Where are all the Funsters? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Been in France for almost a month and are now at Cite Europe before home tomorrow.
Every time I've seen a Brit van on a site or Aire I have looked for Fun stickers.
Not a single one! :(

Where is everyone?

Richard.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We toured for 6 weeks in France, Switzerland and Italy and never saw one. However, I did suggest to Chris, when we were at Arques to join and within a day she had so I suppose I met a future member. She's a single last motorhomer doing 6 weeks in France but she wouldn't have a sticker
She's @ChrisBFJ.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Whilst we Funsters think everybody knows about the forum, the truth is the vast majority of Blighty motorhomers don't.

Indeed there are huge gangs of Brit motorhomers who don't even use the internet.

In the grand scale of things, we Funsters form an elite group of informed, intellectual and good looking folk.

I have very rarely come across other members by chance in 8 years...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
In the grand scale of things, we Funsters form an elite group of informed, intellectual and good looking folk.
download (2)_1.jpg

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just the one or two exceptions?
download (1)_4.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you just go by stickers and ones you have met, funsters are probably about 2% of motorhomers in the U.K.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
(y)(y)
Whilst we Funsters think everybody knows about the forum, the truth is the vast majority of Blighty motorhomers don't.

Indeed there are huge gangs of Brit motorhomers who don't even use the internet.

I have very rarely come across other members by chance in 8 years...

JJ :cool:
Seem to know all about Funsters here at Jasmin Camping!

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Been in France a week and only seen about three GB motorhomes on sites ...yesterday the old grandma driver (Giles family) looked the other way when I greeted her..another GB couple also couldn't be bothered to respond .
20170702_164704.jpg
.at least the French are very polite and chatty about where we are going ...cheer up you Brita you are on holiday ..as I am typing at least a French butterfly has dropped in (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Unless we've been on a funsters rally , we've only ever seen a mhf smiley sticker once , on our travels. We've been members coming up 8 years !

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're into week 6 of your tour around France and we've hardly seen a sign of a 'Blighty Bus' in the time we've been here.
Currently just east of the Ile, d'Noirmoutier at the back of someones house. Very pleasant.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Well i'm sat in the CCC Laundry in Scarborough.... :(

IMG_4035.JPG

But needs must....

Might make it over the water after October (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Having just spent almost three months touring around France and Spain we have seen two stickers. Spoke to both of the owners.

It is still surprising though that we see so few stickers around.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been in France a week and only seen about three GB motorhomes on sites ...yesterday the old grandma driver (Giles family) looked the other way when I greeted her..another GB couple also couldn't be bothered to respond .View attachment 171719 .at least the French are very polite and chatty about where we are going ...cheer up you Brita you are on holiday ..as I am typing at least a French butterfly has dropped in (y)
This is absolutely what we find , I commented on it last week but was shot down as it being me, but we always say the same , we were on honflur last week and there was maybe 10 or a dozen Brit vans , I walked round and spoke to all that were sitting outside and barely got a grunt off any of them and none came to speak to us, mind, I am not talking funsters here as none of them had stickers on, we find the Dutch the most friendly and Belgians and French next, then it's a toss up between Brits and Germans who are the worst.

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Unless we've been on a funsters rally , we've only ever seen a mhf smiley sticker once , on our travels. We've been members coming up 8 years !
You didn't have a sticker on, but we still said hello to you in Moffat,
( I know the pair of you were eating again, but it still counts).:spam:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
So, as Caspar 46 asked, where do you get the stickers? I'd put one on if I had one.
Saw a few Brit vans in Italy and Greece and all were friendly.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We see many Funsters in Totana but we have also seen quite a few whilst travelling. None here at Krakow though.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just back from three weeks in France, mainly in the Alsace. Hardly saw a British van but of the ones we did see no Funsters, though everyone spoke and we enjoyed a drink with one couple on their way back from Croatia. Mainly Dutch, German, Belgian and Spanish.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I thought it was me who was being ignored on Sites and Aires,these posts have cheered me up.
I will start waving to other English m/ho's in transit (He Lied) when people speak/grunt or nod at me when i say hello while parked up. Funny thing is,the people who strike up a conversation,nod hello to me,speak a foreign language and when we do get an interpreter,most of them come from................ Birmingham or Newcastle:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag..Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think we worked it out a little while ago, comparing all the Funster window stickers ever printed and given away, to the total number of registered motorhomes in the UK, then statistically every 98th van should be a Funster (y)

One day Rodney, they'll all have a fun sticker :D

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Only seen a couple of funsters by accident on the road in 4 years.
Just had a month thru France and only spotted about a dozen brit vans. Caught their eye when poss but not much chat so ready for an english conversation (other than the wife)!!!

At Cite Europe tomorrow. Canterbury tuesday.
Say hi if anyone spots us. We are hard to miss!

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Keep meaning to send a sae to Jim for a sticker but never do:rolleyes:

To be perfectly honest when starting out a while back looking for information etc I googled motorhome/camper van etc Motorhomefun came up in the search ;)

But I really thought it was a swingers site :LOL::D2 sorry I know it's just my dirty mind but every time I think about a sae I end up chuckling :LOL:

Promise I'll post off this week

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We spent a couple of weeks in France during the first two weeks of June and met only one fellow funster on our second night; @Kim H (y) However, that is the first funster I've ever met since joining last June; family members excluded;)

Other than that, we met one other fellow friendly Brit at Oradour-sur-Glane, other Brits seen on our travels just managed a smile and a hello.

We found the French most friendly, just a shame I was stumped after saying hello:whistle:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Keep meaning to send a sae to Jim for a sticker but never do:rolleyes:

To be perfectly honest when starting out a while back looking for information etc I googled motorhome/camper van etc Motorhomefun came up in the search ;)

But I really thought it was a swingers site :LOL::D2 sorry I know it's just my dirty mind but every time I think about a sae I end up chuckling :LOL:

Promise I'll post off this week
I still live in hope
images_1.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think we worked it out a little while ago, comparing all the Funster window stickers ever printed and given away, to the total number of registered motorhomes in the UK, then statistically every 98th van should be a Funster (y)

One day Rodney, they'll all have a fun sticker :D
Wasn't far off with my 2% then(y):)

Reactions: Jim

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
We've not yet met or passed a Funster on the road yet, UK or on the continent .. :(

We are always on the look out for our fellow members.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back