Whats included with a new hymer? (1 Viewer)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I had a brand new Bessie (2015)
Leaked like a sieve
Glad to be rid - reminded me of 1970's British cars.
Overpriced crap

We can only speak as we find, eh?
To brand all examples of a particular brand doesn't do them justice, though.
I'm sure not all Hymers have damp problems and some even have proper cooking facilities.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I think mainly on roof light mastic drying out on older models, we had a leak on our last one last year which was a 2003 B544 but easily fixed .

Our Bessie is 2000 reg.
Roof lights are still tight. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We got a grill pan with a removable handle, an EHU lead, 'good one as well', no fire extinguishers,no carpet, 6x loading eyes in the garage, no gas bottle or spare wheel, both of which I got separately, They did put a radio in but it did not have one from the factory. There is fitted-in wiring for rear view camera that only has fittings for the camera they use which make I do not know, and fitted wiring for a solar panel but you need the Schaude regulator to make it work properly. There was also an Eperspacher diesel heater under the step which is called a boster heater. I did get water in the left footwell but that is where they pressure washed it, I think, also in the garage floor under the mat. The book does say do not washer it but the cleaners probably did. I dried it out and await the next deluge like the one I drove through where 1 inch fell in an hour. apart from that I am very happy but I wish the had put the correct tyre pressure in it to avoid weaving down the A1. Far too hard.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our new Hymer did not come with fire extinguisher, first aid kit or hook up lead, but that was no problem because I already had them all and was not expecting them. Did come with smoke and CO alarms though. Also a large number of factory fit extras - it was specced by the dealer not me.

We too like our TEC Tower oven. Used it so far for cooking pizzas, quiches and pies as well several supermarket ready meals, all with no problem. We do not go away in the motorhome to create culinary masterpieces - can't be bothered. If the weather is good we prefer cooking outside on the BBQ. And if we want a roast we will go to a carvery - much easier and no washing up.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bought a brand new one. I got nothing. No gas bottle, no hookup lead, absolutely nothing. They didn't even tell me I needed anything. So I had to drive back 2 days later to query that. They then proceeded to sell me £100's of extra stuff. Brownhills for you.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We've been pleased with our Tec Tower
It's good at baking 'part baked' bread
We've also used it to do baked potatoes, pizza and lasagna
It's nowhere near as good as our Aga at home, but it's been pretty good at getting upto temperature and maintaining it
Ours is mostly used for part baked bread, try cooking something from frozen in need to double the cooking time and the grill is totally useless even though it is a lot better than the previous Tec Tower.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ours is mostly used for part baked bread, try cooking something from frozen in need to double the cooking time and the grill is totally useless even though it is a lot better than the previous Tec Tower.
Ours hasn't got the grill - only the oven

We cook bread from cold in 12 mins on the highest setting

Our previous oven was a Thetford - gas hob above oven and grill
The oven never got upto temperature and when using the grill the control knobs got so hot you couldn't touch them without getting burned.

If Motorhome appliance manufacturers made domestic appliances, nobody would buy them

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They did put a radio in but it did not have one from the factory. There is fitted-in wiring for rear view camera that only has fittings for the camera they use which make I do not know, and fitted wiring for a solar panel but you need the Schaude regulator to make it work properly. .

The dealer had fitted an all singing all dancing Kenwood system in mine complete with DAB radio, twin reversing cameras and sat nav. Even wired it up to Hymer's speakers in the rear. It is not essential to use the Schaudt regulator. The dealer who fitted a couple of solars as part of the deal, was quite happy to use another one, but I insisted on the Schaudt because it can be wired through the Electrobloc.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The dealer had fitted an all singing all dancing Kenwood system in mine complete with DAB radio, twin reversing cameras and sat nav. Even wired it up to Hymer's speakers in the rear. It is not essential to use the Schaudt regulator. The dealer who fitted a couple of solars as part of the deal, was quite happy to use another one, but I insisted on the Schaudt because it can be wired through the Electrobloc.
Our last Hymer had as standard as superb sound system with sub woofer under the bed, turned the bed into a massage parlor:) Also a standard fit was a TV and Oyster sat system, don't you just love special editions.:D

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Forgot to say i did get choks and a warning triangle :)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our last Hymer had as standard as superb sound system with sub woofer under the bed, turned the bed into a massage parlor:) Also a standard fit was a TV and Oyster sat system, don't you just love special editions.:D
If you mean the drop down bed ours has what they call exciters under that which turns the whole underside into a speaker. The same with the bed headboards in the rear. The spec had said they had fitted rear speakers but I could not find them at first!

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Our new Hymer did not come with fire extinguisher, first aid kit or hook up lead, but that was no problem because I already had them all and was not expecting them. Did come with smoke and CO alarms though. Also a large number of factory fit extras - it was specced by the dealer not me.

We too like our TEC Tower oven. Used it so far for cooking pizzas, quiches and pies as well several supermarket ready meals, all with no problem. We do not go away in the motorhome to create culinary masterpieces - can't be bothered. If the weather is good we prefer cooking outside on the BBQ. And if we want a roast we will go to a carvery - much easier and no washing up.
Should've come with a roll of gaffer tape :whistle:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If you mean the drop down bed ours has what they call exciters under that which turns the whole underside into a speaker. The same with the bed headboards in the rear. The spec had said they had fitted rear speakers but I could not find them at first!
I could hear them but not see them. Found them behind the solid wood bedhead

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You have "exciters" under your beds? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

You devil, you.....,.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Urban myth born out of snobbery, Tonka?
We have a 16year old Bessacar, snuff dry.
Never heard of damp Swift etc. vans / caravans till I came on here.
Many posts on here about damp Hymers.
Makes you wonder?

I know not many are really affected but as mine has been to the factory 3 times in 4 years since new.. Some people can get a bit peed off after laying out over £50,000 !!!! my previous autotrail was solid in the 7 years I had it.
Good and bad in all makes...

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I know not many are really affected but as mine has been to the factory 3 times in 4 years since new.. Some people can get a bit peed off after laying out over £50,000 !!!! my previous autotrail was solid in the 7 years I had it.
Good and bad in all makes...
Spot on, they all have problems some people are to embarrassed to admit they spent a fortune on a lemon

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
on a similar theme but no help to OP (sorry) we have a Rangemaster oven (poor mans Aga), had it 20 years, now too many things not right so going to replace it, going through the options, it is supplied with a grill, as you would expect, but the handle is an extra!! o_O

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our Exsis brand new last year an import didn't have a radio but did have solar panel,sat system ( crap) and SOG (bril) but a great van

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I bought a brand new one. I got nothing. No gas bottle, no hookup lead, absolutely nothing. They didn't even tell me I needed anything. So I had to drive back 2 days later to query that. They then proceeded to sell me £100's of extra stuff. Brownhills for you.
Brownhills are not even HYMER dealer(n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back