What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I had a stand up row with Jeffrey Archer and had no idea who he was!

Once at party I was introduced to Cheryl Fernandez, had no idea who she was, she got a little flustered as she was a headline guest (fund raiser) then later introduced to Tom Hardy, again I stood there knowing I was meant to be impressed, and should know who his was.

He said "you have no idea who I am do you?" No I answered.

His reply......

"thank god for that, fancy a beer with no arse licking"

Great bloke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Ok as France is likely to close in the near future our holiday plans are changing - what are the recommendations for the south coast of England. Happy to be off the grid sometimes but would look for EHU for several nights. Preferably sites that allow use of gazebos, awnings and mats!

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Not South Coast, but not far from you https://www.facebook.com/saltfleetby/
1AAD2186-2CA6-42F3-A3BB-1E84FD08CDC0.png

The link took me here

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I once beat Jimmy White at a game of pool. He was brought into a local club as a guest by my friend. As the drinks flowed he decided it a good idea to take on anyone who dared for a game. The usual self important few, who fancied themselves as pool sharks were quickly dispatched. I didn't take it seriously, knowing that I would lose and by freak of luck, beat him. He was a great guy and found it hilarious being beaten by a nobody

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Thats right, stayed there Sunday night (its on Britstops) EHU, water, grey waste and black waste dump good field for 5 MH's (easily take more) only opened under new ownership on Friday, great bar, food coming soon, fantastic people, Dan the landlord is great and a great bar maid

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I once beat Jimmy White at a game of pool. He was brought into a local club as a guest by my friend. As the drinks flowed he decided it a good idea to take on anyone who dared for a game. The usual self important few, who fancied themselves as pool sharks were quickly dispatched. I didn't take it seriously, knowing that I would lose and by freak of luck, beat him. He was a great guy and found it hilarious being beaten by a nobody
My daughter and her then partner put on an exhibition night with Jimmy White. It was a great success apart from not getting the ticket sales they expected, lost a lot of money. :frowny:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Whilst marshalling at a classic car hill climb I put my hand on the shoulder of someone wearing a crash helmet in the queue for the portacabin loo and pointed out that it was the Ladies. Pat Moss was not amused.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Thats right, stayed there Sunday night (its on Britstops) EHU, water, grey waste and black waste dump good field for 5 MH's (easily take more) only opened under new ownership on Friday, great bar, food coming soon, fantastic people, Dan the landlord is great and a great bar maid
Great. Thanks. Not yet in Britstops. But perhaps it’s time.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I think you and OldCodger are posting In the wrong thread..

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I have memorised and can recite, every road in the City of London.
Though I did pass the knowledge movan I must come clean and explain how Im able to remember all the roads in the City of London! The reason is, there arent any🤣
They are all streets, places, yards, Lanes etc.😀
If you want to be pedantic, half a road, coz the boundary goes down the middle of Goswell Road!
If only they had a Raspberry icon🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back