What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
marchie I've just read the advert here:

<Broken link removed>

It says it's 2021 but that'll be once registered so 'new' and unregistered at present. What you need to ask is what the build date is which will be on the COC, if they haven't got that yet then they can look at some of the components, eg the engine hoses which should have a date on, this will give you the earliest date it was built, obviously it could be quite a bit later but that would be unusual as they tend to be 'just in time' parts.

We nearly bought a 'new and unregistered' 2 year old Carthago which we had been told was 1 year old, we got out of that once we discovered it and bought a 1 year old one, which cost us a little bit more but was a better kitted out model with an auto box which was something hubby had wanted for a long time.

What's the payload on the Sunlight?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like they might have stopped doing the T60 version:

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Small world! My sons attended Angmering School many years ago when Ilived in Worthing, and elder son has 'returned to the scene of the crime' to set up home in the Goring area.

Steve
Small world indeed, Goring is only a couple of miles away from us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
marchie I've just read the advert here:

<Broken link removed>

It says it's 2021 but that'll be once registered so 'new' and unregistered at present. What you need to ask is what the build date is which will be on the COC, if they haven't got that yet then they can look at some of the components, eg the engine hoses which should have a date on, this will give you the earliest date it was built, obviously it could be quite a bit later but that would be unusual as they tend to be 'just in time' parts.

We nearly bought a 'new and unregistered' 2 year old Carthago which we had been told was 1 year old, we got out of that once we discovered it and bought a 1 year old one, which cost us a little bit more but was a better kitted out model with an auto box which was something hubby had wanted for a long time.

What's the payload on the Sunlight?
Thank you for the info, Minxy, that's very useful! Claimed payload seems to vary according to which Review you read ... 'Out & About' said 865kg [2015] and then 761kg in 2017. Practical Motorhome said 716kg and the Dealer says just over 700kg, so I'm working on the lower figure.

Elaine and I are never going to be Slimmer of the Year Winners, so I've deducted the allowance for our combined weight from the 75kg for Driver + vehicle fluids, and made allowance for a full tank of diesel, and fresh water [120kg combined], 40kg for 2 bikes, 125kg for clothes, crocks, bedding + table & chairs and 42kg for gas incl bottles which comes to about 432kg, so 65% or thereabouts. I've over estimated for the bike weights & clothes, but if you can see any [inevitable] glaring errors or omissions, I would welcome your advice!

We want to travel light [so I've got to cure my anal retentive/OCD traits, principally 'take one more, Justin Case', that really should have been my name] and to keep it simple, and reliable [so that I slim down my toolkit which has even more just in case clobber], hence wanting to buy new.

What we know about motorhomes and tuppence wouldn't buy us a penny bun, so any advice/tips etc ,especially of the 'DON'T DO THAT!' variety would be much appreciated!

Steve

Reactions: CWH

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Small world indeed, Goring is only a couple of miles away from us
I need to stay friends with you. Your Council Tax helps to pay my West Sussex County Council pension ... ;) I worked in a Bank for many years [back end of the Captain Mainwaring era], and used to write letters regularly to Lloyds Bank Registrar's Departnent, Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex re customers' dividends et al

In a positive light, I've had a long, and multi-faceted career; a less charitable view would be that when you work like I do, you have to keep moving into new fields ...

Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thank you for the info, Minxy, that's very useful! Claimed payload seems to vary according to which Review you read ... 'Out & About' said 865kg [2015] and then 761kg in 2017. Practical Motorhome said 716kg and the Dealer says just over 700kg, so I'm working on the lower figure.
It could be 700kg plus, we had a Chausson Flash 04 (2010 model) which was a very similar layout and that had an payload of over 700kg. The only downside for us was the width which was just too fat at 2.3m for where we liked to go, hence us downsizing to a PVC, then 2 others, before changing to our Carthago which is only 5cm wider than a PVC.

Check out the storage for stuff as you don't get the large overcab area due to the skylight etc so make sure there's sufficient for your needs.

Have you read the "Buyer's Guide" in the resources section? Its free for subscribers so have a shuftie at it.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Check out the storage for stuff as you don't get the large overcab area due to the skylight etc so make sure there's sufficient for your needs.

Have you read the "Buyer's Guide" in the resources section? Its free for subscribers so have a shuftie at it.
Thanks, Minxy. Yes, read the Buyer's Guide cover to cover yesterday [Duvet Day during lousy weather] so my head was spinning! We'll have a better idea when we can actually see amotorhome 'in the flesh'. We're probably still at the stage of ruling models out, at least on paper, but we may well revisit some of the eliminated models, and will undoubtedly rule out some contenders when 3 dimensional viewing happens. An inevitable consequence of having no motorhome experience on which to start building. I'm also trying to quell my excitement and shiny kit syndrome before the Bank requests that I return to Planet Earth, but that's when a set of wheels comes in handy :LOL:

Steve

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Remember i said we were going into the dessert for a BBQ, well it didn't happen, WHY, cause where we intended to go there was a daft Lycra clad by-cycle race going on so they closed the roads in the area we wanted to go. Pests.
So it WILL happen tomorrow, Sunday when they are all back at work.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
On Saturday morning we're both off to get our first Covid vaccination then immediately afterwards we're going to my wifes aunt's funeral. We've both just discovered that neither of us have suitable clothes that fit us :Eeek: and absolutely no chance of getting anything. :doh:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Great start to the weekend. Out on the motorbike this morning. Bacon and sausage butty and black coffee for lunch. Out for around 6 miles with the dog. 40 minutes on the weights. Pie and peas for tea and a few beers this evening. Now I know why we call it good Friday 👍🏻🏍🍺🐕

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Gave the moho a shakedown 3 weeks prior to first trip out this year . She’s all good , cleaned ? Check , water systems ? Check . Electric bed table etc ? Check . Cushions put back into their normal position ? - after a krypton factor moment - check .

then planted loads of flowers , repotted stuff , sat in the garden in the sun and had a few beers .

all is good

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Got my weekend in today.
Now allowed to travel within our local authority area so did a 90 mile round trip for fuel/ off the island.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Starting to decorate whole of inside o bungalow we have just bought at present still in coffee colour previous owners must have loved it my wife soon had the colour charts out ,😭 my son is putting in WiFi every room TV , and stuff I don't yet understand !! I know I will have to take a course on how to use all the gadgets that he find easy to explain and I find complicated much to his annoyance and frustration, O what it was like to be young !! ,😄

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Got zebedee out of storage, hubby did the big clean and wax...I finished work early, so back home, completely cleaned inside, every cranny!, Then started the big clear out from my ma's bedroom( ma has a room, when she feels like stopping with us).. Well it was rammed with all the bedding, cushion, quilts ect..all back in zebedee, ready to sort out tomorrow :clap: then back up the lock up..ready for mini trip to forest of Dean in couple of weeks🤞🤞:giggle:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Doing building work for one of our three kids/adults for free as per normal 🙄

Will the cycle ever end 🤷‍♂️😂

I sometimes wonder what it’s like not being able to be good with your hands.
Do people get frustrated or just live a blissful life 🤔😊

Last edited:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Doing building work for one of our three kids/adults for free as per normal 🙄

Will the cycle ever end 🤷‍♂️😂

I sometimes wonder what it’s like not being able to be good with your hands.
Do people get frustrated or just live a blissful life 🤔😊
Not blissful. They just remain content with their 'personal best' of 56 bricks laid in a day, with a builder's line that has 3 knots in it, repairing the cuts made by the trowel, and the knowledge that 56 is a good total, bearing in mind the need to run to the end of the footings and check visually that the last brick 'looks about true and level'... You miss out on the joys that I experience, like carrying my trowel of mortar in my right hand and a spare fistful in my left hand, just in case I haven't got enough for the brick to be bedded ... (y) 😂

Steve

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Her indoors is on shift all weekend in the NHS hospital (means we can grab the next 2 BH without any problems).........I'm cycling tomorrow with the boys then home Sunday in the workshop on a customer bike... seems the roads are busy tonight but we are off on the week leading up to the next BH weekend and pre half term.....heading North again.....

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
It’s a public holiday so staying home. We tend to stay home when most folk have holidays. We can go away when it’s quieter. Nothing to do with restrictions, Covid etc. We just don’t like crowds, particularly other people’s feral kids. Obviously like everyone else. Our own are very well behaved 😂😂😂🤭🤭

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are going to go for a walk in the Ennis Estate Bluebell Woods.

Walking through absolutely Millions of Bluebells.

Any of you jokers that are fortunate to live here in Cornwall I recommend doing it.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
My sister and brother in law are staying at Sutton on Sea so we agreed to meet and have a picnic lunch and maybe a walk tomorrow. As it’s bank holiday it might be tricky parking so we have agreed to meet in Mablethorpe. The car park at the sea sanctuary didn’t have a hight barrier and is near the beach.
Once we are home we will start getting ready for next weeks trip.

coventrydave

Free Member
Jan 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 810
Exp
Since 2017
Were just leaving in the van to spend a weekend in Oxford, catch up with my Mum and wander around that great city. How are you spending this weekend? Doing anything nice?
Tudor caravan park Slimbridge

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Signwriting one of the vehicles that may recover you. Hopefully not.

Attachments

• IMG-20210430-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210430-WA0002.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 27

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back