VPN best way to implement it on a mifi (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
A few people have said that the Amazon Alexa won't work abroad with out a vpn, so what's the best way to do this?
I want to connect through my mifi as it has 40gig a month data, I tried my phone but it only works as a hotspot via a data connection not WiFi.
I have set it up on my win 10 lappy and as a hotspot that works fine, but means I have to have the pc on and carry it in the rv.
Any better suggestions?

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
That's one option JJ, but not a good one. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
No, never taken it abroad before.
My van radio is u/s and I was thinking of spending a few hundred on a new dab one, when wife suggested the Alexa which I got as a prezzy, but don't use as a better idea.
So now we can simply ask it to play music, news or answer questions, don't have to touch any buttons or mess about tuning, and reception via the mifi, so far has been better than the radio when it worked, and if your fav station is on the internet, it's available wherever you have a phone signal.
It's surprisingly loud as well, no trouble hearing it over the engine as we travel.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect if you have a UK sourced sim card in your mifi it might work. Worth a try anyway. :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I suspect if you have a UK sourced sim card in your mifi it might work. Worth a try anyway. :)
All Amazon products are interlinked, Prime, Music Alexa etc. I couldn't get Prime downloads to work, they work fine in the UK although I had to have an internet connection for them to play, you could just connect for a minute then disconnect & they worked but wouldn't work abroad at all with a UK sim card.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Elcheapo DAB radio with a headphone socket so you can put it on the dash, and use a bit of wire to stuff the sound through your main radio. When at home you can use it in your man cave.

Or, just DAB with the phone.

So simple, I’ve surprised myself. :gum:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Looks like my best bet is to wait until I am in Spain and see if either direct or through a VPN will work. Now big deal for me, but wife will no doubt have a grizzle.:D

No voice control sm.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
No voice control sm.

Don’t know what’s the matter with you. Management says she has perfect voice control. Mike, tune that radio. Mike, put on the kettle. Mike, my glass is empty. Mike, can you change the bed. Mike, whip the hoover around. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I just use "Wife" make tea......... ok is the reply, "wife" another can of beer....... on way reply. No need for mifi when you have wifefi :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back