We're off at last ... watch out wild haggis here we come! (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If you drive through New Abbey to Drumburn viewpoint you can stay the night there for free with no issues, its private land but the owner is happy with Mhs staying. https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...fc8c0067cefc573!8m2!3d54.9410039!4d-3.5935443
Nice one, then there is Powillimount Beach, the more suggestions the better.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
This is a lovely location but the pot holes on the access road are terrible just now and wouldn't want Minxy to rattle her falsers:):)
I've stayed in that first cottage with the small porch conservatory, loved it with direct access to beach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Have a great trip.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
If you get the chance call in at Loch Arthur for a cuppa and some really nice local produce
their Curried Piccalli is lovely

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Think you might need snow boots as well as wellies, freezing here today!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unfortunately we are not on our way to Scotland :cry:... I'm not too good today so taking everything into account we've put it off and will go another time, I've got a phone consultation with the Dr tomorrow morning so will see what comes of that.

Proper fed up but the right decision I think, if we can get away at the weekend we'll go closer to home, maybe Wales, Lincolnshire etc, so that if needs be we can return easily.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Unfortunately we are not on our way to Scotland :cry:... I'm not too good today so taking everything into account we've put it off and will go another time, I've got a phone consultation with the Dr tomorrow morning so will see what comes of that.

Proper fed up but the right decision I think, if we can get away at the weekend we'll go closer to home, maybe Wales, Lincolnshire etc, so that if needs be we can return easily.
Really hope you are well soon, you need to get to Scotland for a scenery change

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I hope you feel better soon and can go on your trip

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Had a chat with another Dr today (much more productive) and he's arranged for me to have more thorough blood work done on 25th May (could've done it next week but still want to get away which he said should do me good), hopefully these tests will give a better idea of what's going on.

The upshot is that I'm just gonna try and get well enough so that we can get away on Sunday for a couple of weeks so are now planning on escaping on to Wales dragon hunting! :giggle:

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Good your getting away but guess what. I was talking to my Welsh cousin (14 times removed) and your out of luck dragon 🐉 hunting. All in Hibernation this time of year. Your not having much luck on your hunting trips are you. May I suggest a bit or worm 🪱 smuggling 🪱. Good money to be made if you know how to do it properly.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good your getting away but guess what. I was talking to my Welsh cousin (14 times removed) and your out of luck dragon 🐉 hunting. All in Hibernation this time of year. Your not having much luck on your hunting trips are you. May I suggest a bit or worm 🪱 smuggling 🪱. Good money to be made if you know how to do it properly.
Darn it ... never mind, will just have to make do with looking out for the infamous Llamhigyn Y Dwr instead ... might take some of the worms out of the garden as we have loads and it might help with the frog hunting!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Reading this thread has made me bite the bullet and book a couple of days away next week, not far but we'll see how we get on. I still don't see us leaving our region, this is in fact still our local guidance though further afield is permitted.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sweetheart Abbey ? No overnighting signs up there according to a thread running over the weekend :(
Bummer ... I didn't see the thread but have searched it out ... hubby will be peed off as it means he'll need to find another night stop, its a shame as we were looking forward to having a nice day there.

Just to update this, we've made it to Scotland today, the first night of our delayed Scottish foray, and are currently at Sweetheart Abbey where there are no prohibition signs at all. 🙂

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just to update this, we've made it to Scotland today, the first night of our delayed Scottish foray, and are currently at Sweetheart Abbey where there are no prohibition signs at all. 🙂
Believe D&G Council took away all the temporary parking restriction signs when Scotland relaxed COVID restrictions.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
You might have brought some sunshine with you lol :giggle:

Have a great time.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You might have brought some sunshine with you lol :giggle:

Have a great time.
Yeah, we picked the only part where rain was forecast! 😕

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Yeah, we picked the only part where rain was forecast! 😕
Thats down to poor planning Mel :unsure:
Well the south of England looks set for thunderstorms from midweek onwards, looks like it'll be hazy in Scotland, so we'll cross our fingers that the weather gods shine on you. :sun::sun::sun:

Where is tonight's stop?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thats down to poor planning Mel :unsure:
Well the south of England looks set for thunderstorms from midweek onwards, looks like it'll be hazy in Scotland, so we'll cross our fingers that the weather gods shine on you. :sun::sun::sun:

Where is tonight's stop?
We decided to stay another night at the abbey as we were a bit tired after our drive up yesterday so we'll be moving in the morning after walkies to see the moo moos again.😊

Jul 8, 2016
Carshalton
Funster No
MH
Nuevo II 2010
Exp
Since 1993
You'll need more than waterproofs!! We came for a 3 week tour of the west starting last week and the weather has been cool and rainy for sure but the worst is the MIDGES. I have experienced them in small numbers on a trip a few years back but go anywhere near a loch or forest and they surround you in swarms. Somehow managing to get in to our van although completely sealed!!! Forget sitting outside!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back