Apr 3, 2019
Southampton, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,
We are new to motorhomefun was recommended to join up, so here we are! We have just sold renault traffic camper that we had converted 2yrs ago to see if we enjoyed the experience which we do, so need to buy more like motorhome size vehicle, we would require 4berth 4 travelling seats and would need to accommodate a travel cot as we foster care babies as and when required, most of the time would be the 2 of us plus baby our own children are grown up now. Around a 6m long vehicle would be good so can keep on driveaway and looking to spend around 25-30k but open to your advise on all recommendations, probably buy end of this summer but use this summer for shows etc so any help to narrow the mine field would be good.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would say probably not a pvc (panel van conversion) just because you want to have space for a travel cot. The extra few inches of width on a coachbuilt gives you more chance of having that space. You would need travel seats suitable for the fit of the child’s travel seat too, and somewhere to store it (in my experience they are big awkward things) when parked up. Also space for a pushchair?
An overcab bed would give you somewhere to sleep whilst leaving floor for the cot.
The only way is to go to a large dealership or show and look in lots to find the layout that would suit and then you can start looking for the actual one in your budget.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome!:hiya2:
Annie is right have a look at dealers and even take your travel cot and try it out for size., some dinette areas allow the table to lift off and may have space for a cot but you would need to try.
A good dealer won’t mind.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!!

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. We are not looking to change our motorhome but if we had been we would be seriously interested in @Happy 41's Autosleeper Sigma that is available now.
Why wait until the end of summer?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back