When you got to go you got to go (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I hate caravan Sites for this very reason Total pr***s use them I would rather stop in a Layby than some sites at least the lorry driver know what to do with excreta!!!!.
The argument is not what to do with it responsible owners pick it up and dispose of it properly and I take exception to your totally inappropriate comments.

Deleted User
I hate caravan Sites for this very reason Total pr***s use them I would rather stop in a Layby than some sites at least the lorry driver know what to do with excreta!!!!.

I resemble that remark:)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
My pitch ... your pitch ..... his pitch .... her pitch ????? It is owned by the site owner, rented by me, then you, then another, many before, many after ..... dogs, cats, mice and rats, men and women have all peed and possibly pooed there before. we were dog owners, sadly both gone now ... we always carried bags to clean up jobbies .... found pee to be rather more of a challenge but really ..... why travel around in motor homes/caravans/tents .... whatever if we are going to be SO possessive of a small patch of land this is not ours in the first place ... chill ... say hello ... make friends ..... is this not one of the main reasons for what we do ????
If everyone was like you, we would go on sites instead of wild camping! brilliant post, and we only got our motorhome 2 days ago.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have this vision of us sitting outside in the Sun (we live in France) eating our main meal and people just walking through our pitch past us and or someone's dog doing what it has to! Cannot be right IMHO,

Could be worse .

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Oops I seem to be starting a war with this post, seems it is not the dogs that are the problem but the owners for taking their lovely pets away with them but as stated on some of the posts one of the main draws to motor-homing is that you can take your pets with you, they are part of the family after all but we have to share the space provided for our chosen leasure activity and try to get on with each other, I mean our poor dogs are taking a battering here and I haven't even started on kids yet!!!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'm "between dogs" at the moment and can see both sides of this er "debate"

There's lots of reasons why people don't like our doggies from pooping on their pitches. Personally in my experience there have been times whereby you pick up the mess, but there's nearly always the "after mess skids" that you can't remove. I can understand how people can get upset at this. After all, no one wants anything even remotely like doggy poop in their motorhomes, nor do they want or like the smell or want it on their kids shoes, footballs or anything else to that matter. It's filthy, disgusting and very unhealthy for our children!!

If we're responsible owners, then our pets shouldn't even be near another pitch to poop on. Aren't pets meant to always be on a lead when on a site. Surely we can control them then? Walk them around your own pitch and let them poop there. You can then walk them as far as you like without anyone else having to witness our mutts passing poop :)

Also, the one that gets both SWMBO and myself angry, is those that simply pick up the mess and hang the sacks on a bush or a low tree branch, presumably waiting for the puppy poop fairies to collect it. Sure, they may be going to collect it on the "way back" but why should everyone else have to see the puppy poop swinging in the wind, usually at eye level!!! Us doggy owners and lovers should take far more care and responsibility. Please don't ever let your puppy poop on the fringes of any pitches I've rented, they're far too expensive to have to share with someone else's dog and what comes out of it's butt :lipssealed:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have had dogs, and cats, and would not wish any harm to any animal. Nowadays though, dogs annoy me.
I don't want them near me, I don't want them jumping up, shagging my leg, wiping their paws on my clean trousers, $hitting on my pitch or garden or driveway or pavement, sniffing my crotch, licking my face, jumping on my knee and their owners, whilst laughing, saying stupid remarks like 'he's only saying hello',................F**k off!..............

Craig

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014

There's lots of reasons why people don't like our doggies from pooping on their pitches. Personally in my experience there have been times whereby you pick up the mess, but there's nearly always the "after mess skids" that you can't remove. I can understand how people can get upset at this. After all, no one wants anything even remotely like doggy poop in their motorhomes, nor do they want or like the smell or want it on their kids shoes, footballs or anything else to that matter. It's filthy, disgusting and very unhealthy for our children!!

If we're responsible owners, then our pets shouldn't even be near another pitch to poop on. Aren't pets meant to always be on a lead when on a site. Surely we can control them then? Walk them around your own pitch and let them poop there. You can then walk them as far as you like without anyone else having to witness our mutts passing poop :)

Absolutely spot on, we are dog owners but I would be pretty angry as a none dog owner if someone elses dog crapped on the pitch we had occupied, no matter how much you try, if a dog craps on grass you can never clean all of it up. Just dont take the dog near anyone elses pitch, or as you say keep it on your own until its done its business

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
MYtwo dogs are potty trained they have a bell and ring it when they wont to go,i am also thinking of showing them how to text , also thinking of putting their food in a bag so when they sh't it wrapped when it comes out they are dogs that's what they do lol still lol

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I have had dogs, and cats, and would not wish any harm to any animal. Nowadays though, dogs annoy me.
I don't want them near me, I don't want them jumping up, shagging my leg, wiping their paws on my clean trousers, $hitting on my pitch or garden or driveway or pavement, sniffing my crotch, licking my face, jumping on my knee and their owners, whilst laughing, saying stupid remarks like 'he's only saying hello',................F**k off!..............

Craig
I'm with you 110%!!! I find some dog lovers are like some parents. They all expect you to love their dogs or kids, irrespective of behaviour!!!

We defo have a responsibility to keep control of our dogs.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Breed of dog as well our border collie does poos so solid they could be mistaken for a shish kebab and leave no stains on grass! our staffy has the opposite problem , we love them both . I look after 8000 pigs that just hump and s**t but wouldn't take them on holiday in our motorhome.:ROFLMAO:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
MYtwo dogs are potty trained they have a bell and ring it when they wont to go,i am also thinking of showing them how to text , also thinking of putting their food in a bag so when they sh't it wrapped when it comes out they are dogs that's what they do lol still lol
I apologise in advance if this upsets, but this is exactly the attitude that possibly gives us doggy lovers a bad name.

I've had lots of dogs, but none as clever as yours appear to be. They do and always did however, poop where I took them. That's why we walk them. Both for exercise and to poop. But I never took them on or near another campers pitch. We should aim to control where that happens and certainly not a fellow campers pitch. Send me your doggys mobile numbers and I'll message them directly, with advice on where to go and not to go poopies

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

Also, the one that gets both SWMBO and myself angry, is those that simply pick up the mess and hang the sacks on a bush or a low tree branch, presumably waiting for the puppy poop fairies to collect it. Sure, they may be going to collect it on the "way back" but why should everyone else have to see the puppy poop swinging in the wind, usually at eye level!!! Us doggy owners and lovers should take far more care and responsibility. Please don't ever let your puppy poop on the fringes of any pitches I've rented, they're far too expensive to have to share with someone else's dog and what comes out of it's butt :lipssealed:

But if you let them go on your own pitch, that pitch shortly becomes someone else's....

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Poor little doggy, when you gotta go, you gotta go! We would have made sure you had sufficient poo bags, and probably checked that your pooch was OK. But then, we are dog mad, and you probably would not have made it to the doggy area for some time until we'd finished making a fuss of said doggy!
Doesn't matter who's in the right, your dog had to go, end of. As long as you cleaned up, no problem!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Given half a chance one of our dogs actually tries to 'dispose' of her own deposits herself (I'm sure I don't need to explain how!) ... she hasn't quite got the idea of what recycling actually means and that it doesn't apply to everything! o_O

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Given half a chance one of our dogs actually tries to 'dispose' of her own deposits herself (I'm sure I don't need to explain how!) ... she hasn't quite got the idea of what recycling actually means and that it doesn't apply to everything! o_O
Yes, our last dog was a lab! We trained her not to do it, but you could tell she still wanted to, the look of disapproval when I picked it up in a bag!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, our last dog was a lab! We trained her not to do it, but you could tell she still wanted to, the look of disapproval when I picked it up in a bag!
Problem is that we didn't get her until she was a few months old and she'd been used to 'going' on puppy pads so it was lying around there for her to munch on when she got bored being on her own! Nearly 3 and a half years later we still haven't managed to totally stop the little sod!

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Away from sites I was walking in the new forest earlier in the year it was a sunny day in the park just to the eastern side of lyndhurst, loads of dog walkers and I saw a couple of dogs, one only feet away from me doing its business where people constantly walk and the owner simply ignored it! My theory is they were both locals and because the area is covered in sheep and horse poo a little bit of dog poo makes no difference. As said many times - to own a dog means you accept responsibility for it, you clear up after it apologise for it and you defend it.

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Having started this thread and reading your responses I respect all your views whatever side of the fence you sit, sounds like 50/50 but I was walking to the dog walk and he had to go, just one of those things. I will say if a dog dropped a log near my space I would not be happy either but I would never direct verbals at the owner especially if like in my case it was unavoidable, clearing it up and maybe an apology should be enough for normal people but clearly not all people are 'normal'.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Just a passing observation from a non dog owning animal lover and based on what I see happening in my locality in the UK.
Semi rural location with numerous dog keepers.
Daily they "walk" their animals along farmland hedgerows, footpaths, bridleways and even on recreation playing fields. Rarely do I see anyone carrying poo bags on the outward trip and never on the return trip.
To refer to the action as "walking" is a farce. Whether they pick up or not, "walking" is simply a word to describe taking the dog into someone else's space to do a dump.
Obviously the dogs need to go somewhere and frequently are busting to go - because their keepers haven't trained them to dump in their own back yard, or pitch.

If you keep a dog and think it's acceptable to let them deposit a trail of turds in other people's space then you will also have to accept flak from people like me who consider it to be a disgusting habit.
And don't start me on "It's OK, I always pick up" especially when it's a recreation field where a convoy of dogs can be seen every morning and then children playing every afternoon.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Having started this thread and reading your responses I respect all your views whatever side of the fence you sit, sounds like 50/50 but I was walking to the dog walk and he had to go, just one of those things. I will say if a dog dropped a log near my space I would not be happy either but I would never direct verbals at the owner especially if like in my case it was unavoidable, clearing it up and maybe an apology should be enough for normal people but clearly not all people are 'normal'.

Like I said above its a little tolerance all round..

I suppose when we had out two Border Collies we were a bit blinkered. Perhaps we did not pay 100 percent attention 100percent of the time.

Let's face it if people start screaming and shouting when a minor thing like this happens it's just not worth arguing as they wont understand or are going to listen anyway.

We on our very first outing with our van went on s brilliant site near Mevagisey. Some inconsiderate dog owner decided to tie rover up and bugger off for the day. Rover showed his discontent by barking and whining all day. His other reaction was to deposit Richards all around him. Not exactly encouraging for us newbies..

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
WOW... GeriatricWanderer, I was not expecting a reaction like that!! any dog owner will tell you their pets use the garden all the time but dogs require exercise and that is why they take their owners for a walk with them, at least in parks there are spacific bins to deposit the waste but out in the wild no such luck. It is now an offence to walk a dog and not have bags with you, it is not an offence to let your dog poo wherever but it is if you don't pick it up, most do but what to do with the bag once collected....well that is another story and it seems many resort to branch hanging which is unacceptable. Just as a point GW, why is it not ok for dogs to mess the hedgerows when wild animals and farm animals can do it wherever the please, clear it up and knowone should have any reason to complain. In a perfect world dogs would poo pound coins!!

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Taking our dogs for a walk heading for the dog walk area the other side of the campsite
If you are pitched too far away from the dog walk then get a pitch that is closer.
one of our dogs could not wait and decided to fertilise the outer edge of a pitch
Get a dog that is not incontinent, and its called shit not fertiliser.
with a huge RV on it
Why is this relevent?
the owners started saying how rude it was
It was rude.
and ended up hurling verbal abuse at us
Define 'verbal abuse'.
so much so they nearly ended up with it for their lunch!
Very clever, but not relevant.
naturally I cleaned up the mess as soon as I could
'As soon as you could' thats an interesting thing to say, how long did it take you?
but I would be interested in your views as to who was in the wrong
My opinion is you are.
me for not forcing a bung up our dogs bum
You could have dragged it of their pitch, or at least tried.
or them for not understanding dogs are not aloud in the toilet blocks!
This comment says it all.

Last edited:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just as a point GW, why is it not ok for dogs to mess the hedgerows when wild animals and farm animals can do it wherever the please, clear it up and know one should have any reason to complain. In a perfect world dogs would poo pound coins!!

What would you rather tread in - Dogs or Horse/Cattle/Deer/? One hell of a difference I think!

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Don't know why but here in France there seems to be "jobbies" on most pavements in most towns. French take their dogs everywhere, part of me says "ain't that nice .... look little doggy in a bag .... shopping" the other part say "YEP ! and soon the little bugger will drop a jobbie ... and I bet it will stay where it splats". Have to say my "live and let live" philosophy is stretched to the limit when the sticky stuff is on the underside of my shoes, in the treads and I'm on my way to dine in a restaurant ..... trying to get it all off doesn't always work, need a stiff brush and water really .... do my best .... onwards to dine ... DARE NOT cross my legs for fear of someone at the next table "maybe" seeing a little turdie residue under my shoe ........ That man .... at the next table ..... is he looking at me strangely ? is there a little odour, a tiny pong, is the air circulation in the room wafting the eau de cologne "puppy poo" in his direction ..... he thinks i've poo'ed my pants ..... "IT'S NOT ME" ... I scream .... but inwardly ... far too introvert to really shout it out loud ...... "it's the dog shit on my shoe" I inwardly consider .... then realise if I verbalise this it will be I in the wrong ..... "dirty man with poo on his shoe" .... these are the reasons I tell my wife I HATE eating out in restaurants ..... not really true ....... I'M YORKSHIRE ..... and tight as a ducks arse

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Taking our dogs for a walk heading for the dog walk area the other side of the campsite one of our dogs could not wait and decided to fertilise the outer edge of a pitch with a huge RV on it, the owners started saying how rude it was and ended up hurling verbal abuse at us, so much so they nearly ended up with it for their lunch! naturally I cleaned up the mess as soon as I could but I would be interested in your views as to who was in the wrong, me for not forcing a bung up our dogs bum or them for not understanding dogs are not aloud in the toilet blocks!
Sorry bbm but I blame you. a) why walk your dog across a pitch especially if you know the time is near. b) what if the dog had laid something that was not pick up able. Would you have found a hose and disinfectant or just left some of the remnants where it was laid for the tenants to take in their RV.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back