Whats included with a new hymer? (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Having just purchased our first Hymer new, everything seems to be an expensive option and I mean everything.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Whats included with a new hymer?

A large invoice!:rolleyes:

HUGE PURCHASE PRICE. ....Lol

Not true if you buy sensibly, as long as you don't pay silly UK prices, cheaper than a lot of AT's & Swifts and they arecnot even A Class.
Unfortunately you can't even get damp and water ingress as an option.:ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Having just purchased our first Hymer new, everything seems to be an expensive option and I mean everything.
Not that bad as you get a lot of basic safety features as standard that are options on other vans. ESP, EBD, TCS, Traction Plus, Hill Holder, Passenger Air Bag etc.

Also you get to choose the spec don't have to have bits you don't want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not true if you buy sensibly, as long as you don't pay silly UK prices, cheaper than a lot of AT's & Swifts and they arecnot even A Class.
Unfortunately you can't even get damp and water ingress as an option.:ROFLMAO:
I'm sorry but I can't be ars@d to travel far afield to buy a moho and always buy something from local dealer new stock as I don't want to wait weeks or months for delivery.

I also would not buy an A class moho which I think are generally overrated, over priced and not so practical as ordinary coachbuilt motorhomes.

I currently do not have an AT or Swift!:wink:

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I'm sorry but I can't be ars@d to travel far afield to buy a moho and always buy something from local dealer new stock as I don't want to wait weeks or months for delivery.
Fine if you can afford the extra £20,000 to buy localy , we are not that well healed.
When we brought our first Hymer the Belgium dealer was closer than the nearest UK dealer.
I also would not buy an A class moho which I think are generally overrated,
If you have never had an A Class you wouldn't understand, current van is our first A Class would not consider any other type of van now.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
If you have never had an A Class you wouldn't understand, current van is our first A Class would not consider any other type of van now.

But surely you have to like them as well :D
Both my wife and I struggle with the look of them so for us they were not in the equation when we were looking. :):)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you have never had an A Class you wouldn't understand,
I have not owned an A class but have been in plenty and very nice some of them are ... but I can assure you I DO understand.

Our current m/h IMO, has all the benefits of any A class without what I consider an unnecessarily large windscreen, fancy expensive headlamps and almost impossible access to the engine compartment.

As I say just my opinion and everyone has their own.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I have been looking at the Hymer website and as a new-by, what is a B-Class and how does that fit into the C-Class/A-Class debate? Link Removed

Confusingly, Hymer's B-Class falls into the category usually described as A-Class. o_O. It's an 'integrated' motorhome.:D

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Confusingly, Hymer's B-Class falls into the category usually described as A-Class. o_O. It's an 'integrated' motorhome.:D

You know what question is coming next..... :nerd: :D

What does 'integrated' mean? I would be guessing that it may mean a B-Class uses the floor pan and chassis from the base vehicle rather than having a third party chassis such as Alko?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
French bread with French unsalted butter & French cherry jam & fresh coffee what else could one possibly want for breakfast :LOL:

Croissants and a locally bought Honey Mmmm(y) plus the coffee as you said(y)

Thats all very well and quite nice now and again, but you can't beat a full English brekky!

Yes you can See above :wink::wink:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, @cornish boy , it's one of those things that 'I know it when I see it.' I'll leave the description to those more technically savvy than me.
As far as I can see, it means that the whole vehicle is totally integrated, ie it's a whole thing with no joints between the cab and the body, whereas the non-A Class consist of a habitation section made by eg Hymer, connected to an eg Fiat cab. The chassis on either vehicle would still be third party.
I'm sure, someone will be able to describe it better than me. I understand that A Class are better insulated around the cab area, and most have double floors, whereas most non-A Class do not have double floors. Many people also like the panoramic view provided by the A-Class windscreen. It's a matter of preference (and price), I guess, although I stand to be corrected on any of this.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
"Integrated" is the term that Hymer use for all their A class motorhomes. A class motorhomes do not include the cab windows, doors, bonnet and bumpers made by the chassis supplier.

We prefer the look of an A class motorhome, as it does not look like the habitation area has been added on as an afterthought. But that is purely subjective. However what is not subjective is that it produces a wider space, better insulation, less drafts and better heating in the cab area, which in many motorhomes now forms an integral part of the habitation area. And it also provides a much better view of both the road ahead and the countryside you are driving through.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Question? Does any UK based manufacturer make an "A" Class (or Integrated if you wish!) Motor-home. The last one`s I remember where produced by Swift?. And Of course the Now defunct Machzone.? (Ultra)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A class is integrated and built by Hymer on bare chassis as opposed to coachbuilt built on chassis with cab.
Hymer B class is a model name .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back