Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Hi campers,

I am in my second years membership and not sure how to put this and will take all the flack thrown back at me.First of all i find the site and members Great with lots to see and talk about but with one problem ie the windscreen sticker colour yellow and i do understand product placement and logo design,corporate image etc as i come from a printing design background and you can all be seen from some distance.
I was wondering if i could use a more toned down happy face logo on the windscreen in black and white or with a lighter tint of yellow maybe. Off to put my tin hat on.:whistle::whistle::D:D:eek:

Regards John.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Think you are going to need a bomb proof shelter

Yellow does stick out a bit which is why we don't have one. We have even removed the big ' W ' as well ..

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We wear our BRIGHT YELLOW stickers with pride, encouraging other motorhomers who perhaps have never heard of MotorhomeFun (yes there are a few about!), and to be able to identify other Funsters.
What's the point of a sticker if it can't be seen? :Grin:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.

Hi campers,

I am in my second years membership and not sure how to put this and will take all the flack thrown back at me.First of all i find the site and members Great with lots to see and talk about but with one problem ie the windscreen sticker colour yellow and i do understand product placement and logo design,corporate image etc as i come from a printing design background and you can all be seen from some distance.
I was wondering if i could use a more toned down happy face logo on the windscreen in black and white or with a lighter tint of yellow maybe. Off to put my tin hat on.:whistle::whistle::D:D:eek:

Regards John.
Hi.John.
Now then. We have yet to see a MHF sticker anywhere,and while travelling about wherever."IF?" any one repsponds to " All right?",and then asked about MHF.they usually say."Motor home Fun?...Whats that ?"
Could it be that when i yawp "all right?" at them,they cannot see the shy retiring person hidden beneath the worn pale blue overalls and cut down wellies?
So don't worry what colour your sticker is/turns to,some people use the old army trick with NCO's stripes.... Stick them/the sticker on with Velcrow,so when you get demoted/Meet an "Odd" Funster,you can whip it off quick.....and say. "Motor Home Fun? Whats that?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We recently met bigal on a site the only reason was the funster sticker in his back window, so we got talking.

As most seem to know people on sites don't seem to want to converse with others, the art of conversation is disappearing :(

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi campers,

Regards John.

Here comes Jim with your answer

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I have two stickers on my windscreen, one in each top corner. They have been on there for nearly fours years, I have travelled all over France Spain Portugal and stopped on many campsites in the uk and not once has someone said anything about the stickers.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
  • I have two stickers on my windscreen, one in each top corner. They have been on there for nearly fours years, I have travelled all over France Spain Portugal and stopped on many campsites in the uk and not once has someone said anything about the stickers.
    Me as well one on the front one on the back, and if you ask anyone if they get on the mhfun forum they just look at you blank and say no dont do internet as they sit there with a laptop in front of them.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't suppose for one minute that Jim gives a monkey what colour the stickers are ... in fact sorry I didn't think about it ... one in silver and blue would look much nicer on my window .....

Still a talking point and still got the club name on ... not a big bruv club yet. :)

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
We wear our MHF Sticker with pride, weve been members for 2 years and never met another member on our travels :(

I am waiting with open arms to chat to another funster when the opportunity arrises :LOL:

We were at Honfluer couple of weeks ago @Wendo55 was there with massive name tag and sticker on side window, dont think she was in when we was walking through the Aires so didnt get to say high.

Hoping to meet some/any funsters at the NEC end of the month. (y)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
smiley-150548_960_720.png

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We wear our MHF Sticker with pride, weve been members for 2 years and never met another member on our travels :(

I am waiting with open arms to chat to another funster when the opportunity arrises :LOL:

We were at Honfluer couple of weeks ago @Wendo55 was there with massive name tag and sticker on side window, dont think she was in when we was walking through the Aires so didnt get to say high.

Hoping to meet some/any funsters at the NEC end of the month. (y)
Sorry I didn't see you. I leave my stickers in all the time.
Even got one in my car!
Always ready for a chat!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
hi.

Sorry I didn't see you. I leave my stickers in all the time.
Even got one in my car!
Always ready for a chat!
Hi
Sitting here with my "Fun" head on. Picture the scene,Jennifer and i on a site/aire in the middle of France,i stand up and say. "That looks like Wendy over there,i am just off for a chat.....":unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag (Wakes up to the sound of sirens en route to A+E AGAIN! DOH!)(n)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I don't suppose Jim would mind if you changed the colour.

Doctor Dave.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
hi.

Hi
Sitting here with my "Fun" head on.
What ... you've got a 'Fun' head ... where can I get one (a large size for hubby!)?

OP
OP
snowbirds
Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Well i expect i asked for it, thanks for all the reply's.I have decided to travel incognito when we head for Europe on Thursday so look out folks i may come a Knocking so have the wine on cool or i will bring my own.:HelloThere:
j300.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back