We’ve done it! We’ve bought a Motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Hi All,

I’ve been on this forum for a couple of months now, mostly asking questions about potential purchases. Finally, we have put a deposit down on a motorhome, so perhaps it’s time to introduce ourselves.

Tony + Cheryl and a Lab puppy called Bonnie. North lincs area.

Our new motorhome is a Rapido 999M 2007 3.0 Auto. After the 6 hour car journey today I am sooo looking forward to an automatic. I can hardly bend my knee at the moment ☹️

We pickup in 4-6 weeks, so it’ll be a nice Christmas present. We’ll probably stick to the U.K. initially, mostly long weekends, but my job lets me work from anywhere, so we have some good options.

We’re now going to start planning our first trips, our kit, and everything else we might need.

Thanks go to the kind and helpful members of this forum for steering us in the right directions.

Hope to see you soon.

(Btw, Cheryl will probably be a waver, I probably won’t be)

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
We are hoping to post a similar message ourselves soon.
Our caravan is sold, money is in the bank, and we are just waiting for the right one at a fair price to present itself.
Well done you guys.

welcome-frog - Copy - Copy.gif

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome guys.

I just picked up my 2nd Motorhome this week. Auto too. Wont ever go back. Manual sucks.

Enjoy the planning and first trips away. It's great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
:welco:

Don't be silly worst possible place to use a Motorhome. France is Motorhome heaven, Germany a close second and Spain and Portugal are pretty good.
Oh, I’m sure our plans will change in the new year. Just the thought of our first night in the U.K. is daunting enough at this stage though! We’ve a couple of spots close by we want to try out. Caister Lakes, Lincs, has cheap winter hookups, and a brilliant restaurant that will deliver to your pitch, so that’s probably going to be our first stop.

Just driving down the A1, pulling into a layby and making a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea is quite an exciting thought right now!

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Oooh what a lovely feeling,i bet your on cloud nine 👍
We are! My wife stopped getting excited about potential vans because I always found a (valid) reason to walk away. This week alone we’ve done 400 miles hunting them out, it was getting to the point that both of us wasn’t sure it would ever actually happen. Today I had no reservations.

Now, these ‘4-6’ weeks are going to be very long, but I guess it‘ll give us plenty of time to watch more YouTube ‘how-to’ videos, and get the kit together we need.

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
We are hoping to post a similar message ourselves soon.
Our caravan is sold, money is in the bank, and we are just waiting for the right one at a fair price to present itself.
Well done you guys.

View attachment 552407
Good luck! Whilst AutoTrader has been our friend, there are plenty of dealers that don’t use the site. I only found this because I found a similar van and was searching more about the model and a previous unknown (to me) dealer popped up.

As we got a better idea of the layout, class, and narrowed down to a few makes, it made searching and comparing a lot easier.

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Hi and welcome from the top right corner of Lincolnshire. We bought our latest motorhome just after Christmas. Even though it was the coldest time of year we still got out as much as we could. It was a good time to learn about a new motorhome especially the heating.
Brilliant! Know any good local spots? We’ve got Caister Lakes lined up, and want to keep local-ish for the few few trips. We’re top-left N. lincs, almost S. York’s.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Jasmine camping is not far at Sutton on Sea - Jim the boss man should be able to keep an eye on you.

The classifieds on here can help you to stock up on your essential kit.

OP
OP
T

Tony68000

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
North Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Super Newbie
Jasmine camping is not far at Sutton on Sea - Jim the boss man should be able to keep an eye on you.

The classifieds on here can help you to stock up on your essential kit.
That looks absolutely perfect! Thank you. Sea, sand and fish and chips on the great Lincolnshire coast. I think a 3-night stay in January would definitely be in order. Loving this already!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back