Free Member
Oct 11, 2019
Cork, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi all,
I purchased a new Motorhome in 2019, had my first Water ingress test done by the retailer in February 2021 passed.
Second water ingress test in February 2022, a what was called a “minor leak” found where solar panel attached to roof. Retailer repaired by putting extra mastic over existing mastic on screw attaching L shaped bracket. Retailer assured me everything was ok.
In September last I purchased a water detector in Lidel and found a reading of 40 + on ceiling under the solar panel. No water stains visible, on further tests i noticed that the prongs were going through the roof easily. Retailer contacted the manufacturer and they are going to repair any damaged wood. Retailer informed me that it was the manufacturer that fitted the solar panel and put two extra L shaped brackets attached with screws down onto the roof, one on each side, which the retailer said should not have been done.
My concern is that if and when I sell the Motorhome and there’s a written record of a leak, which will probably cause a potential buyer not purchase or look for a reduced price. Am I entitled to compensation from the manufacturer ???
Photo attached…

Attachments

• 25012CA2-4CC5-4F45-8079-B0F45898F4BB.jpeg
    25012CA2-4CC5-4F45-8079-B0F45898F4BB.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 58

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I would never use hollow pop rivets to hold a solar panel to mountings shown as they are having a shearing force imposed on them in that situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back