Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as a lawyer I would love to disclaim

Such disclaimers are more or less standard now and reflect what has always been the case - that the courts decide. They are basically equivalent to those issued by lawyers which say that an opinion expressed is just that and not professional advice. Disclaimers have become needed more in recent years because of the compensation culture which has come to infest the world.

I do not think the law society would allow a lawyer to use a disclaimer as you state. If a lawyer gives bad advise you can go after him... if it is just general advice and you take it as good advice then you cannot. You cannot omit personal injury from any contract. It may be the injury caused by what Eddie suggests may be an issue under that area alone. Tort law (French for wrong) is a complex matter. While a judge decides it we call that a jury question (no jury in that sort of case).. all the fact are considered and Eddie makes some good points about the metal bar in the front of his car. Plus also the issues of what plod or insurance companies make of the changes to the motor vehicle construction. I have often made my views know on the subject of A frames. But I am not going there. Just pointing out disclaimers have to be treated with reservation.

Bob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I do not think the law society would allow a lawyer to use a disclaimer as you state. If a lawyer gives bad advise you can go after him... if it is just general advice and you take it as good advice then you cannot. (snip)
Interesting Bob. I was sure I'd seen forum posts (including on here) from lawyers saying that the contents of their post was not to be taken as legal advice (or words to that effect).

Deleted User
For anyone still interested Alex at Calder Leisure has posted some very interesting comments on RVOC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Vosa

Mornin all,I was talking to a Vosa officer the other week,when he pulled me for a spot check on my wagon,He as a motorhome as well.In conversation 5th wheelers were mentioned,and he stated they were going to pull fivers over,about weight issues and handbrakes.There was a VOSA man at Malvern walking round the fivers.Apparently he made a beeline for the big American outfit.There was talk it was over weight and ,the tug did not have a train weight,which means it cant tow over here,be warned VOSA are on the prowl,They are starting doing licence checks on the RV,s as well.All the best to every one on this very wet day in Heysham.:Angry: .....THE BANDIT....

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Some of us do actually comply with the rules and regs out there, our units do have handbrakes and are within our plate train ratings, without the european trucks being up-plated others have had their trucks up plated, and some american trucks have been imported correctly and have a train weight allowance on their plates. It does depend on the individual buying the unit to do their homework and check though

Last edited:

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
VOSA,

VOSA have to make money somewhere,they will have a purge,1week they will pick on us steering wheel attendants,other times 5th wheelers and Rv,s.I know the majority of you 5th wheelers do it by the book,so do i.Im on the road in my job full time,and we get to talk to them officers and gleam a lot of info out of them.All the best ....THE BANDIT:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They are starting doing licence checks on the RV,s as well

Why do I doubt that? maybe because I've heard about this licence crackdown twice a year for the last 10 years. So maybe it will happen one of these years, we'll see:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back