Malthe

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Hello there 😊
I need your help.
I have just bought a new waterpump (12v - 22.L/m - 1,4.bar)
Because the old one was loosing pressure.
Onse the new is installed i realize that the pressure is still low and after checking the power going to the pump it reads 10,6-11,0 volts 🤔
I then chek the voltage on habitat system and all is good 12,5 - 13,7v.

Anyone experienced anything like this?
Im a carpenter with a little knowledge of electricity.
But can not wrap my head around it.
Any help is much appriciated 😊👍

Reactions: DBK

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
The pump will draw about 4 amps when running the volt drop you are seeing is fairly typical in a lot of vans and is due to undersized wiring to the pump. Normally the pump will still run OK.
You could try replacing the wire with heavier ones or doubling up the cables, it it doesn't improve it could be a faulty non return valve or restriction in the pipework somewhere.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. It will be a pain but you need to trace the wire from battery to pump and check the voltage under load at every junction. But I would start at the fuse box first unless your system uses microswitches in the taps. If it does try turning on the water from a different tap. If this shows a higher voltage then focus on the rogue tap.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It can simply be a bad joint in the wire between battery and pump or under sized wire used so introducing a voltage drop. Both due to resistance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Malthe

Malthe

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
:welco:
The pump will draw about 4 amps when running the volt drop you are seeing is fairly typical in a lot of vans and is due to undersized wiring to the pump. Normally the pump will still run OK.
You could try replacing the wire with heavier ones or doubling up the cables, it it doesn't improve it could be a faulty non return valve or restriction in the pipework somewhere.
Thank you so much for the help 🙂

OP
OP
Malthe

Malthe

Free Member
Mar 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. It will be a pain but you need to trace the wire from battery to pump and check the voltage under load at every junction. But I would start at the fuse box first unless your system uses microswitches in the taps. If it does try turning on the water from a different tap. If this shows a higher voltage then focus on the rogue tap.
Thank you very much for the help 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back