What are you up to this weekend? (4 Viewers)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
First music festival of 2023 😎
82B11635-8782-4601-8E08-B5CEBC35930F.jpeg

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We've found out today that our campervan has to have a run out to clear it's wotchabits! So we're going to have a trip to Chatsworth site,stop the night, have a run back and hope it sorts itself out! These new fangled vans are a mystery to us 🙄🙄🙄

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
First music festival of 2023 😎
View attachment 703629

Am I the only one who gets nervous when I see the word 'ALTERNATIVE' on a poster I might be going too? :LOL:

Didn't know there was still a Butlins in Bognor, I thought it had been closed years ago? :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
This weekend? Partly resting after 3 horrible days in NICU including today's premmie thats had another brain bleed and now fitting, plus the full blown cardio respiratory arrest of the other baby at the same time, tell you what, doing cardiac compressions on a 2kg baby . So, while I should be resting on my "days off" I'm on call so who knows. :cry:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Am I the only one who gets nervous when I see the word 'ALTERNATIVE' on a poster I might be going too? :LOL:

Didn't know there was still a Butlins in Bognor, I thought it had been closed years ago? :unsure:
Not sure if they shut or closed for refurbishment sone when.
But I know they’ve held Rockaway Beach since 2015 and one of my employers made me come to a “boot camp” corporate event held at Bognor’s Butlins early in the 21st C. Maybe 2001 🤔

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.

That's worrying. My wife said she was there a few weeks ago with her friends. Interrogation time 😁.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Just finished washing the MHome, having been without it since end Oct and then away over Xmas, it was ready for a good clean. It took some time but worth it...... until we drive out of village in a month's time. 👍😀😭😭
IMG_20230107_153451.jpg

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Just finished washing the MHome, having been without it since end Oct and then away over Xmas, it was ready for a good clean. It took some time but worth it...... until we drive out of village in a month's time. 👍😀😭😭View attachment 704057
I see we live close by. Don’t suppose you want to do another one?👍🤣

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We were having a lazy start to the weekend after a bust few days when our son turned up unannounced. That normally means he wants some thing and we were right.
He has had a new bed delivered and wanted me to take his old bed to the tip so he had room to put his new bed together. His house is too small for two beds.
To my surprise we nearly got the bed, mattress and some junk in the Fiesta. It’s wasn’t far to go and with a few scout knots we tied the back door down.
Whist we were unloading at the tip a young lad from the staff asked if he could have the bed slats for his camper build.
I refuse to be kind to the kids and do anymore daft jobs until my back recovers!!! .

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We were having a lazy start to the weekend after a bust few days when our son turned up unannounced. That normally means he wants some thing and we were right.
He has had a new bed delivered and wanted me to take his old bed to the tip so he had room to put his new bed together. His house is too small for two beds.
To my surprise we nearly got the bed, mattress and some junk in the Fiesta. It’s wasn’t far to go and with a few scout knots we tied the back door down.
Whist we were unloading at the tip a young lad from the staff asked if he could have the bed slats for his camper build.
I refuse to be kind to the kids and do anymore daft jobs until my back recovers!!! .
Don't blame you, after 4 years renovating, his bungalow, help put a bedroom in roof, which I was glad to help, then seeing my son marry a young lady with a 12 year old daughter now 18 , seeing her slowly destroying her bathroom and bedroom, leaving food all over the place , I've had enough. and seems to be living a nightmare!!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Don't blame you, after 4 years renovating, his bungalow, help put a bedroom in roof, which I was glad to help, then seeing my son marry a young lady with a 12 year old daughter now 18 , seeing her slowly destroying her bathroom and bedroom, leaving food all over the place , I've had enough. and seems to be living a nightmare!!
But is he happy 😊 teenagers can be a nightmare and it is to be lived in, I had a teenager who when being left alone completely trashed the house .now she has her own house to trash .how she chooses to live is her issue.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
But is he happy 😊 teenagers can be a nightmare and it is to be lived in, I had a teenager who when being left alone completely trashed the house .now she has her own house to trash .how she chooses to live is her issue.
Ye he's happy, he now has a 9 month old Daughter which he dotes on, he supports and tries to help/ teacher to drive, but she didn't go to school has been in and out of work, thank god she accepts she needs mental help, but can she get it no

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Ye he's happy, he now has a 9 month old Daughter which he dotes on, he supports and tries to help/ teacher to drive, but she didn't go to school has been in and out of work, thank god she accepts she needs mental help, but can she get it no
Sounds like she's had it difficult and now has stability wish them all well

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
On Saturday we will be catching the ferry from Picton (South Island) to Wellington (North Island) for five weeks touring of the North Island. Unfortunately, the east coast has just had a cyclone go through. Many of the places we planned to visit may be off limits. We can't postpone our trip because we have got two lots of house exchange guests from Hawaii staying in our house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back