What are your thoughts about this? (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You'd like it for the novelty it is, but I think it would soon wear off.

I had a look at this last week and soon ruled it out.

You'd be better off getting a PVC for that price or VW. I should imagine it would be difficult to shift on in later years.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Reminds me a bit of a Romahome Duo on steroids! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
<Broken link removed>

Is this a one off or are there others like this, I don’t mean the demountable type. I quite like the concept of it, we are humming and hawing about a day van/campervan and I have never seen anything like this before.
I think I've seen others, not sure if I've seen the guy Alan Heath who posts MoHo reviews on youtube do a review(s) of summat similar.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I like it, as others have said to get way a bit remote for a few days, bang on....overpriced ? dunno.

OP
OP
Alex and Lesley
Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
You'd like it for the novelty it is, but I think it would soon wear off.

I had a look at this last week and soon ruled it out.

You'd be better off getting a PVC for that price or VW. I should imagine it would be difficult to shift on in later years.
I already have a Navara pick up which is one of the reasons seeing this intrigued me, how did it look in the flesh? Did it look well put together or a bit Heath Robinson?
Not really interested in a PVC tbh, a VW or a Merc Vito could be an option but prices are ridiculous!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I already have a Navara pick up which is one of the reasons seeing this intrigued me, how did it look in the flesh? Did it look well put together or a bit Heath Robinson?
Not really interested in a PVC tbh, a VW or a Merc Vito could be an option but prices are ridiculous!
Don't forget it's plus VAT so the total cost will be £37,500 + £7,500 = £45,000.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sorry, I've misled you. I reviewed it online and looked at all the photos, I never went to physically view it.

I'd easily consider a demountable as the yank ones on YouTube look brilliant. Shame the ones in the uk aren't as nice, or as spacious.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Have you researched the “known problems” of Ford Rangers”? If not,probably worth doing so. I know nothing about them,except that two of my neighbours sons have them,and they both have had big problems with reliability.

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
I saw lots of similar setups when I lived in Australia. Makes sense when you're guaranteed 4-6 months of good weather. I can't see it being the most versatile accommodation in the UK though!

OP
OP
Alex and Lesley
Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Have you researched the “known problems” of Ford Rangers”? If not,probably worth doing so. I know nothing about them,except that two of my neighbours sons have them,and they both have had big problems with reliability.
Thanks I considered one last year but no I haven’t as I find that the Navara’s have been bad enough!

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
For Interest
Next years VW Amorok will be 99.9% Ford Ranger with VW badging 😧😧

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
If you own a vat reg business, it can slip through as a work vehicle , reclaim the vat & your not taxed on it so may makes sense for some people
But you might pay personal car tax on it, BIK.

As far as I know, “ you may” get away with if it’s payload (unlikely in this case) is over 1 metric ton. You only pay commercial vehicles tax. As it’s a leisure vehicle, you can’t.

if that what you wanted to do . Better off buying a pick up and de-mountable

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back