When you got to go you got to go (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
........................ at least in parks there are spacific bins to deposit the waste..........................................

WOW - that says it all - so, you think it's OK to take your dog to dump in the park! That's exactly my point. Owning a dog does not give anyone the right to blatantly deposit dog turds in places like parks.
Train the dogs to do their business in their own gardens - problem and disgusting conduct, solved.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Ok Bartiny to answer a few quiries you have, first of all a dog is an animal not a human, if a child is going to be sick some give warnings other don't. Why the huge RV, simply because that was the type of vehicle that sparked the abuse, I have nothing against RV owners. Define verbal abuse, well it started with "that's discusting" as I was clearing it up and whilst trying to apologise for my dogs actions they started swearing at us, I did not retaliate just used humour, I think they took more offence to that! but as for dragging the dog away bit, as stated in my first thread the dog was desperate and he was doing his business within seconds, I hate to think of the mess if I had pulled him away half way through, it was as I was collecting the deposit the verbals started and it esculated because they were not prepared to accept my apology.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
GeriatricWanderer.... In an ideal world your your desire might be valid but I not in todays world. What about those dog owners that are not fortunate enough to own a garden, are you saying they should not be allowed to own a dog.....probably best not answer that because that would be baiting the fire!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
GeriatricWanderer.... In an ideal world your your desire might be valid but I not in todays world. What about those dog owners that are not fortunate enough to own a garden, are you saying they should not be allowed to own a dog.....probably best not answer that because that would be baiting the fire!!

Keeping a dog is not compulsory and anyone planning to take one on, or any other pet, should first consider the animal's needs and whether or not they have the facilities to cater for a pet.
If they really don't have adequate facilities but still go ahead and take on the pet then, as I said earlier, they will just have to put up with flak from the likes of me, an animal lover but one who will continue to harrass dog keepers who think it's pertfectly acceptable to dump turds in my space.

I think this old chestnut has run it's course in this thread so I'll now just go for a stroll on the beach, without a dog. :)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Im sorry I would not be very happy if your dog did its business on my pitch or any other pitch on a site I have seen dog owners just open the door and let there dogs out in the morning and if your dog can't make it to the dog walk maybe you could take it out more often.

Even had a dog pee up against my wheels while the owner just watched and said sorry hes just marking his territory .

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Arse sniffing $hit machines, so why anyone would want one other than as a working animal escapes me!:confused:

Mind you, there has been a few funnies on this thread, so not all bad:LOL:

When I see a dog licking their owners face and even worse the owner kissing it, I feel quite ill. It's not as though they don't know where that tongue has been, for gods sake!:eek:
How some of these people don't die of some noxious disease escapes me, but then maybe they do!:D

:cooler:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a thought..
Dog ownership is hardly new.. The poo bag thing is though..
I am left wondering what happened to the millions of tonnes of excrement deposited BEFORE everyone started picking it up ?

I know where some of it went.. On my shoe(s) and then door mat ! LOL !!!

While there are always plenty of owners out there who do not clean up, the poo bag carriers are def on the increase and to be balanced, it is now a rare thing for us to see someone not doing the biz with the dogs biz :)

As many know we have re-entered the world of owning one of the bloody four legged crap machines after 9 years without, and yes, there has been one very embarrassing incident when Dillon decided he was gonna 'go' right outside a really nice eatery in Cardiff.. Mo cleaned up as best she could but in the end had to pop in and ask for a bucket of water.. Folk in there were most kind and understanding and did the cleanup them selves..

I think as long as folk play the game and make the effort, ( and can be seen to make the effort ) they should not be berated

There seems to be far too little give and take in today's society .. and far too much 'me and mine'

A somewhat off the wall thought...........

We ( of a certain age ) often point at youngsters who insist on £200 trainers or the latest fone etc, but is that not merely 'attitude' picked up from older members of society, which actually has its roots based in intolerance and the 'me' attitude ?

Deleted User
Eem u
WOW - that says it all - so, you think it's OK to take your dog to dump in the park! That's exactly my point. Owning a dog does not give anyone the right to blatantly deposit dog turds in places like parks.
Train the dogs to do their business in their own gardens - problem and disgusting conduct, solved.
Erm it does parks are for all unless specifically banned for say dogs, the bins are provided for the specific purpose of bag and bin, dog owners use the parks every day come rain or shine, they bring income to the cafés,in said parks when the sun isn't shining, by default if you're away,in the MH you have, no garden, not all owners but the intelligent members of society look after their dogs, worming, annual jabs etc. Unlike the wild animals that run free in parks, rats carry weels, badgers carrying tb, birds, geese, mice, voles ferrel cats, all carrying who knows what, yet we all seem to remain fit and healthy:)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
An interesting thread - it always surprises me how many people despise dogs. My old dad always said 'Never trust a person that doesn't like animals' and I am pretty certain he included dogs in that category. Years ago dogs were just dogs - part of everyday normal human existence as they have been for thousands and thousands of years.

Still - Looking forward to getting over to the continent soon :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
...Still - Looking forward to getting over to the continent soon :)
Come here to France, home of merdes de chien. I have seen a couple of places with bins for dog poo and one even had bag dispensers, but they are very rare. I should have photographed them!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
We have this what used to be a rather pleasant walk along an old railway track, with a Dog $hit bin at either end.:)
The walk is about half a mile.(y)
The trees and shrubs along the way are now all hung with a new hanging fruit!!!
Plastic bags with Dog $hit in them!o_O
For F****s sake! They would be better leaving the $hit on the ground at least then it would degrade naturally!:mad:
So the plastic bags will hang from the branches forever or until some poor sod from the council has to go in there to cut them down!:(

Don't tell me it's the minority! I reckon every bloody dog in town has it's DNA hanging from the branches!:swear2:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Come here to France, home of merdes de chien. I have seen a couple of places with bins for dog poo and one even had bag dispensers, but they are very rare. I should have photographed them!
We have seen many of the dog bins and plastic bag dispensers, not sure but I think St George de diddonne, Royan, Saintes and maybe Palmyre a fine idea

Reactions: DBK
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It's not the dogs, they know no better - it's their keepers - they should know better but they're too arrogant to accept they are in the wrong.
Sorry Geriatric but arrogant we are not you seem to be tarring us all with the same brush I am afraid there are to many like yourself who are not prepared to give a little instead of stirring everyone up try having a little common sense not all dog owners are irresponsible it's probably the minority that gives us all a bad name.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Arse sniffing $hit machines, so why anyone would want one other than as a working animal escapes me!:confused:

Mind you, there has been a few funnies on this thread, so not all bad:LOL:

When I see a dog licking their owners face and even worse the owner kissing it, I feel quite ill. It's not as though they don't know where that tongue has been, for gods sake!:eek:
How some of these people don't die of some noxious disease escapes me, but then maybe they do!:D

This is my opinion on this as well, but was avoiding any more arguments, had dogs all my life but never had one that shit anywhere but my own land and just don't see why anyone who hasn't got their own land keeping a dog, and as to taking one on holiday , beyond me(n):(

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
What about guide dogs aren't those people allowed to take holidays?

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Sorry Geriatric but arrogant we are not you seem to be tarring us all with the same brush I am afraid there are to many like yourself who are not prepared to give a little instead of stirring everyone up try having a little common sense not all dog owners are irresponsible it's probably the minority that gives us all a bad name.

Please refer to the opening line on my first post here:

"Just a passing observation from a non dog owning animal lover and based on what I see happening in my locality in the UK."

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
This is my opinion on this as well, but was avoiding any more arguments, had dogs all my life but never had one that shit anywhere but my own land and just don't see why anyone who hasn't got their own land keeping a dog, and as to taking one on holiday , beyond me(n):(
Was that meant as a serious comment?

It was a question after Chasers post.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
In a similar vein.
Touring North of Scotland coast at the moment. Each beach is wonderfully unique: except for one common feature - nicely knotted black bags of dog shit. (Every beach so far)
What's that all about?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
At the end of the day there will always be the lazy b****rs that can't be bothered to take it home and put it in the bin and they make it bad for everyone I despise them as much as the next person.All I can say is we always clean up after ours and try to avoid offending others we do realise there are those that don't like dogs. Please don't condem those that care and love their dogs and respect others views because of those people

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
In a similar vein.
Touring North of Scotland coast at the moment. Each beach is wonderfully unique: except for one common feature - nicely knotted black bags of dog shit. (Every beach so far)
What's that all about?

Like I said, but around here it grows on trees!!!:eek:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Never mind my dog crapping on your pitch (which I'll clear up), what about the kids that always choose my motorhome to kick there ball towards? :Eeek:
Why don't horse riders clear up their horse's profiteroles? :reel:
C'mon everyone, we can all find fault with something...............................
Now deep breaths and relax :beerchug:

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I have sat my doggies down and told them not to poo in fields any more, instead I am training them to Sit on the toilet, I can hold them up but they keep weeing in my face!!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Dog Tom tits on a pitch a few words are exchanged..

Subject discussed here World war three breaks out........................................

Wait while I find a large packet of chill pills.......

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

Just to add to that, I've had dogs that won't mess in their own garden, providing I'm prepared to clear up after the dog i have no issue with him doing his business on a grass verge, in a field or in a playing field, I've never read so much nonsense as some of the posts on here

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The argument is not what to do with it responsible owners pick it up and dispose of it properly and I take exception to your totally inappropriate comments.
No the trouble with the Sites is not the dogs it is the whole concept of this is mine and keep off, do not smile, do not nothing, And get relieved of a load of wonga to get mixed in with them.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I own an area of woodland, The locals all use it for dogwalking, no problem except with those that pick it up in bags then hang it off a bush or tree. If they Stick and flick I would be happier. Just keep it off the walkways and paths. The badgers are OK they use latrines.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back