What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (2 Viewers)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Did you use a generic type thermistor, or did you manage to find a Fiat Replacement part?

I could only find one listed for the Fiat 500...is it the same?

Do you have any details please?
See this post, I replaced mine.

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
My cable chasing continues. It’s a mess, but I don’t know what’s aftermarket, or Hymer. Somebody appears to have used much mains cable (twin core blue / brown) for various things, some of which is connected into the back of the fuse box. There’s evidence of an old CB radio, and at one time it had cruise control!

7BB6A460-3D34-4396-B662-3A35EAAC63D7.jpeg
F52A2B0D-6FB1-47AE-9DB4-83078164EFF4.jpeg
23D4F403-6801-4A3E-8D06-F25AC4EABE00.jpeg
FD54A8D7-90DD-40C4-9D2C-F8F77E19653B.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The water pump (hab area)
Reich pump has two sides to it so if one fails the second side delivers water, albeit at a lower flow rate.
I somehow managed to burn out one side but got a new pump under warranty.
Reasonably easy to replace as if I wanted the dealer to do it I would have had to have taken the van in for 3 days before they could touch it (covid)
At least I know how to do it now.
IMG_20200619_141614.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The water pump (hab area)
Reich pump has two sides to it so if one fails the second side delivers water, albeit at a lower flow rate.
I somehow managed to burn out one side but got a new pump under warranty.
Reasonably easy to replace as if I wanted the dealer to do it I would have had to have taken the van in for 3 days before they could touch it (covid)
At least I know how to do it now.
View attachment 399849
Ooooooo you have really b******d it haven't you? Easy to diagnose the problem though. Looking at that I would guess that you have let it run without any water in the tank for a long time. Easy to do if you just catch a tap and slightly open it when you have drained down the water tank.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Carbon monoxide alarm was bleeping (battery problem) when we picked it up from storage for the fist time since December so we had too get a new one.
Started loading it for going away July 5th (hopefully). Ecviting.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Ooooooo you have really b******d it haven't you? Easy to diagnose the problem though. Looking at that I would guess that you have let it run without any water in the tank for a long time. Easy to do if you just catch a tap and slightly open it when you have drained down the water tank.
I think it happened when it would not start one time. No water flow at all but there was water in the tank. I eventually gave the pump a knock and it started to flow but with reduced volume. I'm guessing it heated up then.

Anyway, it is a warning about switching off the pump when drained down.

Thanks

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Intrigued? Whats the Blue gubbins?

Kev

Vacuum powered cruise control doohickey. This Ducato has the trusty steel cable between throttle pedal and injection pump. The blue thing uses vacuum power to pull a second steel cable, also attached to the injection pump, controlled by the cruise control ECU (also in that pile) to maintain speed (it also has a bit that monitors the speedo).

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Installed rear camera & ran cables towards front stopped at overcab as live needs extending & have to get some more cable.
Finished that the week before last & swopped reversing camera screen for the rear view & put reversing on the radio screen.

Is it the Deluxe version remotely controlled and tinted top? Sorry I have been told there are two or three versions?
yes it is. Mine has the solid white top although I believe there is a smoked one also & possibly clear ?
Works a treat especially the auto start at 25ºc & which the fan speed is controlled by the actual temperature. When fan is on slow speed it is soundless really.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Finished that the week before last & swopped reversing camera screen for the rear view & put reversing on the radio screen.

yes it is. Mine has the solid white top although I believe there is a smoked one also & possibly clear ?
Works a treat especially the auto start at 25ºc & which the fan speed is controlled by the actual temperature. When fan is on slow speed it is soundless really.
Just ordered one thanks Gus. Hopefully it will be far better than the Omnivent jobby?

Kev (y) ;)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think it happened when it would not start one time. No water flow at all but there was water in the tank. I eventually gave the pump a knock and it started to flow but with reduced volume. I'm guessing it heated up then.

Anyway, it is a warning about switching off the pump when drained down.

Thanks
Could be, but I would be surprised if it overheated to such an extent to melt the plastic when it was submerged. The water would normally conduct the heat away and keep it cool. More likely it would not start because it was already goosed. But you will never know for sure.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When I sorted the wiring for the solar and leisure batteries on my van I found the two core between the two batteries under the false floor was domestic two core.
Surely any thing to do with vehicles 12 volt systems should never be domestic single core cables.

MichaelWB

Free Member
Jan 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota SE
Exp
Since 1990
This may be useful to someone in the future, went into my Dakota yesterday morning and found the Sargent controller had disabled itself saying that the engine was running. Of course the engine wasn't. Did the usual checks and reset but nothing changed. Phoned the technical help at Sargent and got some advice from them ( they were great so shout out to them) and traced the fault to a water logged relay. This relay is located very close to the vehicle battery and has a yellow and red wire going from it to the PSU2000 unit in the motorhome. When the ignition is switched on the relay puts 12 volts along this wire into the Sargent unit and disables it. With the relay more or less waterlogged it shorted out the contacts causing the fault. We had a tremendous amount of rain over the last two days so it found it's way into the engine bay. Took relay apart and dried on a radiator at home , replaced when dry and all is good. Have refixed relay where it hopefully won't get wet again and ordered spare just in case.
Hope this helps someone in the future.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I put two Varta LFD90 batteries in our E510 last month, but the starter battery gave up the other day, while struggling to lower the electric steps. The previous owner told me it was bought in 2017, which checks out, but standing for long periods didn't do it any good at all as it measured only 9.1V! Better safe than sorry...
Battery Megastore for a 100Ah Hankook, which I have now fitted - after a struggle with the two clamping bolts, which I'm sure have never seen any grease in their 22 years, and of course the fiendish location! The big strong young man next door was recruited and he made it look easy.
New batteries and brakes means we will start and stop OK. Just waiting for the bit in between...
John

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
I put two Varta LFD90 batteries in our E510 last month, but the starter battery gave up the other day, while struggling to lower the electric steps. The previous owner told me it was bought in 2017, which checks out, but standing for long periods didn't do it any good at all as it measured only 9.1V! Better safe than sorry...
Battery Megastore for a 100Ah Hankook, which I have now fitted - after a struggle with the two clamping bolts, which I'm sure have never seen any grease in their 22 years, and of course the fiendish location! The big strong young man next door was recruited and he made it look easy.
New batteries and brakes means we will start and stop OK. Just waiting for the bit in between...
John
Hi John.

Where did you put the two Varta batteries? We have one ~110Ah battery next to the passenger seat (LHD, in the original Ducato door exit step). Looks pretty full with that one battery, but I guess a second, smaller one would fit under the passenger seat.

Ta. 🙂

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Done nofin, recent, Still waiting for the insurers to get back with the decision on who/what/when/where. they are going to deal with the crash damage.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Hi John.

Where did you put the two Varta batteries? We have one ~110Ah battery next to the passenger seat (LHD, in the original Ducato door exit step). Looks pretty full with that one battery, but I guess a second, smaller one would fit under the passenger seat.

Ta. 🙂
Ours is LHD too. The safe is under the passenger seat. The second battery is under the bench seat behind the passenger seat.

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
The safe is under the passenger seat. The second battery is under the bench seat behind the passenger seat.
Thanks.

No bench seat behind the passenger for us as that’s the table and gas locker. The bench seat behind the driver has the fresh water tank. We do have under the passenger seat free....

Egbert

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo IT734
Exp
Since 2017
I got my (my motorhome’s not mine personally!) damp test done last Monday at Southdown Motorhomes. I’m now £118 lighter but Egbertha’s warranty is preserved.
Booked brake cable recall inspection with Adam Morey for next Friday.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Replaced the daft waste water connector for the flexible hose for draining. You had to get on your back to connect to it or rely on getting the vehicle into the best place before opening the drain valve. Bought a FAWO water connector for 40mm pipe - much bigger than UK outfits and fitted on the skirt with two support struts underneath for stability. Now I lift the flap and connect the hose without have to grovel underneath. Used suitable spray paint to match the colour of the skirt left over from respraying the upper front radiator cover

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back