Water pump install - fixings (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

PRW

Feb 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
AS WarwickXL
Installing a new Shurflo Water pump install into an Auto Sleeper PVC this needs to be screwed into the floor or onto a wooden base which itself then needs to be screwed to the floor. It's unclear as to what is beneath the vinyl floor covering in the PVC and not possible to remove it without damage so has anyone installed a Shurflo or other type of Water pump with fixings to the floor? Just after some general guidance as I don't want to end up drilling through the bottom of the van!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Installing a new Shurflo Water pump install into an Auto Sleeper PVC this needs to be screwed into the floor or onto a wooden base which itself then needs to be screwed to the floor. It's unclear as to what is beneath the vinyl floor covering in the PVC and not possible to remove it without damage so has anyone installed a Shurflo or other type of Water pump with fixings to the floor? Just after some general guidance as I don't want to end up drilling through the bottom of the van!

All the Shurflo pumps I have seen, have been fixed upright, not the floor? A picture of the pump and situation would be helpful.
(Just had a look and I am mistaken, there are floor secured Shurflo pumps and video of fixings on YouTube)

The picture is one fitted, similar to mine, between the back of the fridge and rear N/S door on a Ducato based Murvi Morello

IMG_20190907_105029.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
All the Shurflo pumps I have seen, have been fixed upright, not the floor? A picture of the pump and situation would be helpful.

The picture is one fitted, similar to mine, between the back of the fridge and rear N/S door on a Murvi Morello

View attachment 716760
Mine mounted on floor as per OP..
Don't think it matters on orientation of pump..
Sorry at prb .. I know it does not answer your question....

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Hi I have often screwed said pump to a piece of ply and sikaflex the ply to the floor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: PRW
OP
OP
PRW

PRW

Feb 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
AS WarwickXL
Hi I have often screwed said pump to a piece of ply and sikaflex the ply to the floor
Thanks that is what I thought I should do. As said, don't want to screw through the flooring as I'm not sure what's below the vinyl covering. Might be some thin layer of wood I imagine but the screws could easily go through this and potentially through the metal flooring of the van.
I read to use a piece of ply or similar as that will act as an absorber to limit noise but of course fixing the ply to the floor has the problem. Was considering an adhesive or similar so thanks for confirming that should work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back