Volvo ditching diesel -- too complicated to comply with emissions (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What year do you think it will be decided that the combined emissions footprint inc manuf and disposal means that the diesel car was after all the best option:doh:

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I’ve always wondered if they take fuel economy into account.
Eg If you have the same quantity of nasties being emitted, the diesel car may get you twice as far so technically 50 % less emissions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
do you think

They don't think these days. They react to vote losing press. They try all they can to buy vote winning press.

So "ban diesel and save our children" are the headlines despite the facts that diesel could be a totally viable solution.

The big problem is rules stifle innovation. Some corrupt car maker lobbies for OUR super blue solution. Rules are made, the opposition play catch up but the thinkers can't just implement a far better solution to super blue because the rules prevent this.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve always wondered if they take fuel economy into account.
Eg If you have the same quantity of nasties being emitted, the diesel car may get you twice as far so technically 50 % less emissions
Emissions are measured in grams per kilometre.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
REALLY!! It is time to take this SERIOUSLY!! ... BAN DIESEL NOW!!!! Look what has happened to the worlds Tiger population,after it was advised.................................
"Put a Tiger in your Tank!!!":eek::eek:
Tea Bag...Disgruntled Portugal!!(y)

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Fewer Volvos = Fewer Volvo Drivers

If you're a motorcyclist that's good news ............................

Lets hope they stop doing all Volvos :)
Ouch
Im a Volvo driver , please we are not all the same, just like all you motorcyclists are not half wits, like the ones I encountered this weekend doing 80+ in a 30

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Hi.
REALLY!! It is time to take this SERIOUSLY!! ... BAN DIESEL NOW!!!! Look what has happened to the worlds Tiger population,after it was advised.................................
"Put a Tiger in your Tank!!!":eek::eek:
Tea Bag...Disgruntled Portugal!!(y)

Somewhere in a box in our loft is my tiger tail they sold to attach to the filler cap. Hands up those old enough to remember that. :rofl:

I wonder if it would sell on FleaBay. :gum:

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Somewhere in a box in our loft is my tiger tail they sold to attach to the filler cap. Hands up those old enough to remember that. :rofl:

Seem to remember my granddad telling me about it...or maybe it was my great granddad :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fewer Volvos = Fewer Volvo Drivers

If you're a motorcyclist that's good news ............................

I was a Volvo driving biker. One of the nicest cars I ever ran. Failed to kill a single biker in it.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yep. And the transfer with a strip of (very realistic) bullet holes for the windscreen.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Remember all- the motor car was the cure to the horse-shit pollution problem of the late 19th century....
I read somewhere that a Euro 6 engine in London would put out cleaner air than it sucked in.
Absolutely true. The Volvo FH truck at Euro6 step C did just that, when the thingummy was pulled OUT of the exhaust the reading went UP

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Yep. And the transfer with a strip of (very realistic) bullet holes for the windscreen.

Yep and what about the half bank notes,various denominations from 10 shillings, that you hoped to get the matching other half on the next fill up ( with added lead of course for that knock-free experience)

OP
OP
MyrtleGuru
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Found an ashtray in the garage recently with an "Esso Golden" logo on it -- early 60s, I think. Petrol stations giving away ashtrays, different times, eh?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back