WHAT IS IN A NAME ?? (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Please bare in mind that we (I) are brand NEW to all of this MH business and are currently converting a Mercedes Sprinter LWB, Hi Roof..

Well we (I) have read on many other places and seen on here that many owners of MH & Caravans actually name their rolling home and I was wondering how many different names there are out there, then I thought where or how do owners come up with the names they give to their MH / Caravan.

It would be nice if this post / thread or request got spread around this site and to see how many members come back to tell me the names they have given to their MH / Caravan and why, please help me in this quest.

PS. I have not even thought of a name for my Sprinter Van - The wife says it should be called "ETERNITY" as it is taking me 4EVA to complete.. LOL:unsure:

Thanks and would appreciate your replies..

Steve n Sonia

Solution
Ours is ‘Bella in short for Arabella as she is an Arabella model of 2001 vintage and was imported and the model named as such by the then , and only , importers to the UK , Don Amott’s.
The name originates apparently from the eldest Grandaughter of Don Amott’s who was called Arabella!
So now you know. 😊
Thank you for replying Captain..
That is a very good reason and a very good namesake.. yeah I like the reasoning behind that..
OP
OP
STEVE4SONN
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Ours is “the van” too. However I like Eternity! :ROFLMAO:
I take it "The Van" is under "T" on my list.. yeah the Wife may be correct "ETERNITY" is her favourable word along with "Lost Summer", "Winter's Coming" by I am not really over concerned as it is my weekend hobby..

Thank you for replying..
Steve n Sonia

Upvote 0

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Our Burstner is Brunhilde; could never be anything else. Elaine chose the name ...

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Ours is ‘Bella in short for Arabella as she is an Arabella model of 2001 vintage and was imported and the model named as such by the then , and only , importers to the UK , Don Amott’s.
The name originates apparently from the eldest Grandaughter of Don Amott’s who was called Arabella!
So now you know. 😊

Upvote 0
OP
OP
STEVE4SONN
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
So now you know. 😊
Thank you for replying Captain..
That is a very good reason and a very good namesake.. yeah I like the reasoning behind that..

Upvote 0
Solution

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Mine is referred to as Van, no the, or heap of cr@@p, old shed . chugger, old girl, lovely old girl , Bloody thing, all depends upon my mood and where we are and what the van is doing at the time .but mostly 'my saving grace' as it made lockdown more bearable every moment I could I was out and about in it. It has enabled me to me some very interesting people, and avoid people due to CORVID restrictions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
STEVE4SONN
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Mine is referred to as Van, no the, or heap of cr@@p, old shed . chugger, old girl, lovely old girl , Bloody thing, all depends upon my mood and where we are and what the van is doing at the time .but mostly 'my saving grace' as it made lockdown more bearable every moment I could I was out and about in it. It has enabled me to me some very interesting people, and avoid people due to CORVID restrictions.
Sound.. interesting that is three so far just called van..
Original..
Thanks for replying..

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
My son who was a Peugeot techie before moving to JLR named my boxer van the bag of shit after I asked him to do a couple of jobs on it so know if it gets mentioned in post the just called BOS

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I can only assume that we will on arrival of the new PCV continue as we have done in the past call things what they are; the boat, the car, the bike. If we start call it anything else than the Van and give it a name I will have recurring nightmares of pink and fluffy knitted animals adorning the front windscreen facia!:eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Mine is called Tonks. My first van was very small and square and reminded me of a Tonka toy, so was christened Tonks. My current one was going to be called something else but Tonks stuck, so she's Tonks too. People know her by name and ask me about her, or refer to her in messages or on social media!

IMG_20201201_124224.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Doris TG. Burstner van - hence Doris The German. Doris From a friend who continually referred to an acquaintance met in France who happened to be a good friend😂😀😂

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Old one - model was Impala. Covered in native American scenes by previous owner so googled Arapahoe or similar for "Deer" as they don't have Impala in USA and hence.... "Moki".

New one is 34 foot long and previous owner named her "Big Bertha" and the name is sticking.

Upvote 0

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Please bare in mind that we (I) are brand NEW to all of this MH business and are currently converting a Mercedes Sprinter LWB, Hi Roof..

Well we (I) have read on many other places and seen on here that many owners of MH & Caravans actually name their rolling home and I was wondering how many different names there are out there, then I thought where or how do owners come up with the names they give to their MH / Caravan.

It would be nice if this post / thread or request got spread around this site and to see how many members come back to tell me the names they have given to their MH / Caravan and why, please help me in this quest.

PS. I have not even thought of a name for my Sprinter Van - The wife says it should be called "ETERNITY" as it is taking me 4EVA to complete.. LOL:unsure:

Thanks and would appreciate your replies..

Steve n Sonia
We are. In the process of changing ours, our Auto-trail Dakota we called The Beast, due to its size. However change has been forced on us to downsize to something Mrs Norfolk would be confident driving and to an automatic gear box to make life easier for me. On July 1st I was hospitalised with Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS). A rare neurological condition where the autoimmune system attacks the peripheral nervous system causing weakness, loss of use and paralysis. It is treatable, however mine was rediagnosed as CIPD (Chronic Inflammatory Demylenating Polyneuropathy) This again is treatable but will require ongoing treatment. I am still in hospital, hoping to be home in a couple of months. In the meantime we are having our new van delivered this month by SMC in Newark. It’s a PVC, Autosleeper Kingham. We have called it Warrior after the GBS support logo, as it was this illness which made us choose it.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You are the second person this month tht I have heard to be diagnosed with this , I hope you mend quickly and can get out in the van soon

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
MIne is either the Moody Blue if it's more or less behaving. If there is a problem it's the Blue Meanie

Attachments

• P1010888.JPG
    P1010888.JPG
    578.1 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Even though I'm very obsessed with snoopy...called our mh...zebedee, loved the magic roundabout as a child, I loved dougal,...but zebedee sounds better, has his own cup, key ring, even his own wee decal :roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back