What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The 94 year old mother in law arrives today for 5 days.

On a brighter note we have a black Labrador arriving today. Just for Christmas!. Looking after her for a medical assistant dogs charity.
That was a like for the Labrador! We have my 92 year old mil here now. Pleasure trip after the new year ( taking her home!)

Jun 17, 2021
Beverley, UK
Funster No
MH
Florium magister74ml
Exp
Been caravanner for over thirty years,now going to have motorhome very soon.
By the way, as it's my birthday today those that can get themselfts to The Meat House on William St Perth Australia by this evening before 6pm i will buy their beer and a steak of their choice.:xThumb:
How strange we are just round the corner from thier,see you soon…

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Well today preparing MHome for our drive up to Lancashire tomorrow. I'm sure the M6 will cause us some grief but hopefully I can encourage management out the house by 0700🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yipeeeeee our first time out since our loss of power problems, really look forward to the trip. Lancashire, Cheshire, Derbyshire then Yorkshire. Family Xmas trip🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
Enjoy lancs, it's wonderfully miserable ( weather) today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
I’m hoping to finish my diesel heater install, then Saturday night Christmas Eve going to the Congress pub with Pat, my daughter and son in law a good rock band plenty of Caffreys and finish off at Nidges kebab house Neck end (Longton) and all ready for Christmas.

John.
Wish we could join you in our Autocruise Rhythm which we are dying to try out in 2023,and we can invite you in for a drink 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hello panda nice to here from you, Pat and I hope that you’re both keeping well and enjoy your travels in your Autocruise Rhythm,
Happy Christmas and all the best for 2023.

John, Pat

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
What are my wife and me doing this weekend ? mainly trying to avoid catching COVID, it's rife now in this country, we still wear masks when shopping , most don't one of my son's has got COVID and boy is he I'll.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I note you didn’t stop to establish if the cyclist was injured.
Isn’t that a crime - “failing to stop at the scene of an accident”?
I must admit I wouldn’t have stopped either. You would probably have got a load of abuse after he’d spat his teeth out!
I don’t know why but that video made me laugh.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hoping to fly back today to UK flight delayed :unsure:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We arrived at Castello de la Plana yesterday and are on the MH parking near to the astronomy dome. Only supposed to stay 2 nights but planning on being rebels and stopping tomorrow night too ... unless we're told there's no room at the inn by the local plod which I can't see happening especially as there are still quite a few places available. If they get funny I'll have to get hubby to do his donkey impression (stubborn ... nothing else!). :LOL:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Yes i know it's the start of the week but today as all the pubs and restaurants are closed (we didn't know they were until we went for a few pints and grub) we BBQed.
Nephew brings the BBQ out, GAS, i'm not eating food off that contraption i moaned, well starve he say's as in Perth in the suburbs it is on high alert for fire and Mundaring where we are is thick forest so NO fire BBQs allowed.
The sausage, lamb chops and pork ribs were lovely.
What a lovely evening with family (pics will be in the Australia thread tomorrow.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yes i know it's the start of the week but today as all the pubs and restaurants are closed (we didn't know they were until we went for a few pints and grub) we BBQed.
Nephew brings the BBQ out, GAS, i'm not eating food off that contraption i moaned, well starve he say's as in Perth in the suburbs it is on high alert for fire and Mundaring where we are is thick forest so NO fire BBQs allowed.
What a lovely evening with family (pics will be in the Australia thread tomorrow.

When I was in Oz 50+yrs ago and Perth was just a small city (before the America's Cup win changed all that) to know ones status, wealth, influence etc.

In Perth one asked, "How big is your lawn?"

In Melbourne, it was, "What school did you go to?"

In Sydney, one asked, "How much money have you got?"

I loved the straight talking Australians. :xThumb:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When I was in Oz 50+yrs ago and Perth was just a small city (before the America's Cup win changed all that) to know ones status, wealth, influence etc.

In Perth one asked, "How big is your lawn?"

In Melbourne, it was, "What school did you go to?"

In Sydney, one asked, "How much money have you got?"

I loved the straight talking Australians. :xThumb:
One trait i like about them, staight talking, to the point, no bull s.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Is Perth a good place to visit ? I dislike flying but daughter in law's father lives there, and he invited us at my son and daughter in law's wedding to go there, I said yes we would go I must have been intoxicated !! 😄🧑‍🎄

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Is Perth a good place to visit ? I dislike flying but daughter in law's father lives there, and he invited us at my son and daughter in law's wedding to go there, I said yes we would go I must have been intoxicated !! 😄🧑‍🎄

There used to be a great place a few clicks South of there called Cape Naturliste, well worth a drive along the coast to visit if they haven't spoilt it?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Tony, like anywhere in the world some will love a place others not so.
Some places i love around the world some on here hate ditto for me.
Perth Australia is a a place it's difficult not to love. It has just about everything you would want in a vacation or indeed to live.
I would find it hard to believe you would not like it.
GO

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Quiet Christmas. Eating and walking the dog.

Trip to the White Cliffs for a longer walk....

Attachments

• IMG_20221225_130636964_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221225_130636964_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20221226_135242756.jpg
    IMG_20221226_135242756.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 19
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Realised it is that time of year to plan ferries. last year we were 'out' July, August and September. It was too hot in S. Spain with 40+ for 10 days. We want 3 months but trying to come to decisions this weekend about which months are best,

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Today moving furniture around, wife loves changing around , me, I hate it, I've often said to the Mrs.my Mum never moved furniture around, she always has the same answer " I'm not your Mum " !! , O Dear🥴

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We have had such a good drive down to Spain we have arrived a few days earlier than planned. As we have never been to Benidorm and our friends have always nagged us to go, we arrived about 2 hours ago.

So this weekend we will take in the procession, the fireworks, an Elvis show and a drag queen extravaganza! Well, whilst in Benidorm, why not let your hair down and have some fun 😉 😜 😄

Have a great time ine whatever you are up to!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
Have just done the Magic Kings parade locally - kids sugared to the hilt on cheap sweets (some actually threw them at my parade - thought that was illegal!!) and expecting Spanish Kings presents in the morning - the little Christmas I suppose (I hope my ex. is taking care of that cos I did Santa Claus). Then ordering 3 new window catches for the diner window after the feckers broke in through it on Boxing Day - am so lucky the plastic window didn't give way.

The weather in Spainland is wonderful these days so all who are here - chairs out and a bottle of Cava tomorrow to toast those Magic Kings!

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Realised it is that time of year to plan ferries. last year we were 'out' July, August and September. It was too hot in S. Spain with 40+ for 10 days. We want 3 months but trying to come to decisions this weekend about which months are best,
We went in late September last year for 12 weeks and the weather was perfect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back