What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Were just leaving in the van to spend a weekend in Oxford, catch up with my Mum and wander around that great city. How are you spending this weekend? Doing anything nice?
We three of us have had a walk in one of our local parks today, about 30-40 minutes, back home, watched “Casualty" on the recording then an episode of Game of Thrones, episode 10 end of Series 3. Got series 4 now to watch on blue ray. Then watched “Bloodlands” with many interuptions due to my son having phone calls with his Ghanain wife out in Ghana over her mother causing trouble over our grandson so the head of the family called in to sort it out.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I think you are right. Only used the van for three days last year. We are hoping to go to the bring and buy first. Then on to the bash are you going to anything Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I think you are right. Only used the van for three days last year. We are hoping to go to the bring and buy first. Then on to the bash are you going to anything Brian.
We are also booked on the bring & buy (fingers crossed) and Riverbankannie's August Retreat in the Cotswolds.
Everything else has been cancelled so we shall just wait and see.

Look forward to catching-up over a wee dram.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Fitting the Stay Put on the sliding door, the window deflectors and the bonnet deflector on the Warwick on Sunday. Stock take at work Saturday 😢

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Putting the finishing touches to my car port ( the guttering ). Just glad I finished it before the wind and rain arrived 😁
E2AA5D65-12C1-43E8-8CC1-8435BA7CD961.jpeg
EA06A43A-8361-4526-BBA3-43ABA3D86042.jpeg
DA4A0BAF-65A1-46A9-8675-EDDD438F6BBE.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The wind is howling, driving torrential rain almost horizontally down the Forth Valley [we're about 100 metres directly opposite the Firth of Forth, and there's only the Links between us and the sea]. As I type this, rain has turned to snow [again], so why are we sitting trying to choose a motorhome [during lockdown!]

Steve

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The wind is howling, driving torrential rain almost horizontally down the Forth Valley [we're about 100 metres directly opposite the Firth of Forth, and there's only the Links between us and the sea]. As I type this, rain has turned to snow [again], so why are we sitting trying to choose a motorhome [during lockdown!]

Steve
The same reason that some of us are itching to get going in our already-chosen-and-bought motorhomes!
(It's gale & rain/ hail/ snow here too, over on the other side)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Tomorrow Friday (your Sunday??) HRH and i will go into the desert about 4/5pm find a very quiet spot. Light a portable BBQ (coals not daft gas) and BBQ sausages. A couple of bottles of Bud for me (driving you see), madam will have a gallon of G&T ish. Sundowners. Watch the sun go down then toddle off to our local for a few more scoops. Amble home happy and contented.
There.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The same reason that some of us are itching to get going in our already-chosen-and-bought motorhomes!
(It's gale & rain/ hail/ snow here too, over on the other side)
The stygian gloom that descended prevented me from seeing the Forth, much less those in the posh seats on the other side ;)

One of our favourite sites is the Isle D'Or opposite Amboise Chateau, a spectacular view. Looking at the Chateau on a beautiful late Summer's evening, I said to Elaine [who had said she could happily slum it and live in the Chateau ...], 'Ah, but just think; there's nobody in the Chateau, looking over at the campsite and thinking wistfully, 'Ooh, that'd be a nice place to live ...' (y)

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_2118 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    DSC_2118 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 10

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The stygian gloom that descended prevented me from seeing the Forth, much less those in the posh seats on the other side ;)
Ah - I wasn't clear - I mean the west side of the country - I'm in Skye - and haven't been able to see the headland opposite all day, either

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Ah - I wasn't clear - I mean the west side of the country - I'm in Skye - and haven't been able to see the headland opposite all day, either
It's taken me less than 24 hours of membership to make my first faux pas ... That's quite impressive, even by my own lamentable standards; I must be getting quicker in my dotage at opening my mouth to change feet :rolleyes:

Steve

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It's taken me less than 24 hours of membership to make my first faux pas ... That's quite impressive, even by my own lamentable standards; I must be getting quicker in my dotage at opening my mouth to change feet :rolleyes:

Stee
Aw bless... Don't worry, we'll look after you :*

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Aw bless... Don't worry, we'll look after you :*
That's all I need! Elaine as my Carer and MH Fun folk as my Minders ... :unsure: Gaga, but no Lady style of thing. I THINK I may have found my natural home, but not yet a motorhome; 'Close, but no cigar'. Per Ardua Ad Astra for those who enjoy the misery of owning a Vauxhall

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
What sort of mh are you after?
Been looking [online only] at a Sunlight T60 Active, small, reasonable kit without bling & gizmos, and decent payload. Only reservation is that I think the range has been discontinued, so I'm concerned about the impact on resale value if we do get the bug and decide to upgrade.

Steve

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I am going to our daughters house to help her boyfriend sort out the TV.
There’s lots of bits of wire sticking out of the walls and blanking plates. Apparently there are two aerials in the loft but it’s a bit of a rats nest up there.
In the sitting room there are six mains sockets in a row but no coax. There’s a double socket above each top cupboard in the kitchen.
There washing machine is in a cupboard on the dinning room side of the kitchen dinner not on the kitchen side as you would think. The gas boiler is in the loft.
There were cameras on all four corners of the house and wires trailing all over the outside walls. There mate took those down so it’s my turn now.
Its a lovely house that has had a fortune spent on it recently but there’s no logic to some of it.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Been looking [online only] at a Sunlight T60 Active, small, reasonable kit without bling & gizmos, and decent payload. Only reservation is that I think the range has been discontinued, so I'm concerned about the impact on resale value if we do get the bug and decide to upgrade.

Steve
Seems they still do 'em

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Seems they still do 'em
That's the actual m/h we've been looking at! The website doesn't mention a year, just 'new, in stock', and the Sunlight blurb makes no mention of the T60 in the current range, which made me think that perhaps the m/h had been bought in, as an earlier year model that had never been registered.

Just waiting to see if the promised collection of our Folding Caravan proceeds early next week before firming arrangements!

Steve

Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's the actual m/h we've been looking at! The website doesn't mention a year, just 'new, in stock', and the Sunlight blurb makes no mention of the T60 in the current range, which made me think that perhaps the m/h had been bought in, as an earlier year model that had never been registered.

Just waiting to see if the promised collection of our Folding Caravan proceeds early next week before firming arrangements!

Steve
It does seem to say it was registered this year. Maybe that doesn't mean what I thought it did.
Hmm, I'd maybe take a bit of time to consider whether to buy from a dealership so far away.
But, if it's the MH that you like, and want, then travelling if necessary for warranty fixes might be ok for you. Just a thought.
So if you want it, I hope that you get it!

I saw a tiny folding caravan once in Wales, wow what a neat idea!!!

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
It does seem to say it was registered this year. Maybe that doesn't mean what I thought it did.
Hmm, I'd maybe take a bit of time to consider whether to buy from a dealership so far away.
But, if it's the MH that you like, and want, then travelling if necessary for warranty fixes might be ok for you. Just a thought.
So if you want it, I hope that you get it!

I saw a tiny folding caravan once in Wales, wow what a neat idea!!!
The Gobur 'Folder' is a great idea, but, like everything camping, caravaning, motorhoming, there is a price to pay, and a compromise to make. It's super easy to tow, sitting about 15cm beneath the car roofline and not much wider than the car [41.99mpg when towing from Portsmouth Ferry back to Fife, arrived with still just over 1/3 tank of diesel after 510 mile trip so not bad for a full 1050kg MTPLM]. Packing down takes longer, because there is a strict sequence and very little footroom [ I can exit the van on 1 leg as long as Elaine is there to steady me!], and everything must be below the Fold Line, so your lounge seat is a little too low, as is the bed, the work surface availability makes a small motorhome look like a 5* hotel kitchen, and the available storage space is OK for a 2 week break, but not well suited to 2 months trip to France & Spain in Winter!

My favourite bit of the process is when you have the roof, front and back panels in place and you shout to any watchers, 'Do you want onions with your burger, sir/madam?'

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_110419 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    IMG_20180907_110419 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Love It
Reactions: CWH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!