What's going on with Fun in Firefox on Android. (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Firefox on Android 14 seems fine.
1000019168.png

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Ah the beauty of iOS why anyone would entertain android crap is beyond me, And yes I use both👍
Because we have a choice of which browser to use? Apple only let you use Safari, or browsers that are just wrappers around Safari.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Because we have a choice of which browser to use? Apple only let you use Safari, or browsers that are just wrappers around Safari.
I hate safari (even though I use it a lot) may I add I know nothing about tech but I just can’t work android stuff whereas the Apple stuff works flawlessly albeit only with stuff Apple will allow!🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I hate safari (even though I use it a lot) may I add I know nothing about tech but I just can’t work android stuff whereas the Apple stuff works flawlessly albeit only with stuff Apple will allow!🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
If you haven't used iOS stuff before, it's equally as bad as Android. They've both over simplified the interface so there's no hint about what you're supposed to do to get places. Long presses and screen swipes are not easy to discover. The flawless thing is a fallacy, there's plenty of crud in Apple too.

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Any ideas Jim, Fun won't open in Firefox on Android 13, works in Chrome.
Works OK in Firefox on PC.

I'm on Android 13 - works fine for me. Wich version are you on? I'm on 125.2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Who told you that? I have loads of browsers on my Mac, they all work very well. Posting this on Chrome, but use Firefox, Brave, MS Edge, Tor, Vivaldi and Opera
But they are only a skin on Safari not a true Firefox/Chrome/Opera etc., browser.

Anyway what about my problem, all other sites working just Fun that is not.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But they are only a skin on Safari not a true Firefox/Chrome/Opera etc., browser.

Oh you are talking about IOS. I'm talking about Apple Mac. Macs run everything OK The IOS wont allow certain rendering or JavaScript, so need elements of safari to operate.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No idea. Have you cleared cookies and cache.

Is anyone else having issues with Firefox? Has their been a recent update?
Cleared cash working again now never had a problem before.
Stupid boy first thing I should have done. I would have done it on a PC didn't think about it on a phone.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
And this answers the OP's question how exactly?

It doesn't.

If you think iOS is somehow faultless I'm afraid you are deluding yourself.
Look, you don’t know me, I’m a simple soul when it comes to tech (ask Lenny HB ) I have Apple stuff and there’s nothing I’ve been stuck for, now when it comes to my work Samsung phone on android, nothing works on it, I can’t even work the phone properly and don’t ask me to send a txt with the pile of 💩. I’ve even gone to either make a call or look on the web with the phone and guess what, there’s no reception nor on the fitters phone, I have to get my Apple phone out to make the call or go on t’internet🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes I concede that I don’t know (or even want to learn) how to use it, it’s such a pain in the ass and nothings simple on it, I’ll stick with Apple thanks.
Oh and btw I’m good friends with the OP and it was kind of a tongue in cheek wind up kind of comment👍

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Look, you don’t know me, I’m a simple soul when it comes to tech (ask Lenny HB ) I have Apple stuff and there’s nothing I’ve been stuck for, now when it comes to my work Samsung phone on android, nothing works on it, I can’t even work the phone properly and don’t ask me to send a txt with the pile of 💩. I’ve even gone to either make a call or look on the web with the phone and guess what, there’s no reception nor on the fitters phone, I have to get my Apple phone out to make the call or go on t’internet🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes I concede that I don’t know (or even want to learn) how to use it, it’s such a pain in the ass and nothings simple on it, I’ll stick with Apple thanks.
Oh and btw I’m good friends with the OP and it was kind of a tongue in cheek wind up kind of comment👍
If Apple is so brilliant why did users give up after the first bite out of it?:unsure::clap2::whistle2::RollEyes::getmecoat:

1714285184220.png

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.

Forgive me, I just get mildly irritated with iOS is superior to Android type comments when actually it's just different, each have their merits and usually people think theirs is the 'best' because that is just what they are used to.

I made the switch from iOS some years back and now I would never go back as one thing both systems are good at is making it mildly difficult to swap to and fro between them, obviously for a reason.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Forgive me, I just get mildly irritated with iOS is superior to Android type comments when actually it's just different, each have their merits and usually people think theirs is the 'best' because that is just what they are used to.

I made the switch from iOS some years back and now I would never go back as one thing both systems are good at is making it mildly difficult to swap to and fro between them, obviously for a reason.
No worries, I just find it easier and faster👍

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I had a works iPhone, could never use it such a crap operating system, android so much simpler and so much more choice of apps.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I had a works iPhone, could never use it such a crap operating system, android so much simpler and so much more choice of apps.
I Wonder If theres anyone that can use both systems equally good😁😁😁😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back