What's New In Motorhomes 2020? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Seems that most examples of new models posted on this thread so far seem to come into what I would call 'weekender' models.

I shall await Martin's post on Dusseldorf thread.

Geoff
Guess most (but not all) of what comes into our Facebook news feed & emails is likely to be van conversion type motorhomes as that is where our interest lies but hopefully others will post too if they spot any different new models :)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Guess most (but not all) of what comes into our Facebook news feed & emails is likely to be van conversion type motorhomes as that is where our interest lies but hopefully others will post too if they spot any different new models :)

Understood, but I have had no dealings with FB so did not realise that.

I shall await Martin's input as we have exchanged ideas several times on what we are interested in.

Geoff

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
When we were looking, we discounted pop-tops as most seemed to add 100kg of dead weight to cart around when you weren't using them.
In a PVC, unless you're going to send majority of time with 4 up, I could think of better things to do with 100kg of payload - and carry a 25Kg awning for those times when you need the extra beds

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Chasson’s best of 10, became the 510, became the 530 and this year it!s the 520!
Mmmmm

All 6mtrs, drop down bed behind the front seats.
530 and 520moved bathroom foward to make room for full width boot at back.
But how do they dream up the names.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
A new budget 4 berth van conversion from Roadcar (Possl/Globecar brand) R601 https://roadcar-mobile.de/modelle/ starting at €37999 (optional extras can be highly priced though) for 2020 model:

1568889885333.png

1568889912030.png

Also posted here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...possl-summit-prime-trenta-2020-models.203721/ with more info.

Loveshack

Free Member
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
Just got my C&CC magazine today.
There’s a caravan called a “Tripbuddy”, which apart from the colour “floats my boat”
Some nice ideas which set it apart from the boring run of the mill.
If only someone would take a clean sheet of paper to Motorhome/ camper design.
I might be tempted. This one’s to pricy, but maybe later.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just got my C&CC magazine today.
There’s a caravan called a “Tripbuddy”, which apart from the colour “floats my boat”
Some nice ideas which set it apart from the boring run of the mill.
If only someone would take a clean sheet of paper to Motorhome/ camper design.
I might be tempted. This one’s to pricy, but maybe later.
They normally have a white Tripbuddy on display at the NEC Motorhome Shows - always gets a lot of interest as it's light, cleverly designed & built using marine grade materials.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Adria have just updated their website with their new "Compact" coachbuilts - although narrow they go up to 7m https://www.adria.co.uk/motorhomes/compact with a large garage, lounging area & have the clever Duplex bathroom (y) The optional Skyroof is a bit Marmite but otherwise this might be very popular for those looking at coachbuilts depending on the price point. We are a bit biased though :blusher: as if we hadn't chosen Globecar then Adria was next choice having had an excellent Adria caravan before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Chausson 2020 catalogue on their French website https://www.chausson-camping-cars.fr/wp-content/uploads/chausson-2020_cat-general_Q2_UK.pdf - drop down bed over the bathroom sinks (yes two!) is a new idea! Can always rely on Chausson to try new ideas but for anyone that is tempted by all the variations of electric drop down beds, in these or any other makes, be aware that they have been have been reported in previous years as liable to getting stuck so maybe opt for manual pull down ones if you need this kind of bed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
These have been around for quite a while but BeauEr models are now available in the UK https://www.beaueruk.com/ - not a motorhome (although they did do a version once & one is in development) but a neat option in three sizes for towing behind one! It's on our wishlist to see at the upcoming NEC Show - sure there will be crowds around this one.

1569868151508.png

1569868174520.png

This one isn't so pretty (still clever though) & don't know if it ever came into production but this is the motorhome type version they developed before:

1569868766813.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Some adverts & info. for new models at the upcoming Motorhome & Caravan Show at the NEC
A thread with some hints & tips for visiting the Show & how to get "free" tickets https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ober-2019-useful-or-interesting-stuff.205789/
Will you please stop this!!! We are picking up our new van on Thursday and you only bought yours last year. You can really go off people.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Will you please stop this!!! We are picking up our new van on Thursday and you only bought yours last year. You can really go off people.
It's still fun to look! :roflmto: Congratulations on your new van!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It's still fun to look! :roflmto: Congratulations on your new van!
I know, I must admit if we hadn’t had our weak moment at Malvern we were thinking of going to the NEC just before our trip to Spain. We love looking at all the accessories as well. Chuffed to bits with our/my Tefal Ingenio pans from Clarks village last weekend with an extra 20% off.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
The first thing that occurred to me looking at most of these pop top, slide out and cab width designs are that they may well be methods of minimising the impact of WLTP by both minimising drag/emissions and in some cases keeping within dimensions that will allow them to assume the base vehicle manufacturer's emissions figures and avoid individual model testing by the MH builder. It could be the future...

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Did i read that right in the out and about link £39,339 OTR for the Carado V337? At that price would be very tempted.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did i read that right in the out and about link £39,339 OTR for the Carado V337? At that price would be very tempted.
Looking at https://carado.com/de/de/unsere-fahrzeuge/van it's listed at €39499 so UK price looks typical but extra packages to include manual air con in cab & cruise control etc & large list of engine size & spec. options bump that up if required - there's a configurator tool on the model listing https://carado.com/de/de/unsere-fahrzeuge/van/v-337 but that may be different for models sold in UK.
You probably already know but if you right click on web page then there is the option to translate into English - we use that a lot!
Also have a look here to see more photos of this model Broken Link Removed including the clever bathroom. It also gives an idea of what packages/extras the German dealers choose in order to sell their stock.

Last edited:

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
See what you mean by the packages bumbling up the price still like the look may yet go to the NEC to have a look (yes I know could be an expensive trip but you only live once)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
See what you mean by the packages bumbling up the price still like the look may yet go to the NEC to have a look (yes I know could be an expensive trip but you only live once)
NEC Show is a good place to look - there's a "free" ticket offer here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ober-2019-useful-or-interesting-stuff.205789/ but agree it could be an expensive trip!

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Thanks for the links just shown the OH mmmm nice she said lets go and have a look better warn the bank manager ?. Looking at the links to German dealers may look at importing, not sure i should thank you you could cost me big ? but thanks anyway.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
500Kg payload for 6 people. Going to be a few driving round overloaded

Be interesting to see if the weight quoted includes all the FACTORY FITTED Extras like Air Conditioning and Cruise Control or wether they just went for how much can we get away with.

So true! Cruise control must add all of 2kg extra weight.:LOL:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for the links just shown the OH mmmm nice she said lets go and have a look better warn the bank manager ?. Looking at the links to German dealers may look at importing, not sure i should thank you you could cost me big ? but thanks anyway.
If you do consider importing then Campirama in Belgium https://campirama.be/ is usually a top choice for Funsters & they are a Carado stockist (y) Lenny HB is the best one to advise on what they can do. Might have to be existing stock & quick though as all could change at the end of this month with regards to the import process & savings to be made but who knows...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back