Want to be full timer (1 Viewer)

Dru30

Free Member
Sep 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Looking in to going full time in the near future .i have many questions if anyone could help :
Due to licence what 3500kg has enough payload for 1 person full time with a budget of £20000 I like the Hymer b544 but pay load seems poor.i know I will need refillable gas tanks but how good does solar work in the uk I you don’t really want to go on sites .would 6-700 watt be enough .newbie so if some of these are silly questions forgive me .thanks

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
There is a great deal of info on here for full timers, in the resources section and also in the forums. You may need to subscribe to gain access to it all, but at £15 a year it’s a no brainer

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My opinion......
Spend a thousand quid of your twenty thousand and take your C1 test, you usually do it in a week. .
You're going to struggle to manage comfortably at 3500kg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think you'll struggle to put that much solar on a 3.5t MH. The only way might be to convert a van yourself and have only minimal rooflights.

300W should be doable supplemented by a battery to battery charger (B2B). Plus of course minimising power consumption with LED lights, USB chargers for gadgets, gas not diesel heating. :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know people who fulltime In a standard size ford transit so anything is possible.
Depending what you are carting around with you I don't see why you can't manage under 3500kg

I full time in my hymer 654 , you wouldn't believe what I'm carrying with me all the time and although mine is 3900kg max
I came in at 3740kg just last week on weighbridge and that was full diesel, full fresh water, 2x 11kg gas both full , and cupboards freshly stocked so not much over 3500kg and it's a bit bigger than a 544

You will find once fulltiming you slowly get rid of all the stuff you carry and don't use

P.s I have 200 watts of solar at the minute and in the UK it isn't enough over winter. I've room to add more if I choose.
I also purchased the van for less than your budget and when I did it was rated at 3500kg
That said it needed work doing which I've done so it's worth more than that now
But you could pick up a slightly older one under budget I think

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back