What Have You Learned About Your Motorhome This Week? (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Well, I know the answer to the first bit. They see a motorhome coming and do not want to be stuck behind a slow moving vehicle.
I would try to get in front of a motorhome or large slow vehicle if I could.

The second bit :Doh: don't know.

Lesley

Yes Lesly, the first bit i can agree wholeheartedly with :thumb:, its the second bit I have problems with - and i guess i am going to have to adjust to it :swear:. I think i will allow myself a glass of red on arrival for each time it happens on a journey.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Having owned it a year now I have found...

Any new discoveries Funsters?

JJ:winky:

How to get the fantastic electric vent in my Winnebago roof to work. ... no fuse end holder cap.. bridged with a fuse until a new one arrives from the USA.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Yes Lesly, the first bit i can agree wholeheartedly with :thumb:, its the second bit I have problems with - and i guess i am going to have to adjust to it :swear:. I think i will allow myself a glass of red on arrival for each time it happens on a journey.

Cheers, me too

Lesley:wine:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

750 miles now.

Why is it that me coming down the road makes those at junctions decide to pull out in front of me, NOT accelerate away quickly but wait till I have had to brake and lose at least 20mph, before then accelerating away like idiots?

When I had to work for a living and invariable rushing everywhere,usually in the third lane of the motorway. I never got chance to notice, however now with a motorhome and often in the nearside lane of motorways the number of drivers that cannot negotiate the slip road to the carriageway. This must drive HGV drivers nuts. When will it be a part of the driving test??

Cheyenne

Free Member
Jul 31, 2010
Essex
Funster No
Exp
1 year
tomorrow

:rollonfloor:I am hoping that after tomorrow's MOT I will learn that she is in tip-top shape

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Any new discoveries Funsters?

JJ:winky:

Yes , ive learned that if i polished the motorhomes habitation windows , ( plastic double glazed) with Autoglym resin polish. It would totally remove all the tiny surface scratches, making the windows extra shiny and look like new.:thumb:
Bev

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
It leaks - mysterious brown stain showing on the carpet and not found out why yet

If its near the bathroom door then check the seal on the toilet as we had a stain when our seal was leaking.
When we first bought our Clubman, which had not been used a lot by the previous owner, we found the seal had dried out and needed another one, since then no leak.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have learned this morning that the old Tiffin is still good for another year...she passed the MOT with no advisarys..not bad for 21 years old:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Have learned that no matter how many times you measure, measure again, offer up, measure again, offer up again.............you're always going to drill those holes in the wrong place................DOH !

:cry:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Have learned that no matter how many times you measure, measure again, offer up, measure again, offer up again.............you're always going to drill those holes in the wrong place................DOH !

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hear that, I now go the drill slightly oversize holes, but even that doesn't always work:Doh:

Maurice & Val

Free Member
Jul 4, 2010
Hornsea, East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25+ years

Yep I'm good at measuring checking, measuring again, checking again etc etc and still get it wrong sometimes.

Maurice & Val

Free Member
Jul 4, 2010
Hornsea, East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25+ years
If its near the bathroom door then check the seal on the toilet as we had a stain when our seal was leaking.
When we first bought our Clubman, which had not been used a lot by the previous owner, we found the seal had dried out and needed another one, since then no leak.

Thanks but we're still baffled. On the last journey no leak whatsoever. I've a feeling it's to do with the heater as that's the nearest item and it's all rusty around the base. Will strip it down sometime soon and check.

agilityeye

Free Member
Dec 8, 2009
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
didnt realise just how big ours is......
just got rid of a 5th wheel and got a rv.
5th wheel went up and down our drive easily but it was tight with the rv

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back