Whale water and heating duo control panel, mind of its own!!! (1 Viewer)

Julspur

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Felixstowe, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2018
We have a "Whale" space heater in our Elddis motorhome, the control panel is a duo panel in that it operates both the water heater and the space heater. The space heater is working ok but the water heater control appears to have a mind of its own, Its fluctuating between , 1 bar , 2 bars 3 bars , gas and gas and electric. even though its not on EHU. it comes on and goes off on its own. tried resetting it, When its in this mode the touch controls do not work in that they will not switch between functions and cannot be turned off.

Oct 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Same problem with mine its an Elddis 2017 and my space heater control has started jumping between all settings and sometimes doesn’t work at all. I suspect it’s the control panel but would like to sure before I order a new one. Did you figure yours out? Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Julspur

Julspur

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Felixstowe, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2018
The only thing we can do is replace it when we get home from France, where we are now. Replacement is £199.

Upvote 0

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
It may not be the control panel - we slightly different whale controls (two circular touch controls - one for heating, one for water). The water has been misbehaving in a similar way - will not come on, random lights, etc.

So far we have had the control panel replaced, the wiring between the control panel and the water heater unit, the main water heater unit circuit board and still no cure. The theory now is that the problem is something called the LIN circuit board which is in the water heater main unit and does the job of communicating with the control panel. Once Whale send that part out to the dealer under warranty we will find out if it is the right diagnosis :)

cheers,

Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
For any one thats not under warranty call Propex as they have all parts and are reasonable i have just bought parts for control of the whale underslung water heater

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back