What have you done to your motorhome today? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Finally cleaned the winter off the Carthago. Leaving for our winter holiday this week ... delayed from Feb, then March, then April ...
IMG_3677 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thule slide bike rack fitted. Cracking piece of kit and so easy to install. A shout out to Rose Awnings too for a great price and exceptional delivery service.
View attachment 893299
I've got the same rack, great piece of kit although surprisingly heavy!
Fantastic service from Rose Awnings as well, top outfit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
Started removing the rear spring assisters/bump stops in preparation for fitting semi air. So far so good, taking it steady so as not to shear off the bolts!

A decision I hope I don’t regret - it needs to be finished tomorrow as we’re hoping to go away for the weekend after work on Friday… 🫣

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Started removing the rear spring assisters/bump stops in preparation for fitting semi air. So far so good, taking it steady so as not to shear off the bolts!

A decision I hope I don’t regret - it needs to be finished tomorrow as we’re hoping to go away for the weekend after work on Friday… 🫣
One of the jobs on my list ....

Today's tasks, sat nav, with dedicated concealed wiring and multi usb fast charging port.

IMG_20240508_192738.jpg

IMG_20240508_192731.jpg

Now just need to wire up the new USB port. I removed the old usb port from the dash but kept all the cables etc intact and pushed it all further down into the void where it now serves to power the dash cam, with all the wires routed and hidden. I've got that many jobs on the go though that I've lost the bloody cables to power the new usb, so I will need to get some tomorrow so I can get the usb port (which is supposed to be a lot faster charging) up and working.
While I'm doing that, I might add a feed to the sat nav so I don't have loads of cables/leads everywhere in view. I easily fall into the trap of inventing a new job before I finish the one I'm working on, though I'm slowly working my way through all the 'i would like' list ....though I'm sure I can think of some more

Next on the list are;
External 240 socket for outside cooking
External solar panel plug in for foldable solar
Fridge fans
Electric step

They are all 'linked', in that the cable runs will all be done at the same time from leisure battery compartment to the fridge cupboard area and the jobs then finished one by one as time allows.

Then, when time allows;
Starlink install - 12v and ditch the 48v feed plus install new router, I will prob add a power cable back to the leisure battery cupboard so I can make an external connection or through the roof connection and have it on a separate circuit rather than connect into an existing circuit. This will be followed by semi air on the rear, already identified the kit to use and watched loads of YouTube videos, several times over to get a 'feel' for the job. Looks to be within my skill set !

I am also investigating a dusk dawn sensor .... totally unnecessary BUT .. we have a vanbitz growler and it has a toggle button to 'dim' the blue flashing LED's at night time so as not to annoy 'the neighbours', I want it to dim automatically so I don't need to remember to do it. Whether that is even possible, I don't know ....

So plenty of mods to keep me busy over the next few months, just thinking about them makes me tired 😴... But it's all the little tweaks we all make that turns our motorhomes into our motorHOMES ..

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
New cassette and toilet seat fitted today (old cassette was leaking 🤢),we always carry a spare for festivals etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Cleaned all the bugs off the the front of the cab - just under 3 hours work. This was after a one day tour of the Derbyshire Dales. I didn't know there were so many bugs in the Derbyshire Dales who can cling on.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Day started off bad with a visit to the doctors where he gave me the spinning finger😳😢😢
Got better after that😁 drove the van up to the frozen t North to have warranty and a bit of paintwork then picked up by a Funster and taken out by him and his wife for Curry and Cobra 😁😁many thanks to Ady and Val WESTY66 for the hospitality, now have to fight on the railways tomorrow to get back home as seems to be loads of delays🤬🤬

Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
We drove it to Penistone (Yorks). I did a 30 mile cycle in wonderful countryside while my wife mooched around the town and loved it.

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Following on from ‘how bloody much’ £82 for a replacement diesel cap(without lock barrel or key) fitted a replacement as mentioned by Grasmere9👍
Fitted a £22 replacement (postage included 🙂)
IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0230.jpeg

The cap is locked in place with the key so no wriggle and twist to try too lock it which caused me to snap the plastic lugs in the first place👍

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0230.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back