach side carparks (between the original Aire by the planetarium/sports centre and the aerodrome)
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thanks Poutie57, That's great thanks! Can you give us a bit more detail please - does it have water and black waste disposal? Can you still park in the beach side carparks (between the original Aire by the planetarium/sports centre and the aerodrome)
Thanks
I was there last week, all services and free for 48 hours.

Mickey

Reactions: f6c
Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We were at Benicassim for 2wks and we went past it several times and quite a few motorhomes were there for the entire 2wks so I think at this time of the year they don't enforce the 48hr rule

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
We were at Benicassim for 2wks and we went past it several times and quite a few motorhomes were there for the entire 2wks so I think at this time of the year they don't enforce the 48hr rule
I’m talking about the one on the beach.

Mickey

BKen

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Rojales Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
Here are a few comments with dates on the so called Aire next to the Aerodrome (translated with google so use your imagination ).....there is another air down near the planaterium with all the facilities at 39.980000° 0.022780°..Im a bit confused which one is which from the above comments

Comments :-
22/11/2017

de_DE.gif

I would like to say that this is not a camperplace, but a parking lot. Here, the free standing is currently tolerated NOCH. However, if I look at the behavior of the users, a ban will not be long in coming. Chairs in front of the WoMo? The beach is not 50m far. V / E to drinking fountains? Free V / E on official space at

2Km.

19/11/2017

nl_NL.gif

Unfortunately, this stellar place will be closed by stubbornly ignoring the rules. I noticed: was outside, tables and chairs on the street, satellite dishes, etc. etc. Warning Police Local. Just pick up your middle finger. Incomprehensible.

30/10/2017

en_GB.gif

A great place for PARKING overnight. This is not a campsite!!! To those who are already treating it as such ( awnings out, sitting in front of vehicles and hanging washing out), it is only a matter of time before local police move us on - same as happened last year further down the road. Please treat as parking place - not a campsite?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There seems to be so many flauting this rules and not caring a jot about the consequences and i don't know why they think the rules shouldn't apply to them. And i am including English campers!

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I find it difficult to understand the behaviour of some people....they simply ignore the rules and treat local peolpe, places and the police with contempt. What is the matter with these people....have they never learned respect for others... a sad, sad, world.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Stayed near the airport earlier on this year and drove to aire every few days to empty and fill.
Large hardstanding parking area. Beach right opposite. No one was abusing the area.
Screenshot_20171126-193133.png

Reactions: JJ
May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are now the owners of Theonlysue van and its back in Benicassim for a few weeks.Just up the road from the parking area at Camping Tauro.Cycle passed it three times and for some reason never saw a brit van.Looks a nice spot .

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We think the van is great.Its looking after us well.After Lunar and Autotrail vans this Hymer is something special to us.Glenda tells me to stop playing with the levellers and electric blind.Blind goes down ,blind goes up ! Big kid at heart.
This 15 year Travelworld warranty says all claims through Theonlysue,is that correct.

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Jock & Rita
We are the Hymer Starline pitch 62.We may already have met.Thinking you are the Scottish guy in kilt at the burns night who joined the Ministery of Funny Walks on your way back to van.

Gary & Glenda

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock & Rita
We are the Hymer Starline pitch 62.We may already have met.Thinking you are the Scottish guy in kilt at the burns night who joined the Ministery of Funny Walks on your way back to van.

Gary & Glenda
Sorry Gary & Glenda, that was not me, but an imposter from the C&CC Rally crowd. :rofl:

Nice to talk to you this morning. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hope to head that way in a few weeks, any idea when the rally finishes please Jock ?
Has the site tidied up more than last year ?
Barrie

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hope to head that way in a few weeks, any idea when the rally finishes please Jock ?
Has the site tidied up more than last year ?
Barrie
Not sure about the rally dates Barrie, as I'm not on it, however, I have just found this. ;)
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/european/spain/costadelazahar/tauro

The site has been really tidied up since we were last here in late September, with all the Spanish vans in storage until March. 1 x new toilet block in the middle, with the other two to follow over time. (y)

Back on topic. ;) When we cycled through the Castellon Aire last week, there was only one Brit MH there, but all along the back fence adjoining the airfield, were Germans, Dutch, and French.....................many of whom had their washing hung out for all and sundry to see, as well as other clear signs of camping, rather than parking. :(

Cheers,

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Thanks both, sounds promising but maybe a price hike in line with the other 2 next year ?
Barrie

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi Jock and. Rita. We stayed next to you the other night and it was good to meet you both.

Ref the aerodrome aire, we had s night there and it was OK. Some road noise but not too bad. The long stayers are definitely taking the piss though.

I saw one m/h with a water bottle full of? Pee outside and another with 10+ 8lts of water outside is van.

Surely these places should be used for a couple of days layover before moving on?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock and. Rita. We stayed next to you the other night and it was good to meet you both.
Hi Deanobeano. :)
Yes, it was good to meet you both too. (y) I'm just sorry that we couldn't find a spare Funster sticker for your windscreen. :( ( @Jim, could you accommodate @Deanobeano when you've got a moment please? (y) )

You are right about them taking the urine at the Castellon Aire. Safe travels north, and have a good crossing on the BoB. (y)

Love your avatar @JockandRita (y)
Thanks Sandra. :) It's one we've been using for many years now (on the other side as well). We did give up smoking in bed, but as several folks liked it, we were encouraged to take up smoking again..................but only virtually. :LOL:

Re the Castellon Aire, we'll be passing on the bus to Grau tomorrow, so will have a look out for the pi@@ takers.

Cheers,

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Stayed near the airport earlier on this year and drove to aire every few days to empty and fill.
Large hardstanding parking area. Beach right opposite. No one was abusing the area.
View attachment 198859
I'm on that one just now I pulled in last night , around 30 vans here. I did see a few with chairs out but nothing else as yet.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Ref the aerodrome aire, we had s night there and it was OK. Some road noise but not too bad. The long stayers are definitely taking the piss though.

I saw one m/h with a water bottle full of? Pee outside and another with 10+ 8lts of water outside is van.

Surely these places should be used for a couple of days layover before moving on?
I think the van with the 10 x 8 litre bottles is still here parked behind me ..his parking is kinda rubbish too lol.

20180201_083448.jpg

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
That's the one! He had chairs and a washing line out when we were there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back