We're off at last ... watch out wild haggis here we come!

Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If you drive through New Abbey to Drumburn viewpoint you can stay the night there for free with no issues, its private land but the owner is happy with Mhs staying. https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...fc8c0067cefc573!8m2!3d54.9410039!4d-3.5935443
Nice one, then there is Powillimount Beach, the more suggestions the better.

Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Nice one, then there is Powillimount Beach, the more suggestions the better.

This is a lovely location but the pot holes on the access road are terrible just now and wouldn't want Minxy to rattle her falsers:):)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Back to tugging an E
Exp
since 2012
This is a lovely location but the pot holes on the access road are terrible just now and wouldn't want Minxy to rattle her falsers:):)
I've stayed in that first cottage with the small porch conservatory, loved it with direct access to beach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravan for 25 years then cottages and B&Bs for 15 before finally taking the plunge with PVC
If you get the chance call in at Loch Arthur for a cuppa and some really nice local produce
their Curried Piccalli is lovely

OP
Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Since 1996 we've had Elddis, Swift, Rapido, Rimor, Chausson MHs and Autocruise & Globecar PVCs
Unfortunately we are not on our way to Scotland :cry:... I'm not too good today so taking everything into account we've put it off and will go another time, I've got a phone consultation with the Dr tomorrow morning so will see what comes of that.

Proper fed up but the right decision I think, if we can get away at the weekend we'll go closer to home, maybe Wales, Lincolnshire etc, so that if needs be we can return easily.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravan for 25 years then cottages and B&Bs for 15 before finally taking the plunge with PVC
Unfortunately we are not on our way to Scotland :cry:... I'm not too good today so taking everything into account we've put it off and will go another time, I've got a phone consultation with the Dr tomorrow morning so will see what comes of that.

Proper fed up but the right decision I think, if we can get away at the weekend we'll go closer to home, maybe Wales, Lincolnshire etc, so that if needs be we can return easily.
Really hope you are well soon, you need to get to Scotland for a scenery change

OP
Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Since 1996 we've had Elddis, Swift, Rapido, Rimor, Chausson MHs and Autocruise & Globecar PVCs
Had a chat with another Dr today (much more productive) and he's arranged for me to have more thorough blood work done on 25th May (could've done it next week but still want to get away which he said should do me good), hopefully these tests will give a better idea of what's going on.

The upshot is that I'm just gonna try and get well enough so that we can get away on Sunday for a couple of weeks so are now planning on escaping on to Wales dragon hunting! :giggle:

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Good your getting away but guess what. I was talking to my Welsh cousin (14 times removed) and your out of luck dragon šŸ‰ hunting. All in Hibernation this time of year. Your not having much luck on your hunting trips are you. May I suggest a bit or worm šŸŖ± smuggling šŸŖ±. Good money to be made if you know how to do it properly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Good your getting away but guess what. I was talking to my Welsh cousin (14 times removed) and your out of luck dragon šŸ‰ hunting. All in Hibernation this time of year. Your not having much luck on your hunting trips are you. May I suggest a bit or worm šŸŖ± smuggling šŸŖ±. Good money to be made if you know how to do it properly.
Darn it ... never mind, will just have to make do with looking out for the infamous Llamhigyn Y Dwr instead ... might take some of the worms out of the garden as we have loads and it might help with the frog hunting!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Reading this thread has made me bite the bullet and book a couple of days away next week, not far but we'll see how we get on. I still don't see us leaving our region, this is in fact still our local guidance though further afield is permitted.