What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (13 Viewers)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All this list of fixes apart from the rear tyre are as a direct result of the previous owner thinking that twisting a couple of wires together and covering in carpet tape is just fine on an automotive application !!

Fixed the loose rubber at the bottom of the windscreen ( previous owner had pulled it off to fit lights and not bothered to glue it back in place )
Sorted out yet another poor joint on yet another line of LED's
Glued another set of LED's back in place that shines through the front grill
Spent over an hour removing the tow bar and wheel cover so I can get the rear wheel out to fit a tyre today

Oh.. This is on the Goldwing !!

Today on the van I have got to remove all the pop fastener screwed down bits on the carpet in preparation for the new pillowsoft vinyl floor covering going in tomorrow

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Changed the drain valve on our Webasto. The new one is exactly the same but has a gauze tube to keep limescale out of the valve.
Gave it a good descaling with Carrefour white wine vinegar whilst I was at it.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Fixed sure flow water pump replaced pump head and pressure switch recycled from spare pump I had. Cleaned out water tap filters on end of spout outlets, lots of scale hindered pump performance, now all working good. Recharged vehicle cab AC.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Changed gearbox oil, full service, prepared for MOT on tuesday.

Eric

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
in the last couple of weeks or so
  • New rear brake shoes - service last year had over tightened so knackered them - probably why the bearing is knackered as well
  • Fitted new throtle body - old one was well and trully seized up and full of gunk
  • Cleaned out EGR and EGR heat exchanger...gunked up as well
  • Fixed EGR solenoid which was stuck in the 'open' position - hence all the gunk elsewhere.
  • Engine coolant replaced whislt doing EGR heat exchanger
Engines running nice and smooth now:)

Was planning on changing a rear hub and bearing yesterday(after brake shoe problems) - but part sent by buycarpart.co.uk was the wrong one, turned out id also ordered a part that wouldn't have fitted either as their system had it described wrong!! so 10mins on an online conversation and all sorted new part on its way for Wednesday and old part return label emailed to me(y)

Already for MOT later this month

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Removed omnistor fan vent and replaced with mini Heki . First time ive attempted it . Forecast says raining tonight.

Wish me luck for no leaks :pray:.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Installed refurnished gearbox just have one half shaft to refit and starter moter job done

Great to see some real work having been done!
The rest is all just minor snags compared to Bill's endeavours!:)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Removed omnistor fan vent and replaced with mini Heki . First time ive attempted it . Forecast says raining tonight.

Wish me luck for no leaks :pray:.

That's not an upgrade!

At least with the omnivent, you could switch it to reverse and blow the water back out!:D

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Also fited two tefubished hubs on the front using my home made baring press made from six inch Rsj and box section and 50 tone jack I had from when I had my company.
Having a set of disks scimed next week
Never ben used just a bit of rust
Bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Would you have had more pictures but phototherapy guy decided he wanted to go play football with the his mates so her to are the only two
IMG_20160410_103112.jpg IMG_20160410_103058.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nothing major:
  • the other day I made a 'bespoke' door gate for the side sliding door (using an old metal baby gate) and then yesterday I adjusted it so it can be opened outwards as well as inwards and made a permanent way to hold it open (slopes etc)

• put a couple of door knobs on the top of the lower cupboard doors so that we don't have to keep bending down to grab hold of the push/pull knobs all the time when stationary (I'd already fitted magnetic catches to the doors to keep them closed if we're on a bit of a slope)

• unscrew and removed one of the large kitchen unit drawers so I could get to the bottom of the unit to fish out all the bits that had dropped over the rear/sides of the drawers; then fixed some flexi-plastic chopping boards/placemats inside the drawers on the backs and sides above the original height so nothing can escape that way again!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Had to replace the fuse in the nightght heter in truck
enough with the fixing the work truck, how is the new gearbox and brakes on the mh going?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yesterday I refitted the rear wheel on the Wing, along with the tow bar.. Just got to refit the rear panel and number plate today..
Then in to the van to refit some of the gear I had to remove to get the vinyl laid..
Then start loading up ready for Peterborough

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Got back from work fitted all the ancillary bits after re fiting gear box just have a few things to do before we head off for the weekend

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Had a new instrument pod fitted under warranty (Peugeot), various lights came on when cruise control switched on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back