What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (9 Viewers)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Went over to the storage, filled the tank half full of water (it had been drained down) with some puriclean and flushed through the whole system. Nice fresh water now. rubbed down and repainted the corroded alloy wiper blade mount and also gave the van a good wash. Ready to gol

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Removed the tap from the Globecar replacing it with a swan neck kind with upright handle took the sink out to get to lock nut. Kept knocking the tap on when opening up sink lid if i forgot to turn the handle round. Water everywhere..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20200622_110947.jpg
    20200622_110947.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 61

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi there. Which Maxxair do you have ? Is it the Deluxe version remotely controlled and tinted top? Sorry I have been told there are two or three versions?
Trying to get some information on one before we take the plunge! Are they good enough?
regards Kev
Hi I got the maxfan deluxe model with remote control and the internal cover with the led lights built in really impressed with it fairly moves the air in the van I got the tint one bought from Jackson leisure who I found were the best price .

Bill and Tracey

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK2000
Exp
3 years on a STEEP learning curve
Managed to 'aquire' a 1000 watt inverter from a scrap van at work. Rewired using an old set of 3kw jump leads and an eBay battery isolator. It runs the missus 1200 watt hair dryer from cold so she's happy. It's a modified sine wave unit so I won't be plugging anything technical into it (phones, the TV if it comes with us). Also bought a small house alarm 7ah battery to run a dvd player for the grandkids (when they're not fighting on the overcab bed). Will also be using it to power a couple of usb fans when the nights get hot n stuffy. Rowter Farm next weekend, first time away since October. See you on the road.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Had a Bullfinch lpg outlet fitted by a local Caravan /Motorhome workshop lpg system fully pressure tested for 20 minutes static £138 all in so well pleased and a very neat job of the pipe work.
A876DA80-C16E-4C13-BD76-529FB9B1A2CE.jpeg

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
A few add ons during lock down :cool: Our Swift Escape didnt have the bronze dash so dismantled it all and fitted New Bronze Vents and no door blinds so purchased and fitted the Remis Door Blinds which were so easy (y) and lastly the Oxford Patriot Lock to secure the drivers seat in the rear facing position when away from the van, again a nice easy job.
Dashboard Blacknnp.jpg
Dashboard Bronze.jpg
Remis Cab blind.jpg
Seat lock.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My cable chasing continues. It’s a mess, but I don’t know what’s aftermarket, or Hymer. Somebody appears to have used much mains cable (twin core blue / brown) for various things, some of which is connected into the back of the fuse box. There’s evidence of an old CB radio, and at one time it had cruise control!

View attachment 399795View attachment 399796View attachment 399797View attachment 399798

Those photos are like a Stephen King novel to me.... TERRIFYING.. Threads like this prove how little I know about my van. :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry if silly question, but these 2 x 12v sockets and 3 prong sockets are in the same cupboard. Will they be connected to each other by ONE wire?

Since none of them work, will that be because a fuse has blown somewhere?

Sorry.. Please keep answers simple.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Air con re-gas. Saw a previous thead where garage charged £80.

2 cars needed a top up, as no cold output from aircon, so purchased a pressure gauge/top up unit and 3 cannisters of gas for approx £50 delivered. It takes literally 5 minutes to take a pressure reading and top up using a single cannister. You then only need to purchase additional cannisters as required. Lots of you tube videos on line.

Both cars now working as new.

I haven't looked at the Ducato setup but assume it is exactly the same as a car?

Hope this helps others.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Sorry if silly question, but these 2 x 12v sockets and 3 prong sockets are in the same cupboard. Will they be connected to each other by ONE wire?

I doubt the 12 v and 240v 3 prong sockets will be connected by one wire movan. The 3 pronged one, which I assume is a 240v domestic type socket, will only work from the ehu or inverter. The 12 v should be wired sepetatley. All might have their own fuses in line or at a box where they terminate. (y)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
A few add ons during lock down :cool: Our Swift Escape didnt have the bronze dash so dismantled it all and fitted New Bronze Vents and no door blinds so purchased and fitted the Remis Door Blinds which were so easy (y) and lastly the Oxford Patriot Lock to secure the drivers seat in the rear facing position when away from the van, again a nice easy job.View attachment 405955View attachment 405956View attachment 405957View attachment 405958
Got a company doing some window stickers if interested? Basically
1594486855474.png

Just waiting for them to get back to me with a cost. Inside or outside of the window

Kev

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
After the rotted exhaust end enabled the exhaust gases to melt the side of the underfloor loader, a jury repair was made. shunter did the deed on the exhaust with some gun gum and a small tin of peas (which were allegedly eaten). Hacked off most of the melted plastic and made a heat shield out of a disposable aluminium BBQ tray and glued on with epoxy.

FEA5CF2A-52FD-4B1C-9727-F96466889F80.jpeg
2D9CAE84-3FDF-4431-B119-BF7CEB22E8C8.jpeg

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Nowt exciting, cleaned up some locker handles that had seen better days. And adjusted and replaced dodgy screws in a couple of locker door hinges.
View attachment 365392

After a lot of elbow grease with wet and dry, followed by some UV laquer.
View attachment 365393

Happy though as been bugging me for a while and thought would have to replace them.
Found the post that I was looking for👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016

No, I think he has 2 USB sockets (12v) and one three pin mains socket (240v) so two seperate supplies.
Phil

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Last week or two been fettling a few bits,

Fitted a digital temp controller for the fridge fans, cleaned the igniter and gave the jets a good blast out while at it.

Took the fuel filler cover off and modified as was sticking out more than the rest of the bodywork and added a magnetic catch to reduce flapping in the wind.

Took the front grille off and resprayed it as was full of stone chips, also did the small panels above the headlights as were a different shade of white.

Fitted some mudflaps

Replaced my BM1 with the bluetooth version to save cutting a hole in the cupboard as don't need it on display fulltime.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Last week or two been fettling a few bits,

Fitted a digital temp controller for the fridge fans, cleaned the igniter and gave the jets a good blast out while at it.

Took the fuel filler cover off and modified as was sticking out more than the rest of the bodywork and added a magnetic catch to reduce flapping in the wind.

Took the front grille off and resprayed it as was full of stone chips, also did the small panels above the headlights as were a different shade of white.

Fitted some mudflaps

Replaced my BM1 with the bluetooth version to save cutting a hole in the cupboard as don't need it on display fulltime.
Ré mud flaps - We are looking for front ones for the new Ducato . Is that what you have and if so where did you buy them please ?

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016

Ay up. Start a new thread in Technical, add a photo of the cupboard and the sockets, and you’ll get loads of help. Sounds like 2 x 12v sockets and a 230v mains socket, so totally different circuits. The 12v sockets should work all the while 12v is switched on. 230v sockets, in general, only when on mains hook up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back