Welsh Tour- Abersoch, Portmerion, Aberystwyth and Tenby (1 Viewer)

NW0202

Free Member
Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto-roller 747
Exp
Hi all,

New to the Motorhome life so looking for some advice please.

Myself and my parents are looking to do 9 nights in the above areas at the end of September into October as a mini tour of some great Welsh towns which i've been reading up on.

Looking for any recommendations on parks, sites, Pub sites etc that are good to stay at in these regions? We're all adults and i will be bringing my little dog too so will need to be pet friendly :). Not too bothered about anywhere having to have certain family friendly activities for Kids, just a good pub nearby for food and a drink.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f
Sounds like Brit Stops would suit you for pub stop overs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010

This campsite and Inn fabulous.

Small quiet site and good food on site.

Definitely going back there.....

Aberaron has good restaurants too the harbor master and the cellar were both excellent.

Cheers James

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Google map Tal-y-bont near Barmouth. Theres a campsite right next to the railway station (Tyddyn Goronwy I think its called). Very handy to get the train 3 miles into Barmouth & beyond or Portmeirion in the other direction. Abersoch - lovely place but not easy to park a motorhome there. Nearest campsite if you're a member of Caravan and Motohome club is "Bodlondeb" about a mile away from the town.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Harlech, just north of Barmouth, has a great castle and , if it is open the Castle Cottage restaurant was superb, food and value. The campsite is on the seaward side of the main road.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Harlech, just north of Barmouth, has a great castle and , if it is open the Castle Cottage restaurant was superb, food and value. The campsite is on the seaward side of the main road.
Min y Don holiday park. We stayed there a couple of nights ago. Facilities are spotless. 15 mins walk to beach and ditto to the train station that takes you to the places mentioned in earlier posts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back