Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have been trying to figure out which aires book is best, and reckon it's between
Guide National Aires Camping Cars
or
Le Guide Officiel Aires Camping Car

They're both in french which isn't an issue, but one seems to have more info, whilst the other is apparently easier to use.

Anyone experience of either? Which should we get?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have experience of the latter - it's virtually useless, it will show no aire whatsoever in a place where we've been and know there is one or even 2. It's far too busy telling you all about the commercial campsites IMHO. I mean if I want a campsites book, then I'd buy one of them.

I've seen other people using the Guide National and I think it does look a lot better. In fact, I thought that was what we were buying when we bought the other one!

We also have the Vicarious 'All the Aires' which is good - except it is by no means all the aires LOL

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We use a combination of Guide Oficiel (2007 ed), Camperstop Europe (2007 ed) and CC Infos which I have installed on the laptop and have POIs in the Garmin. They all have accurate and less accurate information in them. Of the three, we probably rely most on CC Infos which seems to be the most accurate. We have just bought the German Reisemobil guide to stellplatz, which comprises two volumes: one for Germany and one for the rest of Europe, so there are several French aires in that too. It's no substitute for the French national sources though.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Philip

p.s. we must get some updated copies of the books one day

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We use Vicarious' All (Some lol)The Aires in combination with POI's on my Mio from CC Info. OK in 5 weeks we found that 3 Aires had closed,or rather,had been re-located-but it was no big deal.France Passion also provided a pleasant change from time to time.

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back