vodafone contract

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by freelanderuk, Nov 23, 2011.

1. freelanderuk

freelanderuk

Ratings:
    +541
    i have just had to call vodafone regards my contract and while on the phone i queried why my account showed i had 5120mb of data to use when i am on a 500mb package , apparently the 500mb is for downloads of music ,video and the like and i have unlimited surfing with a fair use policy of 5120mb,

i have been using a separate sim in a mifi for conecting to the internet with my laptop when away but will now use my smart phone as a wifi hot spot and use my phone sim saving me some money .

vodafone also do an app called my vodafone that shows minuets used , text sent , date usage and how much your bill is , i have loaded this to keep tabs on my data usage now

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Ratings:
    +1,971
    just passed the info on to SWMBO

Thanks for the link info... have passed it on to SWMBO so she can put it on her IPHON .. we have a monthly account with Vodaphone without a phone.. but it has a limit to down loads like you.. this way we can see the state of play.

Thanks

Bob

3. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +3,332
    I hve downloaded that app for vodafone but dont find it very accurate, it showed lastmonth thta I had 137mb left but when I went online to check my bill it said the usage was more than that and I had less to use than the app told me so I could have easily gone over my alllowance. I also have 500mb a month and use it all on my phone as I have a 3 contract to run until May next year for my laptop.
    I only went with vodafone to get the data traveller for abroad for £10 a month but they have stopped that now unless you are on a contract of £40 a month or more, I am on £15 and find it ample for my use, so I am looking for another way of getting internet abroad except when I can get wifi.

4. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +66,644
    I have a Vodafone contract but i dont trust them at all.

I have had loads of account queries which always ended up as being down to their "errors".

I went to Belguim at the weekend and following the texts to welcome me to France, then another to welcome me to Belguim they sent me another confirming I had "started using data" and my account had been charged £2.

The phone hadnt left my pocket.

I know about roaming fees etc but had forgotten to disable my phone.:Doh:

5. freelanderuk

freelanderuk

Ratings:
    +541
    i have been with them for about 7 years and in all that time only had 2 problems,so i can not complain , i am also using there broadband at home for the last 5 years and only pay £25 for line rental , unlimited broadband and all phone calls 24x7 free upto an hour , you have to have a contract with them, but you will not get a package cheaper anywhere else