What birds do you get in your garden (3 Viewers)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sad in my garden this morning
into the conservatory for my morning cup of tea and as usual watch the birds that come to visit each day.
This morning the little Robin that has been visiting and coming and waiting for his meal worm's while I have my tea, well I thought he was poorly as he had his feathers puffed out all the time and that's not good
Anyway this morning he is sitting in the lawn under the Budleigh Bush when he seen me he with great difficulty made his way up the lawn to me, as he got to the edge of the lawn he just wobbled over so I went out and picked him up he did not struggle at all I gave him a bit of water which he took then just laid down in my hand and died, poor little thing seemed to have waited to come and say goodbye.

I was so pleased Eddie was with me because no one would have believed me, he is now buried under his favourite tree, and I shed a few tears.
Fly free my little friend.
IMG_20190720_134808.jpg

Taken a couple of days ago.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sad in my garden this morning
into the conservatory for my morning cup of tea and as usual watch the birds that come to visit each day.
This morning the little Robin that has been visiting and coming and waiting for his meal worm's while I have my tea, well I thought he was poorly as he had his feathers puffed out all the time and that's not good
Anyway this morning he is sitting in the lawn under the Budleigh Bush when he seen me he with great difficulty made his way up the lawn to me, as he got to the edge of the lawn he just wobbled over so I went out and picked him up he did not struggle at all I gave him a bit of water which he took then just laid down in my hand and died, poor little thing seemed to have waited to come and say goodbye.

I was so pleased Eddie was with me because no one would have believed me, he is now buried under his favourite tree, and I shed a few tears.
Fly free my little friend.
View attachment 319512
Taken a couple of days ago.
That's so sad Carol.
I've found 2 dead blackbirds and a goldfinch in the garden the last fortnight. I wonder if there's a virus going around.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It’s sad Carol, but they don’t live long, you have given him a great break in life by feeding him. I say him because he let you feed him ?

Nature is so giving yet so cruel x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's so sad Carol.
I've found 2 dead blackbirds and a goldfinch in the garden the last fortnight. I wonder if there's a virus going around.
Could be he was very thin strange thing is the garden has been remarkably quiet for the rest of the day whereas it's usually has a lot of different birds. :oops2:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Could be he was very thin strange thing is the garden has been remarkably quiet for the rest of the day whereas it's usually has a lot of different birds. :oops2:

I had one of those moments today, turned round and saw Lola, sat large as she was about 10 feet away

She wasn't of course, but then she was of course ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had one of those moments today, turned round and saw Lola, sat large as she was about 10 feet away

David that definitely happens when we lost our Britt (our gorgeous Boxer) age 10 I saw her as clear as anything 6 or 7 times over the first 18 months of loosing her, take it as a comfort she is keeping a eye on you.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

:hugs:
Still see/ hear/ feel my border collie boys after 24 years .....

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Been up to Staffordshire this weekend to see max’s Son and DIL and baby granddaughter one of their cats had a huge magpie in its mouth on their back lawn.....the magpie was still alive and trying to get free ... it did eventually manage to fly away

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
It’s not been a good week so far for the sparrows in our garden....yesterday evening the local sparrow hawk pounced on one and this morning”Jeremy“ next doors cat caught one
This is one of the culprits
3DAA542C-C6AE-4301-9A4C-8E11BD27958B.jpeg

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It’s not been a good week so far for the sparrows in our garden....yesterday evening the local sparrow hawk pounced on one and this morning”Jeremy“ next doors cat caught one
This is one of the culprits
View attachment 328773
Funny how prejudices show... With the sparrow-hawk I think "that's nature", but with the cat I think "blxxdy cat". ?

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Funny how prejudices show... With the sparrow-hawk I think "that's nature", but with the cat I think "blxxdy cat". ?
I agree Wendy the cat doesn’t need to catch birds whereas the sparrow hawk is feeding himself. We’ve tried all ways to keep the cat out.
We have a brook that runs between us and next door but he just jumps over it as he’s quite a big cat.
The chap next door is an ex labour MP and the cat is called after Jeremy Corbyn :oops:

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
spotted this little bird at fort William
Can anyone identify him?

1-DSC_0486.JPG

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've had up to half a dozen long-tailed tits coming to our feeder this month. Not seen them in the garden before. Might be just chance or a sign they are unusually hungry?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back